Confirmed with Link: Rutger McGroarty to Pittsburgh for Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
The thing I I don't get, why go out of your way to lie about always wanting to be a Winnipeg Jet? No one was forcing him to say these things.. Express your true feelings or be cordially polite and/or be silent . Evander Kane at least kept it behind doors and wasn't trying to fool people about how much he really really loved it here.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If nothing else, the recent situations with PLD, Scheifele and Hellebuyck, and McGroarty have shown that we can take the media rumours about the Jets with a grain of salt. The Jets' and national media have missed badly in various ways on those stories.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Just listened to the WST episode with the segment on McGroaty, I hate the kid even more.

I hope they display all the BS sound bytes and quotes that liar said about Winnipeg and being excited being drafted here on the Jumbotron at CLC. I hope the kid gets wrecked. F- him, his representatives and Cutter Gauthier.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Finally watched a bunch of yager video and there is a lot to like. You can definitely see he has a higher ceiling than mcgroaty. His shot and top end speed are legit. He's also a very good passer.

There was talk about how he's played with top end talent and it's true which does help with his points but it should definitely transfer to the NHL. Most of his goals are because of his shot, it's not like it's Hyman tap ins.

I think he's similar to Laine as in even if he struggles with other parts of his game, he just needs to get that shot off and there will be a lot of goals scored. And if he can improve and put on some size he'll be an excellent player. He can drive the play, drive the net(even at his smaller size).

I could see maybe his numbers not quite as good next year because he doesn't have the same finishers he had with him this year. But I think he will be more shot first and we'll see his goals shoot up again. He was surrounded with so much talent that he was always looking for the pass last year. This year will probably be different.

It's funny we talk about trading 14th pick for 14th pick and buffalo just gives savoie, the 9th pick away for so little.

Last edited:

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Like most of us, I was looking forward to cheering for Rutger. Alas, this is not to be.

I will say though, there is always entertainment value in cheering against a villain.

Whether he makes the team or not, I have definitely moved Pittsburgh up the chart when my partner and I split our season ticket games next week.

Perhaps Logan Stanley can give him a warm Winnipeg welcome!

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Like most of us, I was looking forward to cheering for Rutger. Alas, this is not to be.

I will say though, there is always entertainment value in cheering against a villain.

Whether he makes the team or not, I have definitely moved Pittsburgh up the chart when my partner and I split our season ticket games next week.

I know it's unlikely, but if Yager has a great camp and earns some games before going back down Rutger V Yager in game 5 would be epic.

Agree on the villain aspect, this is probably the biggest heel turn in Jets 2.0 history. Gonna be a lot of fun hating on Rutger

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Just got back from my trip to the United States and went for a bike ride this morning and bumped into the lady who sleeps on the Empress Street Bicycle Path. I asked her if she knew if any other teams were interested in Rutger besides Pittsburgh. She said that L.A. was going hard and agreed to name a park after him...

McGroarty-Park.jpg

The Kings were also going to get the City of Los Angeles to name a new arts center after him as well, but he was traded to the Penguins before they had a chance to put the shovel in the ground...

MAC%2Blogo.jpg

So it seems that we weren't the only team to get bamboozled by this guy. Poor Rob Blake, I'm surprised he still has a job...

Last edited:

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Habs fan, coming in peace.

I’ll preface by saying that I really wanted McGroarty in Montreal but it wasn’t to be. Also, I’m sorry that you guys lost out on your prospect.

I wanted to say that you’ll be thrilled with this Yager kid, and that you guys have one of the best GM’s in the NHL. Even with his back to the wall, he manages to get exceptional value. I’d even argue that nobody does better under pressure.

All the best (except when you play the Habs of course haha).

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
The thing I I don't get, why go out of your way to lie about always wanting to be a Winnipeg Jet? No one was forcing him to say these things.. Express your true feelings or be cordially polite and/or be silent . Evander Kane at least kept it behind doors and wasn't trying to fool people about how much he really really loved it here.

Rutger is a Sociopath.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021

That’s a depressing thought to think we have to turn to Stanley to rough him up.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
This needs to be played on a loop on the jumbotron from when the Pens play in Winnipeg!!

I was thinking the exact same thing.! You really can't attack True North promotion dept because they are simply showing a human being ( supposedly) saying great things about the Jets.

However I'm certain Jets would be accused of insighting fan backlash against McGroarty

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Based on Chevy's comments, these are the possibilities why wanted out IMO:

1 It is about development and McGroarty's camp think they are doing themselves and Jets a favor by keeping this opinion secret .

2. He doesn't like the actual city of Winnipeg ( not the team).

3. Something happened between McGroarty and a player (s), staff or coach that McGroarty didn't like.

4. Pure Deception since the day he got drafted. Non starter ever playing with the franchise from the start. McGroarty, family and agent made copies of a storyline and script and passed them around.

Regardless, nothing really explains McGroarty's overt love fest with the Winnipeg Jets. That's still a mystery to me.

Last edited:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
For future reference.

Go to 1 min 05 sec.

This eliteprospectshockey Tik Tok video debuted on 2023-12-19.

I went for another bike ride today and when I was coming back, I talked to the lady who sleeps on the Empress Street Bicycle Path. I asked her if there was any more news she could share. She said that after his performance at the Winnipeg Jets Development Camp last year, the AMPAS (Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences) will be awarding Rutger McGroarty a special Oscar...

mcgroarty-oscar.jpg

"I'm sure he'll like that," I said, "just surprised he didn't want them to change the name of the award." She said he tried, but the "Rutger" Award was already taken by the ACPTA (American Cow Patty Throwers Association) and they didn't want to mess with them...

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Can you give me a bit more detail on your last point.
Hey PS, sorry about the delay but I headed out to the lake mid day Friday and I'm just back in town. While I might do a quick response out there, at this point I'm just using my phone with spotty cell service when I'm there. What I meant by my comment was that I think Chevy is the best in the business in dealing with forced bad situations. He never panics, and will grind out the best trade however long that takes. I also think he has a real good handle on players, agents and other GM pressure points. For example he likely held very tough with Dubas on getting his best prospect back for McGroarty knowing he has Crosby needing to be extended and he has to be in a best he can do now win position. He also likely knew that McGroarty had no intentions of going back to school if he could at all avoid it.

My comment was more towards, while Chevy is the best in the business in reacting to forced situations, I'm far from convinced he has a long term vision for the team and to me he seems to meander along from one pressure point to another, trying to fix things as they come up rather than have a plan of action for long term success.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I went for another bike ride today and when I was coming back, I talked to the lady who sleeps on the Empress Street Bicycle Path. I asked her if there was any more news she could share. She said that after his performance at the Winnipeg Jets Development Camp last year, the AMPAS (Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences) will be awarding Rutger McGroarty a special Oscar...

View attachment 903145

"I'm sure he'll like that," I said, "just surprised he didn't want them to change the name of the award." She said he tried, but the "Rutger" Award was already taken by the ACPTA (American Cow Patty Throwers Association) and they didn't want to mess with them...
Just popping in to say I can't wait for the GDT(s) that come out of this!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
My comment was more towards, while Chevy is the best in the business in reacting to forced situations, I'm far from convinced he has a long term vision for the team and to me he seems to meander along from one pressure point to another, trying to fix things as they come up rather than have a plan of action for long term success.

I feel my counter to your last point is that it's hard to have a long term vision for your team when key pieces of that future suddenly tell you that they're not feeling the vibes and are not gonna sign here. He had a long term vision of Trouba and Morrissey as the top pairing, oops, Trouba's wife can't do her residency here so he's leaving and by the way he'll only go one place. He had a vision of Scheifele and Dubois as the 1-2 down the middle for a number of years, oops Dubois wants a different lifestyle.

It's hard to have a long term vision and execute that vision when your key components of that future might want out at any moment.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I feel my counter to your last point is that it's hard to have a long term vision for your team when key pieces of that future suddenly tell you that they're not feeling the vibes and are not gonna sign here. He had a long term vision of Trouba and Morrissey as the top pairing, oops, Trouba's wife can't do her residency here so he's leaving and by the way he'll only go one place. He had a vision of Scheifele and Dubois as the 1-2 down the middle for a number of years, oops Dubois wants a different lifestyle.

It's hard to have a long term vision and execute that vision when your key components of that future might want out at any moment.
That's a fair counter argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad