Rumor: Rumours and Proposals PART6 for 2016/2017-Complaint window 1 is now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
So who plays in your top 9 at that point (bearing in mind that you're already playing one guy at RW who doesn't belong there)? If PJ falters and Chia picks up a experienced vet to fill the spot, fine. But there's no indication they can do it adequately from the current depth chart and there's no points for trying either.

We already know they are attempting to trade Fayne with retention for an RW.

They offered a contract to Versteeg, he chose another team.

It's not like they are solely resting their hopes on JP.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
We'll we better fricking move up the standings after trading two of our 1st overalls. If this management team can't improve the team doing that, then they don't deserve to be in the league.

Did you just compare Hall to Yak and basically insinuate they have similar value? :amazed:

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
It's going to be really annoying when both Versteeg and Parenteau outscore Puljujarvi this year

"Our RW depth is fine!"

07-minister.jpg

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If you don't look long term and look at only this season the only team that were better then is Calgary. And now Draisaitl is a RW. I thought we took him to finally be the big center we've been missing since Arnott. Nope can't have that he needs to play the wing.

McLellan likes centres that can also play the wing. He did say that Drai would switch between 3C and 2RW depending on the situation. In a few years when Pullju is ready for top 6 time, I expect to see Drai solely play centre.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Iraqi_Information_Minister.jpg

But seriously our opening day roster is really disappointing considering the depth players that were available for free over the past couple days.

Really? Players over waivers? Players that were not good enough to make their own teams were going to come into Edmonton and make a huge difference? Just spitballing, if a player is worth keeping, why are they placed on waivers? How many of these players cleared (i.e, no one wanted them)?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
But seriously our opening day roster is really disappointing considering the depth players that were available for free over the past couple days.

From all accounts PAP has lost a step since last season and considering he wasn't that good to begin with...

Versteeg looked fine but I'm really not too worried about missing on him. There'll be plenty of guys available down the stretch that we can use the extra contract spot on.

I can't say I'm completely on board with the Gryba re-signing though.

North

Jun 25, 2009
From all accounts PAP has lost a step since last season and considering he wasn't that good to begin with...

Versteeg looked fine but I'm really not too worried about missing on him. There'll be plenty of guys available down the stretch that we can use the extra contract spot on.

I can't say I'm completely on board with the Gryba re-signing though.

I'm fine with Gryba as number 7 if they can get rid of Fayne.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Who would've believed the handling of Kris Versteeg would make this board turn on each other? Lol

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'm not sure if you need to send :] down.

He was noticeably good in the rookie games....yes he will struggle to do what he did against nhl competition but I think some of it is nerves too.

If we had a competent PP it would be a no brainer to keep him up. For me at least.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
We don't have Versteeg, PA Parenteau or Pulkkinen, what's the point in even watching now?

I know, right. Seems like the whole world is crashing down upon me. I don't think I can step back from LaLeggia, I'm gonna jump!:sarcasm:

Never mind the fact that any of those guys have not been used to kill penalties in the NHL the last number of years. Pitlick brings more of what the Oilers need in the bottom 6 than them. He hits every chance he gets and can PK.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Really? Players over waivers? Players that were not good enough to make their own teams were going to come into Edmonton and make a huge difference? Just spitballing, if a player is worth keeping, why are they placed on waivers? How many of these players cleared (i.e, no one wanted them)?

Having players like Versteeg or Parenteau are important because they add depth and give us options for when players underperform or get hurt. Right now, Puljujarvi is going to be playing in the NHL and we don't really have any player that can replace him if he underperforms. Anyone who watched his preseason performance should see the cause for concern. It's the same mistake we made with Draisaitl two years ago. He clearly struggled but we were forced to play him for four months until we found a decent replacement (Roy). By claiming Parenteau or signing Versteeg we would have pre-emptively nixed that issue.

Do we have one player in the organization outside of our top 9 that we can feel comfortable plugging into the top 9 for significant stretches of time if injuries occur or Caggiula/Puljujarvi underperform? Our depth sucks.

I also wouldn't assume that a player can't help us just because they are on waivers. Tons of players (including Parenteau) get claimed by teams that are consistently better than us.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Flames new coach is starting off the season with:

Giordano-Wideman
Engelland-Brodie
Jokipakka-Hamilton

Expect a 5pt night for Mcdavid, LOL wow the Gulutzan has made some real head scratching moves so far. Hopefully he is stubborn and leaves that line up for the first two games.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Flames new coach is starting off the season with:

Giordano-Wideman
Engelland-Brodie
Jokipakka-Hamilton

Expect a 5pt night for Mcdavid, LOL wow the Gulutzan has made some real head scratching moves so far. Hopefully he is stubborn and leaves that line up for the first two games.

Wideman first pairing? Well then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad