Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
It'll be interesting to see who plays with Hjalmarsson next year. It was looking like TVR, but I think Rundblad has a shot.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Nice read in here! And nice to see the patience Rundblad has been given at last. Posted about it in the beginning in the season here. He seems to have been given orders to shoot the puck more. That smile you see after his goal today means more than many think. Rundblad is the definition of a player who needs his "comfort zone". And maybe he doesn´t seem to be a good defensive player know, but if he gets his game together to "just" the level he had before crossing the pond he´s gonna get better at that as well. He was then a force over the whole ice, mostly because of his puck possesion, but he could really step up for great hits as well.

As Quenneville seems to be playing this card right here I´m certain Chicago have stumbled acrosse a real gem here. Rundblads last three seasons have been total chaos. In some important years development wise. Last season for example he dressed in only 18 games before the trade in march. Despite being healthy. That´s just crazy bad managing from Phoneix for developing a young talent.

Is Acouin much involved with developing the young D:s? Or is it Kitchen?

Even if I don´t follow the Hawks as I used to when I was fanatic about them in the Roenick/Belfour/Larmer/Chelios 90´s it´s still "my team", so glad Rundblad found his home here.

Good post. That smile was definitely missing in the early season, and he has come a long way in his play. I'm still concerned how he will handle the rough going though. Sometimes he looks like he's playing scared. Never a good thing.

Judrix

Teuvo is Kane's son
Feb 24, 2010
Chicago
Rundblad has become very good as the season has progressed. He has great puck skills, and his defense will only improve as he gets more experience. He is not a liability out there.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
So, just realized that Rundblad now leads the team with +15. And 10 points on the year with is third among D, only trailing Keith and seabs.

I might be crazy but I like to see him get more than his regular 12 minutes a game.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
So, just realized that Rundblad now leads the team with +15. And 10 points on the year with is third among D, only trailing Keith and seabs.

I might be crazy but I like to see him get more than his regular 12 minutes a game.

Just looked at the box score and he only played 10:50 in this one. Yet kept his point streak going.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I thought he had a good game but the complete trust is still not there from Q. Rosi on the other hand did not look good to me.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
As bad a 3rd pairing of Roz runblad is, JO and Roz is worse. Jo is -6 with 4 points. I know Q would have been upset trading JO instead of Leddy but JO has not been good at all this year. He might be better in the corners the RUN but he cannot makes good passes to clear the zone and seems out of postion allot, and has no OFF game what so ever. I know hammer is not good in the O zone but he is so good in Def end it makes up for it One goal last night he committed to going to the boards and did not get there and left the other d man by himself to cover 2 guys. GOAL.

I might be in the minority but remove ROZ and JO next year and add runblad, TVR, and 2 of Johns, Pokka, Palliotta, Celnding, klas. we actually might be better come palyoff time then we are with JO and Roz. IMO. I do not think they could be any worse. I actually think Roz has been better then JO.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
As bad a 3rd pairing of Roz runblad is, JO and Roz is worse. Jo is -6 with 4 points. I know Q would have been upset trading JO instead of Leddy but JO has not been good at all this year. He might be better in the corners the RUN but he cannot makes good passes to clear the zone and seems out of postion allot, and has no OFF game what so ever. I know hammer is not good in the O zone but he is so good in Def end it makes up for it One goal last night he committed to going to the boards and did not get there and left the other d man by himself to cover 2 guys. GOAL.

I might be in the minority but remove ROZ and JO next year and add runblad, TVR, and 2 of Johns, Pokka, Palliotta, Celnding, klas. we actually might be better come palyoff time then we are with JO and Roz. IMO. I do not think they could be any worse. I actually think Roz has been better then JO.

Rozival is definitely not on the team after this season.

Yeah, Oduya's slipped. He's virtually a lock to be elsewhere. Even if the cap is $74M, he gone.

JohnnyOduyasGirl27

Feb 24, 2013
Belle Vernon, PA

Umm ok tell me how Roz has been playing better then Oduya?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Umm ok tell me how Roz has been playing better then Oduya?

<Q obviously not directed at me> Rozy hasn't better than Oduya. But Oduya's game has slipped. He's had 2 VG seasons (in the context of a #4) and was a great pickup, but this is the end of the line for him with the Hawks. Hopefully, he can ratchet up his game and go out with a flourish.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Right now as things stand I have Runblad as #4 on the depth chart behind Hjammer, Keith and Seabrook.

He's been unnoticable on the backend and chipping in points--can't ask for more form a depth D-man.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Roz is a + 5 and has 5 points in 37 Games and JO is a -6 with 4 pts in 48 games. Roz was a + 7 before getting paired with JO. and the hawks are a + 2 in the last 3 games 9-7 even strength goals were both Roz and JO are a -2. I willing to call it a tie I guess. Maybe I had higher expectations for JO and he has not met them and lower EXP for ROZ and for the most part he has met them.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Right now as things stand I have Runblad as #4 on the depth chart behind Hjammer, Keith and Seabrook.

He's been unnoticable on the backend and chipping in points--can't ask for more form a depth D-man.

For what little it's worth, I agree.

Next season's roster very well may have TVR, Runblad, Johns & Pokka. Runblad has a legit shot @ #4 and point on a PP unit (God, I hope so).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Can't say I am surprised with Oduyas struggles this year.

His situation is similar to Versteegs last year, where he didn't have an opportunity in the off-season to train. I said at the beginning of the year that he might struggle, I didn't think it would be this bad though.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Rundblad plays protected minutes. So does TVR. Can't bet the farm on these guys until we see them reliably put in more dangerous on ice situations. This is not to say that they can't or won't succeed, but only that they haven't proven it yet.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
After re watching the game I noticed that Oduya is not skating as well has he has in the past. Do you think he may still be hurt? It is not an excuse for him but I just don't see how he has regressed so much so fast. While he "only" had a foot injury I can think of a few players who had issues like this derail their career.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
After re watching the game I noticed that Oduya is not skating as well has he has in the past. Do you think he may still be hurt? It is not an excuse for him but I just don't see how he has regressed so much so fast. While he "only" had a foot injury I can think of a few players who had issues like this derail their career.

Not sure if it's his foot causing the issue, or if it was lack of an off-season. No doubt in my mind he would be much more adequate if he had a full off-season of training, but that's how it goes sometimes.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Rundblad plays protected minutes. So does TVR. Can't bet the farm on these guys until we see them reliably put in more dangerous on ice situations. This is not to say that they can't or won't succeed, but only that they haven't proven it yet.

No doubt about it. But the progression is good and there's reason for encouragement. But proven? No.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

In Runblad's case--especially with him paired frequently with Keith, we might as well start putting him in tougher situations and stress-test him before the playoffs.

Ditto with TVR/Hammer when TVR gets back. After all, Q's going to Q and he's going to run the lines through a blender anyway.

With the way they've been playing, the uncertainty with Runblad/TVR at this point is better that what Oduya/Rosival have proven, recently.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I thought the consensus is that TvR is most likely finishing the year in Rockford. Isn't he not due back until mid March?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad