RW/C Mikko Rantanen (2015, 10th, COL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Man I am so hyped after today. Colorado, in my opinion really turned things around today. Not that they were in the basement or anything but it's like a fresh new outlook on the team after today.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Agreed stranger. Im dancing in my socks. The return on Rhino coupled with this Rantanen kid...I thought today would be horrible but I'm feeling so overwhelmingly positive for the first time in some while!

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Did anyone else feel the television presenters were somewhat undercutting of Rantanen? Meier, picked directly before, they raved over (and with good reason, Timo is terrific), but then with Rantanen they are making a strange point about how Calgary traded for Dougie Hamilton so they wouldn't fail and regress like Colorado? What does that have to do with this moment? And then someone chimed in "he might get you 20 goals, if so you'll be happy with this pick". Well ya, 20 goals is nothing to sniff at, but lets be real Mikko Rantanen has a higher ceiling than that.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Did anyone else feel the television presenters were somewhat undercutting of Rantanen? Meier, picked directly before, they raved over (and with good reason, Timo is terrific), but then with Rantanen they are making a strange point about how Calgary traded for Dougie Hamilton so they wouldn't fail and regress like Colorado? What does that have to do with this moment? And then someone chimed in "he might get you 20 goals, if so you'll be happy with this pick". Well ya, 20 goals is nothing to sniff at, but lets be real Mikko Rantanen has a higher ceiling than that.

They usually cut to commercial for our pick. Huge upgrade

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008

Welcome to national broadcasts of the avs (other than NBCSNs weird love affair with Tyson Barrie, everyone else underrates him, they think he should be in Norris talks)

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
From my favourite team in Finland and to my favourite NHL team. **** yeah.. I couldnt be more happy. Excited!! Great to have Rantanen and I think he will be great player for us. Exactly what Colorado needs anyway, depth and size on right wing.

Sakic even mentioned he might make it to the team next season!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I didn't think the Avs would pick him either but excited to have him. Think they might have him playing in the NHL sooner than later.

However coach Roy got what he wanted.
Rantanen was top in Roy's wish list and his wish came true.

I haven't heard this before. So Rantanen was Roy's favorite?

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Whats The possibility to see mikko in The nhl this fall?

It's still very unclear how the lines will actually play out, but it seems rather likely that our third line has either Grigorenko or Soderberg centering it and Comeau on one wing. That third spot on that line should be an open question where Mikko could certainly be in the mix with Dennis Everberg, John Mitchell, and Borna Rendulic.

Everberg was a very good penalty killer for the team last season (something made all the more valuable after the departure of O'Reilly); so he could/should have the inside track, and Roy does seem very fond of him, having said that he believes the kid could be an elite third liner. But Rantanen is a much more talented player than Everberg, and one who brings a lot of the same things that Roy loves about the big Swede. If Patrick feels comfortable in his other PK options I could see him being unable to send Rantanen away if the kid looks ready. Especially since Roy is going to want to have enough talent in the lineup to ensure that Grigorenko doesn't have to push Tanguay or Soderberg out of the top 6 to have some skill to play with.

Should be a very interesting time in camp and I hope he has a great showing

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Surprised no one has been talking about it, but Rantanen appears to almost be a lock to play for the Avs this year. They moved MacKinnon back to C, opening up a RW spot for Rantanen, whose been the best forward for the last two games. He looks a lot like Landeskog in terms of how he plays, but not nearly as physical.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Surprised no one has been talking about it, but Rantanen appears to almost be a lock to play for the Avs this year. They moved MacKinnon back to C, opening up a RW spot for Rantanen, whose been the best forward for the last two games. He looks a lot like Landeskog in terms of how he plays, but not nearly as physical.
Wow, that's good to hear on both counts (good to see MacK get back to center). It's no secret I wanted Rantanen with our pick and was extremely upset when Colorado announced their pick right before us. But I do like to be made to look correct in my player assessment though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad