Pierre Luc Dubois explains for his poor performance in L.A.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bland

Jul 1, 2004
i feel like getting 8.5x8 is a clear indication of what's expected of you but i'm just a pleb
It was a nightmare scenario as a Kings fan. We knew it was a terrible deal. We knew it was a terrible contract. We knew he was lazy and ineffectual at times.

But at the very least we thought he might try to impress at first. Dude cooled everybody he played with, didn't engage in traffic whatsoever.

I have been a fan since the mid-70s. You like to think you are rational and fair. Sure, we like to engage in hyperbole online and with our friends, but less than 2 weeks into the season I posted a "you know what, Dubois sucks" and meant it. It was the worst single performance I have ever seen. He just didn't care about anything. That famous Columbus shift clip was something we saw every night.

If you can see a fanbase almost unanimously cheer the acquisition of a faded 34 year old retread goalie with three years over $5 million left, that says more than any words can.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
It was a nightmare scenario as a Kings fan. We knew it was a terrible deal. We knew it was a terrible contract. We knew he was lazy and ineffectual at times.

But at the very least we thought he might try to impress at first. Dude cooled everybody he played with, didn't engage in traffic whatsoever.

I have been a fan since the mid-70s. You like to think you are rational and fair. Sure, we like to engage in hyperbole online and with our friends, but less than 2 weeks into the season I posted a "you know what, Dubois sucks" and meant it. It was the worst single performance I have ever seen. He just didn't care about anything. That famous Columbus shift clip was something we saw every night.

If you can see a fanbase almost unanimously cheer the acquisition of a faded 34 year old retread goalie with three years over $5 million left, that says more than any words can.
Oddly, I thought he worked extremely well with Kyle Connor. Put those two together, have Dubois play his bull-in-a-china-shop optimal playing style, and it worked out great. Then he wanted the bright lights of not-Winnipeg, seemingly at the downfall of his own career.

Reminds me a bit of Evander Kane. I thought Winnipeg had a really idea of how to use him to get the most out of him, but he just didn't want to play in Manitoba.:dunno:

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Oddly, I thought he worked extremely well with Kyle Connor. Put those two together, have Dubois play his bull-in-a-china-shop optimal playing style, and it worked out great. Then he wanted the bright lights of not-Winnipeg, seemingly at the downfall of his own career.

Reminds me a bit of Evander Kane. I thought Winnipeg had a really idea of how to use him to get the most out of him, but he just didn't want to play in Manitoba.:dunno:
Dubois just turned in an entire season completely opposite of “bull in a China shop”.

Dude simply plays hockey like he doesn’t give a single f***, and produces what he does based off deployment with raw athletic ability. It’s maddening. Guy by all accounts should be a Tiger, but he is a kitty cat.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
If given specific instructions he probably would’ve complained about them trying to “change my game” or “smother me with details.”

Guy’s full of excuses and just a born loser.
He’s the definition of having enough skill to get by, but doesn’t have the worth ethic. He never had to work for it, it came easy to him and he expected to always be easy. Now that he needs to put the work, he doesn’t have it.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Dubois when his teammates don't give him a tap-in every shift

1726199294583.png

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Work any kind of job from programming to accounting and you'll find most of your coworkers can't do anything without clear directions.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
You just know the Habs will be the final furlong of the crash and burn tour he has piloted.

Saying that I recall him showing a lot of leg to Montreal claiming he wanted to move there only to sign on in LA. Always wondered why that move to his boyhood team never happened.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The comment about not knowing what is expected is such a load of bull. You are expected to put up at least 60 pts like you had and be responsible in other areas of the ice. If things aren't working at the very least he knows about how many pts are expected based on past history new contract. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know something like that.

villacco

Dec 21, 2013
Villach
Pretty amazing, that a player who has all the tools (size, skating, strength) to become a fan favorite, if he gives a f***, can't get it done and questions everything.
Play hard, backcheck, hit hard, show efford. It is not rocket science.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad