RW Rocco Grimaldi (2011, 33rd overall, Florida)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
How did Rocco look last night? I saw he only played 6 minutes.

I also noticed Barkov was scratched. Was Rocco in for Barkov? Why?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Rocco played on a line with Trochek and dman Robak. They actually looked pretty decent together and caused some havoc in front of the net. Trochek had a golden opportunity that he didn't convert. On a team desperate for scoring, they at least threatened to score.

I'm still skeptical he'll ever be a regular top 6 guy because of his size, but I'm rooting for him.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Rocco came as advertised, real spark plug, sadly had a horrible turnover in the NZ but worked like a dog to get it back, but grimaldi-trocheck-robak (played as a wing) created A LOT of offense, no goal, but damn close

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Rocco scored his 1st career goal tonight against Rinne.

[NHL]2014020302-594-a[/NHL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lepain

Jul 15, 2014
Anybody has seen him play recently?

How has he been doing? 14-28-42 in 60 games played with a +9 in his rookie season in the AHL.

I think he is 2nd in points per game in San Antonio for players with 25 games or more.

What would you say he's doing at an NHL level and what does he have to improve to make an impact in the NHL?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Anybody has seen him play recently?
What would you say he's doing at an NHL level and what does he have to improve to make an impact in the NHL?

He had a couple impressive games in the NHL but needs more work. Lots of energy, but honestly it's probably too much, he made some bad turnovers trying to be a hero. He could've had 3 or 4 goals though, he got robbed several times. The general consensus is he'll spend most of next year in the minors and replace Boyes as a 2nd/3rd liner in 2016.

Fun to watch for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad