Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Spooner recalled 3/18/13

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
is it too soon for me to get excited about a potential PP of

Seguin - Spooner - Lucic
Krejci - Hamilton

We should give That unit a shot, Horton can change-up that second unit.

Give these lines a try

Lucic Kerjci Seguin ---Huge upgrade over horton witch ever line we put Seguin on will be our best line.
Marchy Bergeron Caron -- When Seguin got dirty area and wall battle in his game, that line changed into the best line in hockey, but Krejci is our number one center and deserves Seguin
Pevs Spooner Horton -- Get Horton going I like pevs and spooner speed wise.
Merlot line.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
That is some good news to make up for loss of Kelly. Glad chia didnt want to still with pandolfo...

I hope there's a minor shakeup. Maybe try...

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marchand-Bergeron-Peverley
Paille-Spooner-Horton
Caron-Campbell-Thornton

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That is some good news to make up for loss of Kelly. Glad chia didnt want to still with pandolfo...

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Paille-Spooner-Horton
Caron-Campbell-Thornton

:laugh: Sure bust up the 2nd line which has been on fire and carrying them.Demote Lucic to third line and plug Caron in his spot game or two.Gives the kid some confidence and makes Lucic feel like a fool and force him to pick up his game.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Really hope CJ gives him Hortons spot on the PP, That unit is all Dougie, Seguin and Krejci right now they only cover 2/3 of the zone, and it's haveing good results, Spooner will make that unit good on the other third of the ice and there will be atleast four guys with great hockey IQ, I think that unit can dominate.

Horton will add size to the other unit but he is not a great PP player and I don't think he solves there problems, it would take a Krug type defesman to make that unit click, but that unit should not have to click if Spooner and Dougie get a good 80 seconds of ice, they will score 25% of the time.

boss3252

Oct 14, 2007
Julien's style. He will not touch our best line. He might ticker with the Krecji line but not yet. Will see what spooner could give on the third line. So the lines will look as follows for thursday
Lucic-Krecji-Horton
Bergeron line stays
Caron-Spooner-Peverley (won't be surprised if he puts paille in instead of Caron)

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Paille-Spooner-Horton
Caron-Campbell-Thornton

the Krejci line DEFINITELY needs a shake up. I'm weary of splitting up the Bergeron line though.. But if things aren't getting done, it's not like it's hard to put them back together on the fly mid-game.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I say:

Marchand - Bergy - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Pevs
Paille - Spooner - Horton
Merlot

Although I suppose it's unlikely CJ wants Horton out there with Spooner. Most likely will just be a simple swap of Kelly/Spooner and maybe Paille and Caron flip flop

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Caron-Krejci-Horton
Lucic-Spooner-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Finally some talent in the bottom 6. This gives Pevs someone to actually work with, I hope he does good and can stick with the team.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Since everyone else is doing line combos, might as well throw mine out there. :laugh:

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marchand-Begeron-Caron
Spooner-Peverley-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Every line has a big body to grind it out, Lucic, Caron, Horton, Thornton. Each line has a playmaker in Krejci, Bergeron, Spooner, and a sniper with Seguin, Marchand, Peverley. All of them have a mix though of sniping and playmaking.

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
If this is true, I know the obvious thing is to put spooner on L3 with peverley and caron.

I hope they consider another option: putting peverley with caron and horton, and toss spooner onto a line with krejci and lucic. Would be a different look for both lines - some extra speed on krejci's line, and someone to buy pevs some extra space on the 3rd line. Plus it'd be a kick in the behind to Horton.

-- BCN

I dig it.

Would be good to see him with someone who can make room but also someone who is creative. Should also serve as a wake up call for others.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Real simple-
spooner between Peverly and paille
Campbell between mcdermid and Thornton

And we're cooking with gas.

Caron with only a 2 game look?

I like your line-up, but I don't see them sitting Caron for Mcdermid.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I want to see Lucic with Bergeron. I just think they are good together. Put the lines however you want.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Just hope that they give Spooner at least one scorer on his wings, kid is very talented.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Why would you ever call making four changes simple? I understand it is what you would like to see but it aint so simple.

Sure it is.

Everyone's in their natural position and can play the same role they always have.

Gives Boston a physical grinding fourth line and a well balanced third line that is defensively responsible and an offensive threat.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
I'd actually like to try

Lucic-Seguin-Krejci
March-Berg-Horton
Pie-Spoons-Peverley
Caron-Soups-Thornton

I thought Krejci looked good on the wing last year, and when they made that move it definitely sent a message to Krejci/Lucic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad