Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I feel like there was enough "tampering" by other teams and poor enough showings by the Jets and moose that the deal has cooled a bit.

I don't think Chevy likes playing Dorion's game (again)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Of all the rumours I doubt this one the most. This could be as simple as Dorian saying to Elliotte yea we are always trying to extend these guys first.

When was the last time Friedman actually had something? He has been nothing but click bait since moving to SN.

Reactions: Keystone

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Obviously it sounds like something big is in the works but these things can end up going nowhere fast. For every trade that's consummated there are 5 that fell through. The way that dick in Vegas works, Dorian would be wise to maximize Chevy for all he's worth and then give Vegas a call. That clown shoe is hot and horny to screw us at every turn.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Also added Armia and Dano (two previous 1sts), and Lemieux who was equivalent to a late-1st.

Lemieux was only equivalent to a late 1st if Adrian Kempe was equivalent to an early 2nd.

Added Armia who was tossed away for a little bit of short term cap relief and Dano who can't make Mau's lineup. So what?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I feel like there was enough "tampering" by other teams and poor enough showings by the Jets and moose that the deal has cooled a bit.

I don't think Chevy likes playing Dorion's game (again)
How the Jets or Moose played has nothing to do with it, unless a player the were looking at s*** the bed.

Reactions: Neuf

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
A much later pick. We could have had Brannstrom, Suzuki, Glass, Frost. A prospect who would set us up well for future. We hear VESA is a floater. He is in a position that doesn't help us as much.

But then we would have had to give Vegas something else. I didn't like that deal either but you can't just ignore the fact that we had to give up something. If you compare our trade down to what every team lost we did well.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Obviously it sounds like something big is in the works but these things can end up going nowhere fast. For every trade that's consummated there are 5 that fell through. The way that dick in Vegas works, Dorian would be wise to maximize Chevy for all he's worth and then give Vegas a call. That clown shoe is hot and horny to screw us at every turn.
This is the wild card here. And Nashville.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
If there's a deal to be made here Chevy will get it done. He's a closer.

Do you remember how many years ( yes years ) it took Chevy to make a player for player trade.

He’s not a closer. He’s cautious to a fault , which is actually a good thing, but it does mean there is a very good chance nothing happens.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If a deal really is going down, I'm sure this has happened.
man people over react on rumors. not saying you though. if we get stone its just as a rental and nothing else. these long term contract take time to develop. even these small rental deals take time. why would the jets want a signed stone. its ridiculous. a signed stone raises his value. why would the team want to overpay for him. just like on the main boards people saying we should trade laine for a signed stone. no grasp of the fact that the price for stone as a rental compared to what you could get for laine on the open market is about 3 or 4 fold. only if chevy was a complete moron should he trade for a signed stone.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You dont visit Winnipeg with your staff for a week if its a simple rental trade. I agree something huge is in the works here, im scared ****less and excited all at the same time lol.
They scouted the Jets, Avs, Moose, Wolves and Milwaukee. Seems like an efficient use of time.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Do you remember how many years ( yes years ) it took Chevy to make a player for player trade.

He’s not a closer. He’s cautious to a fault , which is actually a good thing, but it does mean there is a very good chance nothing happens.
He is a closer if he's determined to make that deal. He's also a schrewd negotiatior.

Yes I remember all the years he never made trades, and that's because we were in a draft and development mode.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
man people over react on rumors. not saying you though. if we get stone its just as a rental and nothing else. these long term contract take time to develop. even these small rental deals take time. why would the jets want a signed stone. its ridiculous. a signed stone raises his value. why would the team want to overpay for him. just like on the main boards people saying we should trade laine for a signed stone. no grasp of the fact that the price for stone as a rental compared to what you could get for laine on the open market is about 3 or 4 fold. only if chevy was a complete moron should he trade for a signed stone.
A signed Stone, only raises his value slightly if he is signing for the intention of making the trade happen. It is not like Stone is signing with Ottawa saying now do what you please with me.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lemieux was only equivalent to a late 1st if Adrian Kempe was equivalent to an early 2nd.

Added Armia who was tossed away for a little bit of short term cap relief and Dano who can't make Mau's lineup. So what?
...reminding us that late 1sts aren't worth as much as many seem to think.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A signed Stone, only raises his value slightly if he is signing for the intention of making the trade happen. It is not like Stone is signing with Ottawa saying now do what you please with me.
This guy gets it.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
couldn't disagree more. a signed stone is way more expensive to the jets then a rental stone. a signed stone could cost us laine. a rental stone would cost us a 1st a prospect and maybe a position player. then if you wanted to trade laine in the summer you would get way more then what you just paid for stone. jets would have no interest in a signed stone whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad