Rumor: Rumours and Proposals PART6 for 2016/2017-Complaint window 1 is now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If Puljujarvi, Larsson, or Russell score the game winner tomorrow this board will explode.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Man I can't believe this team isn't a playoff team after finishing in the basement for years!

It's like people have ignored how bad this team was and expect immediate results. :laugh:

No, it's like people have forgotten that the same stupid decisions that were happening under Lowe/MacT/Tambo are still happening under Chia/MacLellan. And they're expecting something different. :cry:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Goaltending fixed, defense fixed. Forwards fixed. Man I can't wait for the playoffs. This team will be a shoe in! And to be fair, I don't care what he eats down there. He MacT and Lowe can order pizza Ninja Turtles style.

That's the spirit! :cheer:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No, it's like people have forgotten that the same stupid decisions that were happening under Lowe/MacT/Tambo are still happening under Chia/MacLellan. And they're expecting something different. :cry:

You've already written the season off before it's begun. The Taylor Hall trade is NOT something the previous GMs would've done.

The defense, goaltending, and forwards are better compared to last year's lineup. It's really quite that simple.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Then Yak would still be here.

MacT and Eakins didn't like Yak and didn't want him here. Let's remember that CrapT still has a position in management and works closely with Chia. You guys are so blind to the truth of what actually happens with this POS club. My bet Oilers finish with another top 10 pick this year.

Puljujarvi should have been heads and tails above all the other players to win a spot on the team. From what I seen he had nothing more then an average camp, and didn't have to compete for a spot. Just giving people spots adds to the loser mentality that has infected the Oilers.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Look at the RW depth other teams in the Pacific division have.

Arizona- Doan, Reider, Vrbata, Richardson

Anaheim- Perry, Silfverberg, Sorenson, Boll

Calgary- Brouwer, Frolik, Versteeg, Chiasson

LA- Gaborik, Toffoli, Brown, Purcell

Vancouver- Eriksson, Hansen, Virtanen, Dorsett

Is Eberle, Draisaitl, Puljujarvi, Kassian the end of the world some are making it out to be? I prefer that group over most of the others listed.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
That's the spirit! :cheer:

2014%2F06%2F05%2F2d%2FTMNTPizza.7f73b.jpg

God damn I wish I had some photoshop skills to crop in Chia/Lowe/MacT/Katz :D

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Interesting - he's already ruined, a grand total of zero games into his NHL career.

We'll given the amount of prospects the Oilers have successfully developed since Lowe took over I'd take a bet that yes he's ruined. As soon as you become an Oiler your bound to lose. Those morons and the ones in charge right now are running this franchise into the ground.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We'll given the amount of prospects the Oilers have successfully developed since Lowe took over I'd take a bet that yes he's ruined. As soon as you become an Oiler your bound to lose. Those morons and the ones in charge right now are running this franchise into the ground.

Eberle Hall and RNH are all AHLers

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
MacT and Eakins didn't like Yak and didn't want him here. Let's remember that CrapT still has a position in management and works closely with Chia. You guys are so blind to the truth of what actually happens with this POS club. My bet Oilers finish with another top 10 pick this year.

Puljujarvi should have been heads and tails above all the other players to win a spot on the team. From what I seen he had nothing more then an average camp, and didn't have to compete for a spot. Just giving people spots adds to the loser mentality that has infected the Oilers.

Considering where we were last year that's quite the jump in the standings.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
2014%2F06%2F05%2F2d%2FTMNTPizza.7f73b.jpg

God damn I wish I had some photoshop skills to crop in Chia/Lowe/MacT/Katz :D

If you've never eaten pizza in a sewer, you've never lived before.

Well if our prospects are doomed to fail, then it doesn't matter where they play I guess.

North

Jun 25, 2009

You realize they have 9 games to evaluate Puljujarvi right?

If it turns out he's not ready, they'll send him down.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

It's incomprehensible to me how some of you always seem to dwell on the same things and never let some things go.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Small sample size doesn't equal proven. Ask all the Yakupov haters about it.

To be fair there's not a lot to suggest that Draisaitl is proven as a center either. One season with Hall giving him a push and as soon as Hall cooled so did Drai. Wing is an easier position than center so using him on the right shouldnt be a issue I'm more concerned on what it leaves for our 3rd line. Caggiula at center is definitely an area where I'd be concerned about lack of experience but maybe it ends up with Letestu on 3 and Drake on 4 with very limited ice time.

There are issues with depth up front, our right side on the blueline and in net. Hopefully we have players step up and solve some of these issues with what we have or else Chia will have to pull off some magic to keep us in a fight for a playoff spot.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I require evidence...hope isnt enough.
Sadly there is precious little evidence to support that Draisaitl is a proven RW or that Puljujarvi and Caggiula are NHL players at this point in time.

As for Slepyshev...I like the player but he has not shown that he is an NHL player yet either.

At some point in time the Oilers need to stop using the NHL as a development League.

Almost every NHL team enters the season with hope for certain players filling roles. No team exists in its final state right now and that is the reason transaction occur throughout the season. Heck, the Blackhawks are relying on 6 rookies opening night.

Unlike Hall, RNH, Yakupov, and Draisaitl rookie seasons, the Oilers are not relying on Caggiula or Puljujarvi to fill a top-6 role and face difficult match-ups. That represents progress for this team; as slow as it may be to recover from the dark ages of the Lowe/MacT/Eakins regime.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Eberle was developed by Regina not the Oilers. Hall and RNH have both failed to meet expectations as #1 overalls. Have you ever wondered why the Oilers had the two worst 1st overall picks in over a decade back to back? You think it's just a coincidence? Or is it the fact that they can't develop players or scout them?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

So is Petry, but apparently, when players become NHLers it's because of their junior/college teams, but when they don't, it's the Oilers' fault. In neither situation is it ever because of the player either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad