Rumor: Rumours and Proposals PART6 for 2016/2017-Complaint window 1 is now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I hope Versteeg gets crushed on Wednesday. We give him an opportunity and he signs with our main rival? Low blow bro lol

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Does anyone else envision us having trouble getting secondary scoring?

Honestly it's one of the areas I'm not as concerned about. If Fayne is truly the #7, than all 6 d-men can pass the puck. There's no Pardy-Gryba pairing where you won't get offence from.

Also the last several season this team's bottom 6 was undersized and/ average skaters. So no talent advantage, no size advantage, and no speed advantage... Smarts to play it safe are nice, but you're not going to be winning any puck battles and creating scoring opportunities with that set up.

Maroon or Pouliot will be in the bottom 6.
Kassian we know is a mountain.
Pitlick, Hendricks, and Pakman also have the size to battle.
Caggiula has the speed and quickness to win races.
It's really only Lander and Letestu that are the plugs for lack of a better term. and even they are willing to go to the net to get rebounds. Just getting the puck to the net was the challenge for them.

The top 6 is going to get the lion's share of the offensive opportunities, it's this group's job to grind out goals, and not be liabilities on the ice. They're in a position where they can do that.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
So to summarize:

We are moving a natural center to RW, playing a rookie who's not a center as third line center, while passing up two legitimate NHL RW talents?

Now this isn't the end of the world, but we need better asset management.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I hope Versteeg gets crushed on Wednesday. We give him an opportunity and he signs with our main rival? Low blow bro lol

Chia just said that they had a price point in mind and wouldn't go beyond that, he signed for a grand total of 950k

if the Oilers had really wanted him, they could have had him.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Chia
-Wingers are for more abundant that C or D, with Versteeg out we have to bite the bullet and play our own guys, if it doesn't work out he can find a winger

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Chia just said that they had a price point in mind and wouldn't go beyond that, he signed for a grand total of 950k

I think potentially playing on the first line in Calgary vs 3rd line in Edmonton had as much to do with it.

He's trying to set himself up for another nice contract next year and playing next to Gaudreau will help that.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
I wonder if this means that Tkachuk is definitely going down before game 10?

Tkachuk plays LW.

C'mon, you know our luck. More likely he gets a hat trick tomorrow.

Chia
-Russel is second in the league in clean entries into the O zone

What kind of stat is that? Sounds like made up analytics. All I know is when Russell is on the ice you give up more shots than you produce.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Or he said screw it I'm going to play on a better team in Calgary.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I think potentially playing on the first line in Calgary vs 3rd line in Edmonton had as much to do with it.

He's trying to set himself up for another nice contract next year and playing next to Gaudreau will help that.

Hopefully tomorrow we can easily defend a first line which has yet to practice together.... hopefully

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Welp, Oilers caught holding their dicks on this one. Should have locked him in earlier before he could decide to be a conniving *****.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
He could only wish to be as astute a general manager as you.

easier still to be a yes man.

Yes, the waiver all-stars of Parenteau and... well, there wasn't a D there who was easy to fit in from a contract standpoint, but that player.... would have surely buoyed this team into the playoffs.

It is amusing watching you move the goalposts. In the last thread PJ starting was NBD because he was just a fill in till Versteeg came back...only now the stop gap suddenly looks a lot more permanent. Faced with that, rather than admit that gee, maybe some back up depth wouldn't be a bad idea so as not to start what is a fairly important campaign with a bunch of rookies and guys playing out of position, you bust out the strawman about the playoffs. Quite sad actually.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
So to summarize:

We are moving a natural center to RW, playing a rookie who's not a center as third line center, while passing up two legitimate NHL RW talents?

Now this isn't the end of the world, but we need better asset management.
Bingo. Although this is a reflection of the coach, not the GM. It amazes me how McLellan gets a free pass while Chia takes all the grief.
Welp, Oilers caught holding their dicks on this one. Should have locked him in earlier before he could decide to be a conniving *****.

You don't know when the contract was offered to Versteeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad