RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023 Draft) - PART 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Well I'm pretty sure he will make much more in the KHL than what NHL ELC contract is. Don't forget his salary doesn't count against the cap untill he's 21. So if (when?) he becomes a KHL superstar SKA will have to pay him a lot.
in the next 3 years (if he plays in the KHL) he will earn 70 million rubles. that's around 1 million dollars, for 3 years.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
didn't hear anything about bonuses. can't comment. The main bonus, i think, is not to be sent to the frontlines.

Michkov was 16 when he signed. How many 16 year olds have a million dollars (+ countless bonuses) thrown in their face?
He said he signed to secure his parents for life.

Could he have made more long-term by not signing? Probably. But he could also stop developing, or get hit by a bus tomorrow.
Can't fault any 16 year old for taking the sure thing.

Btw, tons of KHL teams offer bonus not written into a contract.

Last edited:

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Michkov was 16 when he signed. How many 16 year olds have a million dollars (+ countless bonuses) thrown in their face?

Could he have made more long-term by not signing? Probably. But he could also stop developing, or get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Chill. I don't care where he plays the next three years. It is his choice. But it is absurd to state that he will get a lot of money out of the deal, much more than his NHL ELC contract would be.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Are you saying that he could not have gotten a 2 year or a 3 year deal? That's a bit dubious. Would the team really let him walk if he doesn't agree to 5 years, and lose the best Russian prospect since Ovechkin? Not buying it.

The guy just got fleeced and taken advantage of at his young age.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Chill. I don't care where he plays the next three years. It is his choice. But it is absurd to state that he will get a lot of money out of the deal, much more than his NHL ELC contract would be.

It's not absurd, just learn KHL bonus system. They said CSKA paid crazy money to players after winning Gagarin Cup. Why was it possible? Because if a team gets in simifinals, its bonuses don't count against the cap. I'm pretty sure Michkov has some cool bonuses in his contract.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
It's not absurd, just learn KHL bonus system. They said CSKA paid crazy money to players after winning Gagarin Cup. Why was it possible? Because if a team gets in simifinals, its bonuses don't count against the cap. I'm pretty sure Michkov has some cool bonuses in his contract.
i'm pretty sure there are no big bonuses in his contract.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
So how far down the draft table is he projected to drop to if the 4 years in Russia rumours are true?

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
This Dylan Griffing Guy seems to copy my posts…

And I too think that his game against Tambov was his best one. He had 1,2 few mistakes but for the first time he was all over the ice at ES. As I said, I think he will adapt quickly.

And I don’t get the people complaining about him not playing in the KHL. It’s obvious that his offensive mind and play is absolutely off the charts. His production in the VHL so far was not seen bevor someone his age.

And it’s seems that SKA only cares about to give him good circumstances to work on his few bad habits. He is only playing home games at the moment. When SKA/Neva is on the road he stays at home an can do his workouts. He is getting top 6 and 1st pp minutes at Neva and can step by step acclimated at SKA. No one is rushing anything. And that’s good.

I’m sure Michkov could be almost PPG with Top 6 minutes right now in the K (what would make him the most productive undraftet prospect in the K ever). But I don’t think SKA need this at the moment if with his production his teenager habits comes hand in hand with him. But I would bet that he will get his regular spot at SKA in a few months this season. Maybe even faster.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This Dylan Griffing Guy seems to copy my posts…

And I too think that his game against Tambov was his best one. He had 1,2 few mistakes but for the first time he was all over the ice at ES. As I said, I think he will adapt quickly.

And I don’t get the people complaining about him not playing in the KHL. It’s obvious that his offensive mind and play is absolutely off the charts. His production in the VHL so far was not seen bevor someone his age.

And it’s seems that SKA only cares about to give him good circumstances to work on his few bad habits. He is only playing home games at the moment. When SKA/Neva is on the road he stays at home an can do his workouts. He is getting top 6 and 1st pp minutes at Neva and can step by step acclimated at SKA. No one is rushing anything. And that’s good.

I’m sure Michkov could be almost PPG with Top 6 minutes right now in the K (what would make him the most productive undraftet prospect in the K ever). But I don’t think SKA need this at the moment if with his production his teenager habits comes hand in hand with him. But I would bet that he will get his regular spot at SKA in a few months this season. Maybe even faster.

Who cares what SKA needs? They are a hockey team funded by a state that doesn’t have even play in by far the best league in the sport. They are pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of hockey, and to not give the best Russian prospect in a long time a regular lineup spot at this age is ridiculous and shows why any good Russian player should refuse to take their money. They’ll develop better on a different team. They can make money later.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Another VHL game, another Michkov's goal and the 3rd period to play. He played on the dot in the 2nd and won a few face-offs. As far as I understand they didn't move him to a center position, just tried him on the dot because his line's center can't faceoffs.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I wish he was loaned to a mediocre KHL team to play top 6 minutes

He looked pretty rusty in the 1st which was understandable considering he again had a big break. He looked better in the 2nd, had a couple of chances and scored on 5 vs 3. They play vs VHL leader with a lot of former KHLers. Pretty tough game for kids, but Michkov and Buchelnikov look solid. Pity they don't play on the same line.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Just FYI, these are the bonuses he would get with his NHL ELC.

NHL ELCs for players drafted after 2022 will have Level ‘A’ Performance Bonuses up to 1m and then Level ‘B’ Performance Bonuses up to 2.5m.

A" Level Bonuses:
For players drafted starting in 2022, "A" bonuses are worth $250,000 each, to a maximum of $1,000,000 (maximum 4 achieved). They are achieved by each of:

Forwards

-20 goals

-35 assists

-60 points

-Top six in Time on Ice among forwards (in total and/or per game) on team (minimum 42 games)

-Top three in +/- among forwards on team (minimum 42 games)

-0.73 points per game (minimum 42 games)

-End-of Season All Rookie Team

-All Star Selection

-All Star MVP

"B" Level Bonuses:
"B" Bonuses are worth a maximum of $2.5M for players drafted in 2022 and later and the full amount of the bonus is awarded if any of the following is achieved:

-Forwards: Top Ten in NHL Forward Goals, Assists, points, or points per game (min 42 GP)

-Defensemen: Top Ten in NHL Defensemen Goals, Assists, points, ice time or points per game (min 42 GP) for Defensemen

-Win any of the following trophies: Hart, Selke, Richard, Conn Smythe, Norris

-1st or 2nd team All-Star

Reactions: CanuckCity

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Michkov looked bad in the first, decent in the 2nd and good in the 3rd. Overall solid game vs one of the league's leaders.

If Michkov played this entire season in junior he'd probably never look bad.

He's experiencing real challenges, playing against men in professional leagues, learning from his mistakes and getting better. I'm happy to see it.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Sucks that we won't get to see him in the WJHC. Michkov vs Bedard in the gold medal game would be epic.

Not saying Russia should be there.

Reactions: wetcoast

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
At this point I think he goes around 5-10. The other guys at the top are too strong for GMs to pass up.

Having watched Michkov live, I think it would be a mistake. You can’t teach what he has and he’s absolutely mesmerizing with the puck.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
At this point I think he goes around 5-10. The other guys at the top are too strong for GMs to pass up.

Having watched Michkov live, I think it would be a mistake. You can’t teach what he has and he’s absolutely mesmerizing with the puck.
I'd be shocked if he falls to 5. Waiting 3 years isn't really that big of a deal, and then you are getting a fully developed star winger. Most top 5 picks aren't really making much of an impact from 18-21 anyways, especially when you consider they are typically playing for lottery teams anyway.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He reminds me of Gretzky. A ghost that appear out of a nowhere like a genie and end up with 3 pts on the sheet.

Granted, I haven't seen that much of him. Just a raw impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad