RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023 Draft) - PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Well, tough game, no chemistry, new team. 3 shots on goal for Matvei but just one shot was from a dangerous position. Overall I understand why Sochi is dead last in the KHL.
I guess there’s a good chance he will be on the first line and PP1 there soon

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I guess there’s a good chance he will be on the first line and PP1 there soon

Sochi's 1st line was the only line that could do something, I doubt it will be broken. Michkov played on the 2nd line, I guess he'll keep playing on it. They had some glimpses of hope, pretty bleak but still hope.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He played 14:36, 3 min less than in the 1st game, but overall looked much better. Not because he scored but because they had a few very good moments as a line which means there is already some chemistry between the players.

I hope it will be getting better and better and with his shot and IQ there will be goals and points for sure.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Maybe it's a blessing for him to not be able to attend the WJC. Overscouting will happen for the other top end prospects, but I somehow have a feeling people will overlook how Michkov can be the best player of this draft. Plays against men, not kids. No bad habits. Michkov is lethal, a real shark. I hope he drops to Montreal, wherever we pick.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Maybe it's a blessing for him to not be able to attend the WJC. Overscouting will happen for the other top end prospects, but I somehow have a feeling people will overlook how Michkov can be the best player of this draft. Plays against men, not kids. No bad habits. Michkov is lethal, a real shark. I hope he drops to Montreal, wherever we pick.

Yeah, Team Russia not being at the WJC is a loss for hockey fans not Michkov and other Russian kids. Most of them play professional hockey vs better competition for better money right now. What to complain about?

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
I hope so :nod:

"I hope he drops to Montreal, wherever we pick." Too late, he's already a Shark :sarcasm:

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Yeah, Team Russia not being at the WJC is a loss for hockey fans not Michkov and other Russian kids. Most of them play professional hockey vs better competition for better money right now. What to complain about?
It’s IMO a loss for all Russian hockey fans and definitely a loss of experience for the Russian players, let’s be real here. KHL isn’t running away from them.

Bedard tried the Michkov again. And again it didn't work. Not good enough, Connor.

Reactions: BMann and Fantomas

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

Michkov got COVID at last year's WJCs in Canada and that stuff is still in the air. I think he's probably okay with not gong.

• Haha
Reactions: peconcan

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It’s IMO a loss for all Russian hockey fans and definitely a loss of experience for the Russian players, let’s be real here. KHL isn’t running away from them.

Bedard tried the Michkov again. And again it didn't work. Not good enough, Connor.

What experience for players? They would have been training in the camp for about a month and then had to spend another 2 weeks at the tournament instead of playing professional hockey. I'm pretty sure they will be better without this "experience"...

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

I doubt most of those kids are playing in the khl, and those that are likely don't get much ice time

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
in your opinions is he the best Russian prospect since ovy?
Admittedly I haven't really seen much of this guy but he's supposed to be like 150 lbs. Do you really think he's gonna handle the NHL? I don't know if a guy that size should be drafted so high. Especially if there are alternatives. But like I said I haven't really seen him. What is so good about him?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Admittedly I haven't really seen much of this guy but he's supposed to be like 150 lbs. Do you really think he's gonna handle the NHL? I don't know if a guy that size should be drafted so high. Especially if there are alternatives. But like I said I haven't really seen him. What is so good about him?
His shot and offensive awareness are off the charts, and it shows in his production which is basically unprecedented at every level for this era in both league and in international play. He's just so creative and when he gets a good opportunity he rarely misses.

It's kind of hard to peg the exact reason but when you watch him you just see the star potential immediately. Everything he does is with confidence and purpose , he's never going through the motions or just making a dead play.

Reactions: Flynn84 and BMann

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Michkovs upper body is really trained well for his age, he has a neck like a bull. Some can dislike Rotenberg, but he is right that Michkov should train his legs more. These are the almost 20 kg which Bedard has ahead of him with the same size, Connor's legs are already very well trained. But that’s nothing Michkov can’t work on and with more speed and explosiveness he will be unstoppable.

TSN did show yesterday how Bedard had something like 20 Goals in 20 Games on international stage with the U20s and U18s. Let’s do the same for Michkov:

With U20 and U18 9 games 15 goals.

With U20, U18 and Hlinka Gretzky 14 games 23 goals…

But Austria is waiting again for Connor to give his stats a generational boost.

Reactions: Fantomas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad