Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

smogz

Oct 14, 2011
Good statistics overall

Even if +- is BS-statistics in this case Rundblad has pretty impressive statistics overall. So there are som BS-statistics, but all statistics cannot be BS or?

SW1W9qAiH6Kv-VsyFc1YnpP3GQf_qFJqYzRMj7mx6Y4=w618-h207-p-no

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Just because of one turnover doesn't mean he deserves to be benched the entire game.

The way Q utilizes young players really really irks me.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Rundblad doesn't play well in a physical game, from what I've seen. This was a physical game. If he was kept out there, it would have been more than just the one turnover. Chicago needs to make a move to shore up their D.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just because of one turnover doesn't mean he deserves to be benched the entire game.

The way Q utilizes young players really really irks me.

As he always does he gives up puck because he is afraid of being hit

Q and all of us have watched him do it countless times this year. If you play like that in West playoffs your team has no shot to win

Hawks gotta move on from this mistake and get a real dman with NHL talent and upside

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Even if +- is BS-statistics in this case Rundblad has pretty impressive statistics overall. So there are som BS-statistics, but all statistics cannot be BS or?

SW1W9qAiH6Kv-VsyFc1YnpP3GQf_qFJqYzRMj7mx6Y4=w618-h207-p-no

His points per 60 is strong, and he has the highest CF% on the team for regulars (players that have played over 30 games). Which makes sense, given his deployment.

Rundblad has played fine-to-great.

People need to stop taking Q's obstinate bull*** as far as punishing young players as evidence for the quality of their play.

Rundblad isn't going anywhere. He'll be a fixture of the Blackhawks top 6 next season given his friendly price.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
His points per 60 is strong, and he has the highest CF% on the team for regulars (players that have played over 30 games). Which makes sense, given his deployment.

Rundblad has played fine-to-great.

People need to stop taking Q's obstinate bull*** as far as punishing young players as evidence for the quality of their play.

Rundblad isn't going anywhere. He'll be a fixture of the Blackhawks top 6 next season given his friendly price.

Honestly. You crack me up with your stats after witnessing this guy get completely exposed once again when the game gets physical. He needs to man up, or he's out of the league. Is there a stat for that?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Honestly. You crack me up with your stats after witnessing this guy get completely exposed once again when the game gets physical. He needs to man up, or he's out of the league. Is there a stat for that?

My eye-test and your eye-test have led us to different conclusions.

That's the inherent limitation of the eye-test.

Only one of our conclusions is supported by anything quantifiable.

Nothingman*

Fine to great. Not sure about that but he has been serviceable. But there are many players that can fill that role to his competency level at the same price. He is a bit slow, fears contact and is unwilling or unable to make passes and plays under pressure. Yes, he has a decent shot. That is about it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Shutting down silly he-saw, she-saw eye-test arguments with actual data is always poetic. :nod:

When the data is concrete and above reproach, sure.

I think Rundblad has been pretty good and if Q wants to start cracking down on stupid turnovers Rozi would be playing 90 miles down 290.

If Q won't play Rundblad or Erixon, give him something else.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
When the data is concrete and above reproach, sure.

I think Rundblad has been pretty good and if Q wants to start cracking down on stupid turnovers Rozi would be playing 90 miles down 290.

If Q won't play Rundblad or Erixon, give him something else.

How many times can Stan afford to burn assets on guys with the hope that Q's ouija board of ice-time management doesn't tell him the guy's no good?

Stan didn't spend a 2nd on Rundblad for the hell of it. He saw what most people see. A ton of potential to mill from a guy that's already playing pretty solid hockey for a guy with as relatively little NHL ice-time as he has had.

Roszival makes that same **** up in the corner that Rundblad did (and he has, dozens of times so far this season), does he get benched for the game, even with the flukey ref skate bounce factored in?

Of course not.

Because Roszival offers Q a partner to discuss AARP benefits with, so he gets preferential status by virtue of 'veteran presence' or whatever garbage.

So yeah, I don't blame Stan if he doesn't rush out to spend assets on somebody that Q will find even the smallest rationalization not to play.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Come on bro, you're better than this.

Wanting a coach and GM that work together isn't that insane a request.

Stan needs to bring in players that fit with what Q is trying to coach. Erixon was universally viewed on this board as a player that doesn't mesh with Q the second the trade was announced.

Early results prove that notion true.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Not only did Dunbad get thumped and turn the puck over, the same guy beat him off the wall to the net and scored.

That's why he sat.

TeddyFay*

To get off the Runblad topic for a minute, I watched all but the first 10 minutes of the game. What I saw was a team that lacks confidence. Passes to no one, confusion on the defense on who should take the puck, just on more attempted on a 2 on 1. The overtime was a Chinese fire drill until the goal.:(

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
As he always does he gives up puck because he is afraid of being hit

Q and all of us have watched him do it countless times this year. If you play like that in West playoffs your team has no shot to win

Hawks gotta move on from this mistake and get a real dman with NHL talent and upside

GMAB! Doubling down on your vendetta against this kid is nuts.

Yes, he made a mistake. Compounded by the fact that the puck deflected off the ref's skate perfectly for the Jets. No one would have anticipated that.

We've see Keith, Seabrook and others make numerous turnovers that led directly to great scoring chances. Does Q bench them? Yeah, it was a weak turnover, but they scored because of the extremely (un)lucky bounce off the ref.

Runblad needs to get better defensively, particularly when there's contact involved. It's not gonna happen when Q benches him.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012

He's a number 6 defensemen. He's not supposed to be that good. If it wasn't shying away from contact it would be stone hands, if it wasn't stone hands it would be his positioning...

The guy makes a hair over league minimum, it's not going to get more than marginally better than that out there.

Anybody notice Rundbald's opposite, it was Pardy. Not only is he more expensive, he's much worse because he can't do anything that requires 3 strides or the puck.

It's a shock that the players under 600K are the ones easiest to exploit. The gripes about Rundblad are misplaced.

The blame and the griping (if people are so compelled) goes to Bowman for the roster, not Q or Rundblad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad