Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
No it's not the equivalent of the statsny trade. Stanley is a 1st and Foley was a mid round pick. Stanley is a way better prospect then Foley. 2 1st for a rental is to steep a price for any rental.

They were both 2 years past their draft. That becones a bit of old news. They represent decent prospects, not elite ones.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
They were both 2 years past their draft. That becones a bit of old news. They represent decent prospects, not elite ones.
Foley and Stanley are not equal prospects in any way shape or formed. 2 1sts for a rental is severe overpayment.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
A poster on the Sens board (apparently with some inside knowledge) has claimed a deal in principle has been agreed to trade Stone to the Jets. Dorien is making a last attempt to sign him.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Foley and Stanley are not equal prospects in any way shape or formed. 2 1sts for a rental is severe overpayment.
Foley last year versus Stanley this year are close in prospect value. That is my opinion. It is not wrong.

Gin on his game tonight.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
There is a thread on the trade board by a Nashville fan who thinks that their team can't make a long run as currently constructed and were offering anyone not name Forsberg, Arvidsson, Josi and Ekholm.

Trouba for Subban straight up

or

Kyle Connor for Ellis

Who says no?

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There is a thread on the trade board by a Nashville fan who thinks that their team can't make a long run as currently constructed and were offering anyone not name Forsberg, Arvidsson, Josi and Ekholm.

or

Kyle Connor for Ellis

Who says no?
i don't want subban on this team

I'd do the 2nd one though, and trade trouba for a winger replacement

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

or

Kyle Connor for Ellis

Who says no?

I never want to see that drama queen Subban in a Jets uniform

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A poster on the Sens board (apparently with some inside knowledge) has claimed a deal in principle has been agreed to trade Stone to the Jets. Dorien is making a last attempt to sign him.
I like the sound of that. Chevy gives him his final offer. Doesn't meet Dorion's expectations so he makes a desperate attempt to sign him, or maybe hopes Chevy increases his offer. Chevy knows who has the leverage.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
:laugh: Well, that's Ottawa's rebuild done.

The [poster] you speak of is simply reporting a tweet. 99% of sens fans know we are not getting Connor.

There is serious fire cooking something up that seems to be a sizable deal whatever it is.

I personally do not want to trade Stone. If it does have to happen though I would be happy he went home to Winnipeg.

Good luck and hopefully the trade works for both sides in the end. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I understand many don't like Subban but I think he might be in the Big Buff/Tkachuk mold where you hate him if he is wearing the opposing team's jersey but love him when he's on your side.
pretty sure for over 9 million jets would pay trouba to stay. jets are not paying anybody on defence more then buff. not to mention he is a diva. jets probably going the Pittsburgh route pay all the money for the forwards and only have a couple a highly paid dmen. buff and Morrissey.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I like the sound of that. Chevy gives him his final offer. Doesn't meet Dorion's expectations so he makes a desperate attempt to sign him, or maybe hopes Chevy increases his offer. Chevy knows who has the leverage.
is there a reason you are acting as if there aren't 30 other teams that can acquire stone as well? if dorion doesn't like the offer he can wait for a better offer elsewhere

Reactions: Joe Strummer

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
is there a reason you are acting as if there aren't 30 other teams that can acquire stone as well? if dorion doesn't like the offer he can wait for a better offer elsewhere
I guess every game played by Stone is a risk of injury, and now Dorion may not have time to evaluate every suitor. He may have painted himself into a corner taking all his staff to Winnipeg for 3 days.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I guess every game played by Stone is a risk of injury, and now Dorion may not have time to evaluate every suitor. He may have painted himself into a corner taking all his staff to Winnipeg for 3 days.
i don't see what that has to do with anything though. the deadline is still over a week away. just because he's in winnipeg doesn't mean he can't talk to other teams. the injury thing affects every team not just the jets.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The [poster] you speak of is simply reporting a tweet. 99% of sens fans know we are not getting Connor.

There is serious fire cooking something up that seems to be a sizable deal whatever it is.

I personally do not want to trade Stone. If it does have to happen though I would be happy he went home to Winnipeg.

Good luck and hopefully the trade works for both sides in the end. Cheers

Thank you for being a gentleman on the board. If it happens I hope the deal works out for both teams.

Reactions: KingBogo

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What did we get for a 30 year old Ladd?
A 1st and Dano (a former 1st).
A conditional 3rd if the Hawks would have won the cup.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
What did we get for a 30 year old Ladd?
A 1st and Dano (a former 1st).
A conditional 3rd if the Hawks would have won the cup.
this is true though every year is different. we paid a 1st and a 3rd or 4th depending how you look at it for statsny . although technically dano was a roster player at the time who was always healthy scratched. he wasn't a prospect at the time. a 1st and ves or Stanley seems like a high price for a rental.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I understand many don't like Subban but I think he might be in the Big Buff/Tkachuk mold where you hate him if he is wearing the opposing team's jersey but love him when he's on your side.

Obviously a Trouba for Subban deal isn't going to happen, but I agree that I'd take that deal and run.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
We're in this weird spot waiting for a trade to happen.
It may not happen and if it does we may not like the deal (as fans).
Yet, we also probably will feel pretty disappointed now if something doesn't happen.

If management and ownership truly think that Wheeler and Buff are the key cogs to a championship then pushing things to improve the teams chances over the next 2 years would be more important than if those guys had 5 years of their prime left. That and the expiring ELC's could be the pressure point to finally make conservative Chevy become aggressive Chevy. All the complaints about no trades or movement in the early days will be long forgotten if we give up big pieces now.

We'd love to see this resolved sooner then later but then that would also take away a lot of the drama from TDL Day. If we make the move for Stone then I could see dominos falling pretty quickly. The TSN staff would be cursing us as they'd have little to talk about if Stone, Duchene, Panarin, Hayes etc... all moved before the end of next weekend.

Get your shirt cannons and Segway's ready, the 25th could be painfully slow for the whole league.

Reactions: Jets 31

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
huberjo93

Why is this man available?

Reactions: SLAYER and YWGinYYZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad