Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nothingman*

Once people start blaming Q for all of Rundblad's troubles and saying how he will succeed away from Q is the moment we start to get into Stalberg level here

Last I recall Q is coaching a contending team in NHL while Stalberg is playing in AHL

I don't think that will happen. People always wonder why Q has more trust in some than others and sticks with them no matter what while others make one mistake they are benched.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
And nobody is blaming Q for Rundblad's struggles. He's up and down but he has zero rope and when he's playing well he still doesn't see the ice in favor of lesser players.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
And nobody is blaming Q for Rundblad's struggles. He's up and down but he has zero rope and when he's playing well he still doesn't see the ice in favor of lesser players.

This.

Rundblad's strengths and weaknesses as a player are independent of Q's obstinate favouritism towards certain players.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

If he had "zero rope" he would have been waived by now. That's how bad he was to begin the season.

Like TT, I think Rundblad did okay last night against the physical Blues... and it was a nice play to set up Bick's goal. He just needs to show those balls, cause you know ops are going to be taking runs at him. They watch the films.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
If he had "zero rope" he would have been waived by now. That's how bad he was to begin the season.

Like TT, I think Rundblad did okay last night against the physical Blues... and it was a nice play to set up Bick's goal. He just needs to show those balls, cause you know ops are going to be taking runs at him. They watch the films.

Q doesn't get to waive players

STC

Oct 29, 2012
ok, I've seen just about enough of this bum. He costs the team at least 1 goal per game it seems. Last night the 4th goal was 100% his fault. Snuck in from the point, got a great pass from Kane and fired a shot from 10 feet away wide which of course turned into a breakout pass for the Nucks. That meant he was caught deep in the zone and couldn't get back to stop his man from having a breakaway.

Every game he struggles to win the puck in the corner and break it out. He's killing us along with the other two bums back there (Rozy and Oduya).

TVR can't get back here soon enough!

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
1 goal per game eh? Not even close. Oduya and Rosi yes but not Rundblad.

How much money has this guy cost himself this coming off-season? He would have probably gotten a pretty decent contract after last year. He's been nothing short of terrible this year.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I think Runblad is playing great, needs to work on his defense a bit more but he is great in the O zone, I dont know how anyone can complain about him right now. He is definitely playing better than Roszival and Oduya. When TVR comes back its Rozy who is sitting.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
I think Runblad is playing great, needs to work on his defense a bit more but he is great in the O zone, I dont know how anyone can complain about him right now. He is definitely playing better than Roszival and Oduya. When TVR comes back its Rozy who is sitting.

This team's coach is Joel Quenneville. Rozsival should see nothing but the press box once van Riemsdyk is back, but I think we all know that's not going to happen.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
ok, I've seen just about enough of this bum. He costs the team at least 1 goal per game it seems. Last night the 4th goal was 100% his fault. Snuck in from the point, got a great pass from Kane and fired a shot from 10 feet away wide which of course turned into a breakout pass for the Nucks. That meant he was caught deep in the zone and couldn't get back to stop his man from having a breakaway.

Every game he struggles to win the puck in the corner and break it out. He's killing us along with the other two bums back there (Rozy and Oduya).

TVR can't get back here soon enough!

And thats why he is a team leading +16? Yes, that play on the fourth goal was unlucky and he should have hit the net, but those things happen.

Rozy will never sit as long as Q is coaching. Rundy is going to join Erixon in the press box most likely (if TVR reaches the level he had pre injury)

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
It blows my mind that Rozsival is playing as much as he is this year when you have a guy like Erixon sitting in the press box who is more than capable of filling in on the bottom pairing. So far, Rozy has played 44 of the 55 games this year while he played 42 of 82 last year. This is obviously a big reason for his decline in play. Hopefully once TvR gets back Rozsival can get some rest down the stretch so he isn't totally gassed for the playoffs.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This is not just a Q thing. It is a hockey thing. Respect for the vet happens at all pro levels. Babcock/Suter do it as well.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
This is not just a Q thing. It is a hockey thing. Respect for the vet happens at all pro levels. Babcock/Suter do it as well.

Yes. Rozy should play. And he still is a decent 5/6 D. But he should not play that frequently. He plays his best hockey when he is rested, and by playing ALL the games there is no chance that he is rested between games.

In respect of Rozy and his ability he should play less.
In respect of the team and whats best for it he should play less.

Hell, we have Erixon just sitting rotting in the press box.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It blows my mind that Rozsival is playing as much as he is this year when you have a guy like Erixon sitting in the press box who is more than capable of filling in on the bottom pairing. So far, Rozy has played 44 of the 55 games this year while he played 42 of 82 last year. This is obviously a big reason for his decline in play. Hopefully once TvR gets back Rozsival can get some rest down the stretch so he isn't totally gassed for the playoffs.

Erixon is not capable of anything ,, Thus why he is sitting in press box and Jackets dumped him

He should be waived while Rundblad should be traded or waived as well (Though we know Stan wont do that ,, He loves this bum)

Reality is Rozy is 6th best dman on team. Wastes of roster spots like Erixon and Rundblad are not improvements and in end neither should play a second of playoff hockey

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Erixon is not capable of anything ,, Thus why he is sitting in press box and Jackets dumped him

He should be waived while Rundblad should be traded or waived as well (Though we know Stan wont do that ,, He loves this bum)

Reality is Rozy is 6th best dman on team. Wastes of roster spots like Erixon and Rundblad are not improvements and in end neither should play a second of playoff hockey

Rundblad is certainly inconsistent but he has some positives. Rozi brings nothing but bad at this point. I had to listen to reasons why Handzus saw the ice last year and it's the same with Rozi now.

Guy's finished. He actively hurts us every game. There's zero reason he should be playing.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Rozsival is an anchor on this team.

I don't blame him so much as I blame Q for allowing his senile favoritism to dictate ice time ahead of measurable performance.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I agree with everything other than the Rundblad part because honestly he has been pretty damn good. Rundblad has faults but he for sure has more positives and is a solid #5 dman with offensive upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad