RW Rocco Grimaldi (2011, 33rd overall, Florida)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinsNCanucks

May 6, 2010
Vancouver
Maybe people got spooked by the last talented small guy (Schroeder) that fell to a "value" level in the draft?

It's a possibility even though Grimaldi is the stronger player, that people don't wanna risk a first-rounder on a guy that's 5'6.

He'll go in the second, though.

Edge of Sanity*

Maybe people got spooked by the last talented small guy (Schroeder) that fell to a "value" level in the draft?

It's a possibility even though Grimaldi is the stronger player, that people don't wanna risk a first-rounder on a guy that's 5'6.

He'll go in the second, though.

Grimaldi is ten times more talented than Schroeder

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Small guys can be successful.

Undrafted

to

images

Yeah the one guy that small who's actually able to play at a high level.

I wouldn't draft somebody 5'6.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

What a shocker! Who was that clown who had him in a top 10 list???? This kid is only 5'6.

It should have been obvious to anyone who knows anything about hockey that he would NOT be taken in the 1st round. No chance whatsoever. Anyone who felt otherwise, you finally have your proof. Dont like doing "I told you so" posts but this needed to be stated here.
Well I didn't think he would be a first rounder but Mckenzie had him ranked in the first round.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
What a shocker! Who was that clown who had him in a top 10 list???? This kid is only 5'6.

It should have been obvious to anyone who knows anything about hockey that he would NOT be taken in the 1st round. No chance whatsoever. Anyone who felt otherwise, you finally have your proof. Dont like doing "I told you so" posts but this needed to be stated here.

Obvious that he wouldn't go in the 1st? no, not really. A lot of people have said this many times before tonight even happened, this draft is all over the place. About the only thing in this draft that was obvious is that RNH was going #1. Rocco was one of those wildcard guys that could have gone just about anywhere from 15 to 50.

Yeah the one guy that small who's actually able to play at a high level.

I wouldn't draft somebody 5'6.

There was some guy named Theo Fleury a few years back. Rumor has it he was pretty good too. ;)

100angryvikings

May 4, 2011
St. Laurent, Quebec
Not terribly surprised. He seems to have a ton of skill, but most players at that size just get absolutely dominated at the NHL level. I know everyone brings up Martin St. Louis, but the reality is that for every St. Louis there are 20 more skilled small guys that just cant stick.

Obviously his skill set warrants a look in the later rounds, but definitely not worth gambling on in the 1st. Not surprising

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I really, really, really hope Nashville gets him. We need his talent, and the whole religious deal would go over amazingly with the typical nashvillian.

lol I was just thinking if there ever was a team that was a perfect fit it would be Nashville

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Its actually pathetic he didnt get taken. Kid has the most talent of any player in the draft but because of his size he falls the rd 2.

Whoever gets him gets the steal of the draft

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Its actually pathetic he didnt get taken. Kid has the most talent of any player in the draft but because of his size he falls the rd 2.

Whoever gets him gets the steal of the draft

New Jersey already got the steal of the draft by taking the guy who should have gone first with the 4th pick. Larsson will be winning a few Norris Trophies and stanley cups I am sure.

eberlehall*

New Jersey already got the steal of the draft by taking the guy who should have gone first with the 4th pick. Larsson will be winning a few Norris Trophies and stanley cups I am sure.

Guy who should have gone first that was ranked #1 by 0 scouts.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002

The I told you so posts will come when the kid is producing at the NHL level.

I sincerely hope the Bruins get him in the 2nd.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Guy who should have gone first that was ranked #1 by 0 scouts.

out of 10 that were profiled. That's 10 out of hundreds. Not saying RNH is a bad pick, he was obviously the favorite to go number 1 and the Oilers were afraid to man up and do what was best for the team. That's ok, they made the right choice last year and I'm sure RNH will still have a really productive career anyways, so they don't really lose out.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Kids gonna get drafted. Doesn't seem like the kind of person who is going to dwell on not being in the 1st rd. 1st overall or 100th, he's not NHL ready so those results aren't going to come for years down the road.

eberlehall*

out of 10 that were profiled. That's 10 out of hundreds. Not saying RNH is a bad pick, he was obviously the favorite to go number 1 and the Oilers were afraid to man up and do what was best for the team. That's ok, they made the right choice last year and I'm sure RNH will still have a really productive career anyways, so they don't really lose out.

0 Scouting services had him #1.

Oilers would never have taken him #1. They took the BPA and the #1 ranked by everyone. Two other GM's passed on him as well for a reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad