RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023 Draft) - PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
I've heared Fantilli scored 11 of his 15 points vs just 2 teams but still he's big, physically matured center who has very good NCAA statistics (at the moment). If he keeps playing this way and stays above PPG level as a 17-18 year old kid, I'm pretty sure GMs will prefer him to Michkov, who won't come to the league before 2026 year.
Lake Superior: 1g + 3a
Lake Superior: 3g
Boston U: 1a
Boston U:3a
Lindenwood: 1g + 1a
Lindenwood: 2a

Pretty even between those teams, but I don't think that Lake Superior and Lindenwood are very good.

It's a pretty small sample right now, but we could compare with a guy like Matty Beniers who played with a more stacked Michigan team last year and had 4 points in his first 6 games (VS 15 for Fantilli).

The last very big NCAA season for a 17-18yo (before getting drafted) is Jack Eichel, with 71 pts in 40 games. Even if he finish with around 60, it would be the best since Eichel, who was seen as a sure #1 overall vs anyone not named McDavid.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Lake Superior: 1g + 3a
Lake Superior: 3g
Boston U: 1a
Boston U:3a
Lindenwood: 1g + 1a
Lindenwood: 2a

Pretty even between those teams, but I don't think that Lake Superior and Lindenwood are very good.

It's a pretty small sample right now, but we could compare with a guy like Matty Beniers who played with a more stacked Michigan team last year and had 4 points in his first 6 games (VS 15 for Fantilli).

The last very big NCAA season for a 17-18yo (before getting drafted) is Jack Eichel, with 71 pts in 40 games. Even if he finish with around 60, it would be the best since Eichel, who was seen as a sure #1 overall vs anyone not named McDavid.

Yeah, and Michkov has the best start ever in the VHL for 17-18 year olds...

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
So they have no place for Michkov and Buchelnikov but have for Demidov. Demidov is great but he's not even close to Buchelnikov and Michkov right now.

Of course he played just 3:37...

That’s not about having a spot for Michkov or not. If you remember Michkov did get several games last year with SKA… none of the three seems to be seen as a KHL regular as of now, so they try to give everyone some opportunities against men (if deserved). And I don’t think 3 minutes in the K are better than 1st line minutes in the V.

You guys are overacting hard. If I would be the SKA management I would act exactly like this. Let my future star play in the 2nd league (as long as I can) to give him more goals to achieve in his limited time with my club (IMO he will be the best player outside the NHL with 20 years old and the desire to play there will increase). On the other side SKA is full of talent (especially with Gusev now) and don’t need him at all. That’s IMO a win win situation.

And I bet Michkovs Star will rise especially at the end of this season, when he will show signs of superstar potential in the KHL playoffs. Some think that Michkov dropped even out of the Top 3… this talk will be over then.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Does anyone have his stats on the powerplay vs even strength?

I feel like every highlight I see of him scoring, he is on the powerplay.

Something to keep an eye on.

• Wow
Reactions: Realgud

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019

He has 3 (2+1) even strength points and 2 (1+1) 5v5 points.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

It's my personal view but the team is terribad. They play such a stupid game I sometimes just can't watch it. Michkov and Buchelnikov are the only ones who try to do something more than just skate and shoot. A lot of players are great skaters and stickhandlers on the team, and have close to zero IQ, that's probably why they play in the VHL... It's hard to play 5vs5 for Michkov and Buchelnikov but on PP they shine.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Is it fair to say that the VHL is a substantially more competitive league than the CHL?

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
It's my personal view but the team is terribad. They play such a stupid game I sometimes just can't watch it. Michkov and Buchelnikov are the only ones who try to do something more than just skate and shoot. A lot of players are great skaters and stickhandlers on the team, and have close to zero IQ, that's probably why they play in the VHL... It's hard to play 5vs5 for Michkov and Buchelnikov but on PP they shine.
I agree with this. This team is not very talented and are in the middle of the standings, despite being 6-0-1 with Michkov in the lineup. Michkov has had a lot of looks, and has linked a lot of plays together nicely at even strength, but the puck has just not gone in.

Regardless, I am not one to downplay this level of production, even when it is PP driven. Plenty of teams would salivate over someone who makes their PP this deadly. Many great players don't produce as well on PP, so having someone who is so deadly is a huge benefit.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Great goal in the first minute or so of the game today. It’s hard to imagine a world we he doesn’t end up being a monster in the NHL.

He’s closer to a Bedard than people want to realize. I’ve seen people put Sale, Fantilli, and Carlsson over him in their draft rankings and I really think that is nonsense. He’s closer to 1 than he is to whoever goes 3rd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad