Rundblad

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It’s obvious what Rundblad's skills are and why Stan likes him. Big shot, good passer. Rundblad's problem is that, like Oduya, Hammer and Leddy in 2012, is that he does not react well under pressure at all. Whether you consider it panic, or a lack of confidence, cutting down on his time makes it very difficult for him to use that great passing ability.

Part of his problem, and the reason why - unlike Hammer, Leddy or Oduya - he's probably going to top out at a #5 position, is that he doesn't have the wheels to compensate. Those guys learned to take a breath and use their feet if their their forwards weren't being responsible and affording them a good passing option. Rundblad, while certainly faster than the corpse we call Roszival, doesn't have the wheels to escape that pressure. So his two options are pass or off the glass and out. Once he gets into the offensive zone, he's pretty damn good.

Giving him consistent decent ice-time and ensuring he knows he's not getting stapled to the bench for making the kind of miscue that every other d-man on team makes here or there without penalty would be a good way to help him settle the **** down, take a breath, and make the smart play. But of course, as he's not a member of the AARP or one of Q's chosen 'boys', that's probably not going to happen.

By comparison, Roszival brings essentially nothing but size. He botches 9 out of 10 zone exits, he's too slow to keep up with even the slowest forwards in the NHL, he's constantly getting turned around and beaten out of corners by his man, and he takes a lot of hooking and holding penalties as a result of his inability to keep up. His brain is still there, which is why once in a blue moon, he'll make a great play that gives his devoted band of loyalists enough fuel to feed their delusions of his worth, but sum total, he is an anchor on this team and should not be getting anywhere near the minutes he is.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Rundblad is certainly inconsistent but he has some positives. Rozi brings nothing but bad at this point. I had to listen to reasons why Handzus saw the ice last year and it's the same with Rozi now.

Guy's finished. He actively hurts us every game. There's zero reason he should be playing.

I don't know how anyone can watch this team and try to argue that rozsival isn't clearly the worst dman who sees the ice. Rundblah is far from ideal, but rozsival is truly brutal.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Rozsival is an anchor on this team.

I don't blame him so much as I blame Q for allowing his senile favoritism to dictate ice time ahead of measurable performance.

The GM needs to stop giving Q the option of playing broken down players. He's shown repeatedly that he can't be trusted with them.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
The GM needs to stop giving Q the option of playing broken down players. He's shown repeatedly that he can't be trusted with them.

I was thinking the same, but then Q would just overplay the other guys that he likes and that doesn't end well either.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Rozi hasn't been as bad as some say.

I agree. Despite what some have said, Rozsival's play is not solely responsible for the eventual extinction of the human race. It's just mostly responsible for the eventual extinction of the human race.

No need for hyperbole, folks.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I would be really happy if Roszival had a few games off. I still think he can play to his cap hit in big games, but he sure hasn't looked like it lately. I can't imagine there would be too many takers for that cap hit right now.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I would be really happy if Roszival had a few games off. I still think he can play to his cap hit in big games, but he sure hasn't looked like it lately. I can't imagine there would be too many takers for that cap hit right now.

Yep. Can't understand why Q feels the need to play him virtually every game. 20+ odd games in a row. WTF?

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Rozi was solid 20-25 games ago. He is noticeably slower now and playing much less well now than earlier as his body seemingly cannot take the amount of ice time he is getting. Those who contend that Rozi was fine (am am one of them) were correct early in the season. But now, Rozi is not fine. he has been over played and his drop off is very noticeable.

In fact, I would love to see a three way race between Rozi (now), Hanzus from last season and most of our grandmothers. I'd take most of our grandmothers in that race.

Rozi needs rest. He is a horse too often ridden and is really compromised at the moment.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Yep. Can't understand why Q feels the need to play him virtually every game. 20+ odd games in a row. WTF?

Rozi looked old a few times in the shortened season when he sat for a third of the games. Signing him to a two year deal was a huge mistake.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014

agreed. Is Erickson that bad? Is there no one in Rockford that can help and play better than a hobbled warhorse like Rozi? We need to appreciate Rozi for he is a warhorse... but he has no legs now. None. Surely someone can take his place for the next month. Right?

I do not think we can ask more of Rozi at this time. Someone has to step in at this point. playing the 1st two pairings to death is not the answer. We need someone to step in. Cuminsky?

STC

Oct 29, 2012
I don't know how anyone can watch this team and try to argue that rozsival isn't clearly the worst dman who sees the ice. Rundblah is far from ideal, but rozsival is truly brutal.

I think its like trying to choose between a plate of dog poo and a bowl of dog poo.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Rozi would be fine if we had a capable #4 and #5 right now.

Q is playing Rozi as a 5 and, FWIW, I disagree w/your assertion. He has not been good (not saying absolutely brutal, just not good) and Q is giving him way too many games. For what? Does he need more experience? WTF?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Q is playing Rozi as a 5 and, FWIW, I disagree w/your assertion. He has not been good (not saying absolutely brutal, just not good) and Q is giving him way too many games. For what? Does he need more experience? WTF?

I know Rozi says he prefers to play every game opposed to how he had been the last 2 years of getting off 1/3 games or so. But it comes to a point when you have to realize that it doesn't work for both of them.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

If he were playing as a 6/7 he wouldn't be relied on as much and his game would be better, even if it's still just an average 6/7. He is playing too much because our other 4/5/6 Dmen are terrible too.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If he were playing as a 6/7 he wouldn't be relied on as much and his game would be better, even if it's still just an average 6/7. He is playing too much because our other 4/5/6 Dmen are terrible too.

Exactly. I don't know what's going on with Hammer lately. It looks like the poor play has rubbed off on him as he has been a turnover machine lately.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Pretty sure Rungbad's first 4 touches tonight resulted in turnovers. It didn't get much better from there.

He is beyond awful.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Pretty sure Rungbad's first 4 touches tonight resulted in turnovers. It didn't get much better from there.

He is beyond awful.

I suggest you rewatch the game, or at least watch it. Because you must have watched some other game last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad