PTO: [NJD] G Michael Hutchinson, D Jakub Zboril, F Kevin Labanc, D Andy Welinski signs PTO with the Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I can understand a Czech hockey fan being interested in whether Zboril has a shot at a roster spot. I think the biggest challenge you will face is the relative modest coverage of thr Devils.
And the relatively modest Zboril results.lol

I will cheer to the end but I think the end was when Columbus didn't call him up for one game at the end of last season.

All the tools but just can't put it together.. and boy are there a lot of guys like that from round 1 that never translated.

But, yeah, as a Czech fan we are very low on NHL D and even a 6/7 full timer would be exciting right about now.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Gee - you're really quick. ( see - that's sarcasm ) :nod:

You're welcome ( again - more sarcasm ). :sarcasm:
In fairness... Kyle Connor and the Jet's have had a lot more success than the Bruins in the NHL since 2015.

Time to take the loss (more sarcasm)

I'll see myself out!

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
For the record, Nico is one of my favorite Devils of all time.

But as someone who saw the franchise go from its infancy to Stanley Cups during the Lamoriello/Lemaire days, watching the Blitzer/Harris/Fitz era of favoritism and corporate marketing hockey has been a bit difficult to take.
I too am an original fan, STH x2 for yrs 1&2. And yes Lou building the team was great BUT...
Teh cap era changed this team's path forever and that's not a bad thing. It did show how Lou last the touch. Conte was bad at the end and the last decent pick they made was Zajac with a lotta whiffs worse than Holtz TBH. Shero put them in the right direction. Crazy ownership in Jeff VDB was fun at first but the rumor of no $ to pay the players and free unlimited sushi at home was wild! HarrisBlizter is a necessary evil in order to be competitive. They don't bother me as much as many other fans. We will never be NYC corporate so I'm good, those poor bastards gotta come here to see the game not as small figures from the old blue section. It could be worse, get the defenders healthy and take what Fitz did and make it work!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad