RW Rocco Grimaldi (2011, 33rd overall, Florida)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Just because he wasn't picked in the 1st round, doesn't mean many GM's didn't have him ranked as first round talent. Heck, theoretically, he could have been the consensus #5 pick on every GM's list, and still slid to the second round. Seems kind of silly to have a "I told you so" thread, when you have no idea what NHL GM's really think of the kid.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I wonder what pick he will be taken. As an Islanders fan I wouldn't mind them giving him a shot at #34. I can see Detroit taking a chance at 35, although my guess is Florida will take him at 33

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Its actually pathetic he didnt get taken. Kid has the most talent of any player in the draft but because of his size he falls the rd 2.

Whoever gets him gets the steal of the draft

I keep hearing how incredibly talented he is, but where are the numbers. Why isn't he tearing up the USHL? he had good numbers at the U18, but they weren't wow those are incredible numbers

I think he has a chance to some day be a decent NHL player, but probably a 3rd line energy guy who maybe chips in 35-40 points

Would be funny to see him go to the Bruins in the second round. I really want to see him get assigned Brad Marchand as a big brother at camp. Rocco's head would explode quickly

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
the only way Grimaldi was going into the first round was if Toronto took him. I think a team looking to take a gamble on high end skill will take him, which makes the lower end teams prime targets. I think he gets picked before pick 40.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
What a shocker! Who was that clown who had him in a top 10 list???? This kid is only 5'6.

It should have been obvious to anyone who knows anything about hockey that he would NOT be taken in the 1st round. No chance whatsoever. Anyone who felt otherwise, you finally have your proof. Dont like doing "I told you so" posts but this needed to be stated here.

When he turns into a star, are you still going to be as adamant about tooting your own horn?

Some team is getting a great pick in the second round with Grimaldi still on the board. Some of the names that went before him in the first just left me shaking my head.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
They won't.. but ok. People can bring up one good player who is under 5'9. I guess that means everyone can be a St. Louis

I never said anything about St. Louis. I simply said that some teams will regret not taking him when they had a chance in the late first round. I stand by that. You'll see.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
On a completely non religious note...I hope the Blues grab him at 32

That's where I think he'll go.

Edmonton's likely picking one of Jenner or Mayfield. Maybe, just maybe Saad is in consideration but I don't see how they could take him over Mayfield or Jenner.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
0 Scouting services had him #1.

Oilers would never have taken him #1. They took the BPA and the #1 ranked by everyone. Two other GM's passed on him as well for a reason.

probably the same reason their teams are perennial bottom feeders and the Devils are perennial contenders.

Iplayhockehh

Aug 20, 2010
Surrey
They won't.. but ok. People can bring up one good player who is under 5'9. I guess that means everyone can be a St. Louis

Ahem* Martin st.louis, mike cammaleri, pat kane, brian gionta, nathan gerbe(on pace for 23 goals in his sophmore season) theo fleury, mats naslund, tyler ennis, briere, derek roy come to the top of my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

RECsGuy*

If Grimaldi...

...was average height (5'10" - 6'), how high would he have been taken?

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Assuming his skillset stays exactly the same, hed be in the running for 1st overall. His skillset is just great. He can shoot, pass, skate, fight for pucks in corners.

That being said, in reality, if hes a bit taller, his skillset likely isnt as good

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
If he were 5'10 and he played in the OHL last year, he would be in contention for first overall, and would be ahead of Zibanejad and Strome for sure.

5'10 with his skillset would probably have gotten him 120ish points in the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad