Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
couldn't disagree more. a signed stone is way more expensive to the jets then a rental stone. a signed stone could cost us laine. a rental stone would cost us a 1st a prospect and maybe a position player. then if you wanted to trade laine in the summer you would get way more then what you just paid for stone. jets would have no interest in a signed stone whatsoever.
There's likely a lot of moving parts here that you or I aren't yet aware of.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The point was not any specific trade. You don';t like mine, make your own. The point was that we have needs that are not being addressed by TD rentals.

That's looks OK. We trade Connor for RHD and Trouba for a replacement for Connor. Works if you can get it. But my trades were not losses. If you can get more, I'm not complaining.

You still have the ineffective ELL line. I'd try Huberdeau there instead of Ehlers. But maybe now we get Stone for 2RW. What have you got for a 3rd pair D? There will be a problem when Buff's contract expires. Only 2 more years. Or when Buff expires, whenever that turns out to be. But there is at least a little time to deal with that.

I don't think you can get Pesce + Necas for Connor. If you try that with 'Canes fans, they will claim that Necas alone is worth Connor.

I wonder why Tallon would trade Huberdeau for Trouba. He has Ekblad as his 1RHD. Huberdeau is a lot for him to give up for something he doesn't really need.

From the start I said I was not committed to any specific deal. Just get the results.
Why are you so keen on trading our excellent young productive players for team's depth players & B prospects. Boggles me.

If Canes fans want to give less for Connor than they can find a 22 year old 30 goal scoring 1LW elsewhere for cheaper or include Slavin.

After Ekblad their RHD depth is Pysyk and some guy named Josh Brown. So i can see the desire. one of hubderdeau or Hoffman will likely be off the roster with Panarin coming in

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
There's likely a lot of moving parts here that you or I aren't yet aware of.
i'm not saying there isn't but if the jets want to pay 3x or 4x their cost for stone a signed stone wont be part of the deal.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
couldn't disagree more. a signed stone is way more expensive to the jets then a rental stone. a signed stone could cost us laine. a rental stone would cost us a 1st a prospect and maybe a position player. then if you wanted to trade laine in the summer you would get way more then what you just paid for stone. jets would have no interest in a signed stone whatsoever.
Not if he is only signing to help facilitate the trade. There might be a small "convenience" bump up, but it doesn't change the landscape. IE. he would be signing to pave the way for a trade to the Jets the place he wants to go, not to give Ottawa free reign to do what they want with him.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
They scouted the Jets, Avs, Moose, Wolves and Milwaukee. Seems like an efficient use of time.

lol since when does a GM go on AHL scouting binges? Also there is this thing called video, I hear you can even watch it and download it from the internet.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Not if he is only signing to help facilitate the trade. There might be a small "convenience" bump up, but it doesn't change the landscape. IE. he would be signing to pave the way for a trade to the Jets the place he wants to go, not to give Ottawa free reign to do what they want with him.
Again couldn't disagree more . No one is giving up their 1 and only chance at free agency super pay day for possibly a trade to another Stanley contender for 6 weeks of play. Why would stone care 1 way or the other where he plays for 6 weeks. Has this ever happened before. No agent worth his salt would go along with something like this.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Again couldn't disagree more . No one is giving up their 1 and only chance at free agency super pay day for possibly a trade to another Stanley contender for 6 weeks of play. Why would stone care 1 way or the other where he plays for 6 weeks. Has this ever happened before. No agent worth his salt would go along with something like this.
If the deal is for approx what he expects on the open market, that is what is available. Maybe he gets a bit of a competitors push up, but likely nothing he hasn't already priced in. He cares where he plays now because he wants a cup just like any player and he wants to play where he wants to play. An agent works out the best deal possible based on his clients desires.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If the deal is for approx what he expects on the open market, that is what is available. Maybe he gets a bit of a competitors push up, but likely nothing he hasn't already priced in. He cares where he plays now because he wants a cup just like any player and he wants to play where he wants to play. An agent works out the best deal possible based on his clients desires.
Yep and maybe he cares about being around his family who live here and can babysit over $500 grand.
Not saying that is the case I don't know him or his motivations but to say he'll just settle to whoever pays him the most is simplistic.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
All I know is if my house was appraised at 300k and you offered me 300k I'm putting up a for sale sign cause I know I'm getting 29 bids of 300k at the very least and likely alot more. He will test the market. They all do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad