Speculation: Rumours, Speculation, and all Armchair-GM-ing needs! v.11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I'd like our chances of resigning Hudler then a Okposo personally, not to mention we know how Hudler will work with our guys. This draft could be the last piece we need to set us up for the foreseeable future and I don't think taking a one year contract and the price of a piece is the way to go.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'm glad you're not the GM.

Horrible trade for a rebuilding team.

Well, there was two parts to his proposal.

1. 15th
2. Hudler

If the Isles accepted Hudler for Okposo that's a clear win for a rebuilding team.

Hulder : 31 - 5'10 186lbs LHS
Okposo : 27 - 6'0 217lbs RHS

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
15th overall for what could end up being just one year of Okposo? Yeah, easy pass. That's a win now move and Treliving doesn't touch that.

If the rumours are true and Okposo actually wants 7M per on a longterm deal, I don't see the fit.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I'm not even entirely sure Okposa is much of an upgrade on Hudler. Similar production, bigger and younger than Hudler so I guess it's a win. Hudler's one of the best kept secrets and underrated players in the NHL. He might have been the most important key to our success last year. Don't think Gaudreau or Mony would have had nearly the season without him.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I'm not even entirely sure Okposa is much of an upgrade on Hudler. Similar production, bigger and younger than Hudler so I guess it's a win. Hudler's one of the best kept secrets and underrated players in the NHL. He might have been the most important key to our success last year. Don't think Gaudreau or Mony would have had nearly the season without him.

I don't know about Okposa, but Okposo? Sure. They are different levels.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Hudler is a very good player, but do you honestly believe it is a coincidence that Hudler shatters his career highs the moment the my dynamic and creative player the Flames have seen since Iginla arrived and the best centerman we've had since Nieuwendyk?

Hudler's success is as much attributed to the kids as their's is to him.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Going relatively conservative here:

Hiller to Sabres for NYI 2nd (51, we draft 51,52 & 53 then)
Resign Ramo
Raymond to Florida for 2015 5th
Reinhart, 2015 3rd to TB for Carle (salary dump for TB)
Byron, Bollig to Caps for Brouwer

Ramo/Ortio

Giordano/Brodie
Carle/Wideman
Russell/Engelland
Wotherspoon/Smid/Nakladal

Gaudreau/Monohan/Brouwer
Bennett/Backlund/Hudler
Bouma/Colborne/Jones
Ferland/Stajan/Jooris
Granlund/Shore/Agostino/Wolf/Poirier

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia

Resign Ramo
Raymond to Florida for 2015 5th
Reinhart, 2015 3rd to TB for Carle (salary dump for TB)
Byron, Bollig to Caps for Brouwer

Ramo/Ortio

Giordano/Brodie
Carle/Wideman
Russell/Engelland
Wotherspoon/Smid/Nakladal

Gaudreau/Monohan/Brouwer
Bennett/Backlund/Hudler
Bouma/Colborne/Jones
Ferland/Stajan/Jooris
Granlund/Shore/Agostino/Wolf/Poirier

Uhhh

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

Hiller to Buffalo is an interesting idea, although I think they'd be sending a lesser goaltending prospect back; perhaps Nathan Lieuwen. Maybe expand it further to include Max Reinhart and a Sabres defensive prosect?

to Sabres:
- Jonas Hiller
- Max Reinhart
to Flames:
- 51st OA pick
- Nathan Lieuwen
- Anthony Florentino

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hiller to Buffalo is an interesting idea, although I think they'd be sending a lesser goaltending prospect back; perhaps Nathan Lieuwen. Maybe expand it further to include Max Reinhart and a Sabres defensive prosect?

to Sabres:
- Jonas Hiller
- Max Reinhart
to Flames:
- 51st OA pick
- Nathan Lieuwen
- Anthony Florentino

M. Reinhart for Pysyk would be something I would like to see.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

to Sabres:
- Jonas Hiller
- Max Reinhart
to Flames:
- 51st OA pick
- Nathan Lieuwen
- Anthony Florentino

I really doubt they move Florentino, kid was solid for Providence last year. Looked like a future NHLer to me.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Hudler is a very good player, but do you honestly believe it is a coincidence that Hudler shatters his career highs the moment the my dynamic and creative player the Flames have seen since Iginla arrived and the best centerman we've had since Nieuwendyk?

Hudler's success is as much attributed to the kids as their's is to him.

I guess it's the same kind of situation from middle 6 to top line winger....just add JT.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
The Okposo thing is interesting. I would definitely trade the 15th overall for him straight up. I think Hudler for Okposo straight up is wishful thinking. The contract thing is the risky part but I would rather overpay a bit to keep him here then extend Hudler after next season.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
The Okposo thing is interesting. I would definitely trade the 15th overall for him straight up. I think Hudler for Okposo straight up is wishful thinking. The contract thing is the risky part but I would rather overpay a bit to keep him here then extend Hudler after next season.

I for one would be choked if we traded our 1st for Kyle Okposo. We're far from win now and I feel as though there's about a half a dozen players, with the potential to be as good or better than Okaposo

May 27, 2012
Earth
I for one would be choked if we traded our 1st for Kyle Okposo. We're far from win now and I feel as though there's about a half a dozen players, with the potential to be as good or better than Okaposo

That's wishful thinking. 9/10 I would choose the guy who is already proven than some guy with potential.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary

Okposo just turned 27 and entering his prime , its not like he is a 30 year old veteran. Potential isn't proven talent. I would really like to know the half dozen guys you think are going to be 60pt players in our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad