RW Ryan Strome (2011, 5th overall, Islanders)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MPStoEberletoHall*

You're probably going to have the first overall pick and you have your eyes set on Strome? He is a real good prospect but I think RNH and Couturier project to become better players.

I do get the sense though Strome will be one of the more effective goal scorers of his draft class. As for a timeline on him, he could probably use another year of JRs but it wouldn't surprise me if he forces whatever team that drafts him into having to make a tough decision come training camp.

I hope he fall into Bruins pick territory. :D

Just out of curiosity, you don't want Edmonton to draft Larsson?

I want the Oilers to draft Larrson. I also want them to grab Strome as well. I'm hoping Tambo puts a package together including Kings 1st.

Something like:
Kings 1st(20-25), Oilers 2nd(31) and Cogliano for Strome(5-8) I'm not sure what a fair deal is.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I think that Strome will be better then both RNH and Couturier. Couturier is already in his third year and Storme is putting up better numbers in his second year.

Strome has great vision on the ice and makes great passes. He would do good with Hall

Tough to compare stats of two players from two different leagues.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Strome projects as a quality 2nd line center. I don't think he has the ability to become a quality league first line center, but he has a lot of nice aspects to his game that could make him a valuable #2 guy or 1b type center.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I want the Oilers to draft Larrson. I also want them to grab Strome as well. I'm hoping Tambo puts a package together including Kings 1st.

Something like:
Kings 1st(20-25), Oilers 2nd(31) and Cogliano for Strome(5-8) I'm not sure what a fair deal is.

It would be tough to convince a team to move down this year. The drop off of talent after the top 10-12 players is pretty extreme. That's not to say their aren't solid prospects available after the 12th overall but to convince another GM that he could find someone of value between 20-25 and 31-32 pick is going to be tough and you may need to pair the picks with a better player than you proposed.

Teams currently picking 5th-8th are the Avalanche, Panthers, Thrashers and Bruins. My guess is none of them are overly willing to move down.

ChefTO

Jan 13, 2010

Something like:

I'd rather the Oilers draft Larsson and Mcneill... I like Strome, but Mcneill is tougher and bigger frame... He would look great between Hall and Eberle...

MPStoEberletoHall*

I'd rather the Oilers draft Larsson and Mcneill... I like Strome, but Mcneill is tougher and bigger frame... He would look great between Hall and Eberle...

I've never really heard of him that much. What kind of player is he? Who would you compare hime to? And where is he ranked?

james30

Jan 13, 2010
jeff skinner scored mostly and strome has 70 assists. how are they the same?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
It would be tough to convince a team to move down this year. The drop off of talent after the top 10-12 players is pretty extreme. That's not to say their aren't solid prospects available after the 12th overall but to convince another GM that he could find someone of value between 20-25 and 31-32 pick is going to be tough and you may need to pair the picks with a better player than you proposed.

Teams currently picking 5th-8th are the Avalanche, Panthers, Thrashers and Bruins. My guess is none of them are overly willing to move down.

that's what I'm thinking as well but you could always have a team pick your guy and wait until the 20th spot if their guy is still on the board and then make the trade

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I would love the Blues to draft Strome at #9 or #10. But, with Jarad Schwartz being a similar player, I could see them taking Seimems or Hamilton instead, especially since trading EJ.

backdoorpass

I think he has good chance to jump in top 4 I know some scouts from couple different teams that really really like this guy think he can maybe do what skinner can do

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I think he has good chance to jump in top 4 I know some scouts from couple different teams that really really like this guy think he can maybe do what skinner can do

What is Strome's health situation? He is listed as out indefinitely. Is he dealing with a concussion after the Hishon sucker punch? If so, that could seriously affect his draft projection.

MPStoEberletoHall*

If your team is picking in the top 5 or even 8... What do you want from Edmonton?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
that's what I was about to propose

by the NFL trade value chart, it would be fair

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Doesn't work as well for hockey due to the sheer number of positions available in football. Assigning slightly arbitrary value to draft slots also assumes that every draft year produces the same level of talent. It's a quick reference tool, but even NFL management types feel that the value chart is a bit outdated now.

Personally would be surprised if #20+31 moved you into the top 8. The Islanders did a couple moves to trade up from #26 to #12 in 2009. That's probably the closest recent example. Might be more plausible to find somebody picking #12-15 that is missing a 2nd rounder, then trade up again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad