Rumor: Rumours and Proposals PART6 for 2016/2017-Complaint window 1 is now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
It's going to be really annoying when both Versteeg and Parenteau outscore Puljujarvi this year
If some veteran offensive wingers put up more points than Puljujarvi as a rookie that isn't a big deal at all, if we stunt the development of yet another promising young talent rushing them too quickly to the show and not putting them in the ideal environment to draw the most out of them that is a huge deal. If we toss away the development rules that we set out in the first year of the Chia era at the start of the 2nd year beginning that also shows poorly on the organization and the management groups ability to follow through with making the kind of culture they stated they wanted to create in the organization. If you want to build a strong team culture and identity there has be some strong ground rules and a bedrock built through management out that isn't prone to changing based on some whim or fancy.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Giordano isn't even their best d-man. There is no doubting that Gioradano and Brodie are a significant step above anyone on the Oilers.

Klefbom/Larsson/Sekera are about on par with what Hamilton is now (although none of them offer the same level of offense which this team will be in desperate need of from the backend).
This is grossly incorrect.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Wideman and Engelland have no chance against Mcdavid. Horrible idea splitting Gio and Brodie up.

Playing those two on the top two pairs is a recipe for disaster.

Wideman's version of defense often resembles a pylon.

Engelland? I wouldn't call him a pylon because that is an insult to the pylon, which is actually more useful than Engelland.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Playing those two on the top two pairs is a recipe for disaster.

Wideman's version of defense often resembles a pylon.

Engelland? I wouldn't call him a pylon because that is an insult to the pylon, which is actually more useful than Engelland.

this is how i feel, without the insults.

true? yes

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
We're in zero position to talk **** about the Flames defensemen. There are three defensemen on their roster that are better than our best dman.

The Flames D is overrated garbage.

There, I said it...as an Oilers fan. You know why? Because I can. I did not put together the Oilers roster. We as Oiler fans are not prohibited on commenting on the errors of other rosters, just because ours is subpar.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
The Flames D is overrated garbage.

There, I said it...as an Oilers fan. You know why? Because I can. I did not put together the Oilers roster. We as Oiler fans are not prohibited on commenting on the errors of other rosters, just because ours is subpar.

If Calgarys complete roster is Par...we arent Sub anything

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
What if Versteeg scores the game winner? :naughty:

We'll to that point our division rival just signed a guy who knows what the oilers are trying to accomplish 5 ON 5, PP, and PK. Also signed a guy who's been shooting on our starting goaltender for the last 4 weeks and knows his weaknesses.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
haha, very true. I figure it's not out of date until the season starts. I'll make something for tomorrow

tumblr_lkwlbxPN8Q1qgj47l.jpg

how about that one

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
1. Brodie
2. Giordano
3. Klefbom
4. Larsson
5. Hamilton
6. Sekera