Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I have to wonder if Oilers are actually interested in moving Puljujarvi. Not that we'd have a spot for him, but it would be interesting.
Don't want him , even for a steal . He's been ruined by that incompetent organisation know as the Oilers .:laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'll just toss this grenade in here:

Laine for Stone and Chabot.

Chabot has 44 points in 50 game and is top pairing already and the future #1 of the Ottawa D core. I doubt they move him 1 for 1 in that deal.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
I guess every game played by Stone is a risk of injury, and now Dorion may not have time to evaluate every suitor. He may have painted himself into a corner taking all his staff to Winnipeg for 3 days.

Or Chevy met the asking price. Conjecture can go both ways.

Reactions: Jets 31

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I'll just toss this grenade in here:

Laine for Stone and Chabot.
If Stone is extended, that is one hell of a deal for us. Heck, you could talk me into that without the contract in place.

And that being said, Dorion might have a more difficult time accepting that.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Why do people bring up trading Laine ? That's not gonna happen , if Laine was scoring like he was in November , no one would even bring his name up . The guy is still ONLY 20 YEARS OLD and has scored over 100 goals in the league already . I don't know maybe people think these kinds of goal scorers come around all the time and we don't need him , we'll just get another one . :help:

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
There is rumours we want all three , Stone , Dingle and Duchene . And yes if we get Dzingel he will always be called Dingle by me . :laugh:

I heard Dzingel was basically the backup plan. If Ott wants too much for Stone/Duchene, or they get traded to someone else then Chevy could refocus on Dzingel

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Why do people bring up trading Laine ? That's not gonna happen , if Laine was scoring like he was in November , no one would even bring his name up . The guy is still ONLY 20 YEARS OLD and has scored over 100 goals in the league already . I don't know maybe people think these kinds of goal scorers come around all the time and we don't need him , we'll just get another one . :help:
If I recall he had an awful lot of detractors even when he was scoring, including myself. I agree though, he might be the next Brett Hull etc. but I hate they we are seemingly forced to play a "project" on our second line in a year when we could otherwise be a contender. Just to stay on topic, I would be completely on board if the right deal came up for Laine.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
...reminding us that late 1sts aren't worth as much as many seem to think.

If the late first in question is in the 45% who are winners, they are valuable. If they are among the 55% who don't then they are not. It seems to be a very sharp divide. On avg, if you have 2 late firsts you should get 1 winner. That makes it more important to hang onto them, not less.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Plenty of good forwards on the trade market. Obviously, Stone is the best available but if the price is too high then Chevy should move on to other options. That's almost certainly what he's already doing. The Jets have been scouting the Rangers, and apparently had a couple of hockey guys at the Panthers game last night, probably scouting Brassard among others.

Reactions: roccerfeller

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016

Agreed. Someone the other day sent me this “reminder” photo with stats. Not sure how accurate the stats are, but they were basically this:

At age 20 for the following players:

- Wheeler: 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points
- Scheifele: 13 goals, 21 assists, 34 points
- Laine: 105 goals, 65 assists, 170 points (and counting)

We have to remember that a 2 or 3 month slump shouldn’t (and won’t) define a player’s career. Heck, if Laine breaks out of his slump soon and starts a hot streak in the playoffs like he did in November, we’d be laughing!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. Someone the other day sent me this “reminder” photo with stats. Not sure how accurate the stats are, but they were basically this:

At age 20 for the following players:

- Wheeler: 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points
- Scheifele: 13 goals, 21 assists, 34 points
- Laine: 105 goals, 65 assists, 170 points (and counting)

We have to remember that a 2 or 3 month slump shouldn’t (and won’t) define a player’s career. Heck, if Laine breaks out of his slump soon and starts a hot streak in the playoffs like he did in November, we’d be laughing!
Sure brings perspective.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the late first in question is in the 45% who are winners, they are valuable. If they are among the 55% who don't then they are not. It seems to be a very sharp divide. On avg, if you have 2 late firsts you should get 1 winner. That makes it more important to hang onto them, not less.
Late 1sts are valuable, but they lie on the gentle value slope that extends into the 2nd round and beyond.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Late 1sts are valuable, but they lie on the gentle value slope that extends into the 2nd round and beyond.

Well obviously they are worth less than top 10 picks.

But is this where we stop depending on Chevy's track record at the draft? There are premium players still available by the late first. You just need to be successful identifying them.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Plenty of good forwards on the trade market. Obviously, Stone is the best available but if the price is too high then Chevy should move on to other options. That's almost certainly what he's already doing. The Jets have been scouting the Rangers, and apparently had a couple of hockey guys at the Panthers game last night, probably scouting Brassard among others.

Yea a very important time not to lose ones head. I sure Chevy gets that uniqueness of this season and will find the balance.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yea a very important time not to lose ones head. I sure Chevy gets that uniqueness of this season and will find the balance.
I bet that's the hold up, they most likely want a 1st, Comrie and Niku and Chevy probably wants to keep Niku and Samberg and insert Stanley in that trade instead. He must realize we need low cost players on ELC to come in next year and the year after, we don't have too many of those that are NHL ready on D.

Reactions: ps241

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'm not very excited about Dzingel.

Yeah, after all this Stone/Duchene speculation, ending up with Dzingel would be a...

1390119331665.gif

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad