Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Jets don't need a ground shaking move to spark things up. Breaking up Wheeler and Scheifele and shuffling lines should be enough for that.
It would be prudent to try that stuff first. Doubtful that the team brain trust thinks there’s something fundamentally wrong with the makeup of the team.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
a 5 year deal just seems odd but w/e floats his boat. Id rather hit UFA then settle on a 5 year deal right now tbh.
Agreed that a 5 year deal seems a bit weird, but we have no idea how accurate that part is. Maybe Stone figures since he hit UFA status so young he can cash in twice if he keeps term down so he is just 31 when he can re-sign another one?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
There is no rationale for the Jets to work out a sign and trade. They could make a conditional trade, where the price increases a bit if the Jets re-sign him, but they shouldn't even consider paying the full cost of Stone on a long term deal. Fact is that the Sens have a pending UFA and the TDL is a week away. If they can sign Stone, let them do that, but that seems very unlikely at this point. If they can't, then use their need to trade him as leverage for a better deal, just like every other UFA.
OK but explain this to me. Is there any way that the Jets can be 100% assured that Stone will sign with them other than having him sign before the trade. I'm not sure how the rules work the other way, what exactly is tampering?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
OK but explain this to me. Is there any way that the Jets can be 100% assured that Stone will sign with them other than having him sign before the trade. I'm not sure how the rules work the other way, what exactly is tampering?

Tampering is the Jets negotiating a contract with Stone while he is still with Ottawa without permission... but why would Ottawa give it?

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Agreed that a 5 year deal seems a bit weird, but we have no idea how accurate that part is. Maybe Stone figures since he hit UFA status so young he can cash in twice if he keeps term down so he is just 31 when he can re-sign another one?
maybe the new TV deal/Seattle Revenue is changing these UFA's minds on 6-8 year deals

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
This may be what the Ottawa offer was...wouldn't get to caught up in this yet.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Jets don't need a ground shaking move to spark things up. Breaking up Wheeler and Scheifele and shuffling lines should be enough for that.
Coach and GM are independent. Coach did nothing so now GM steps in and shakes things up. Signs new players instead of firing coach. All these things cost money though so Chipman needs to approve it all.

Reactions: CaptainChef

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
personally as much as I like Perreault who likely is leaving next year he might be the one that leaves. he has term left and he would lesson the ask for some of our prospects wanted in return if bundled with a 1st for any top 6 player we do get. Perreault a 1st and a b prospect might get it done on a trade like this. he's is leaving anyways.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Dorion could give Chevy permission to talk to Stone and his agent.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I wonder if the Jets may be looking at Huberdeau from Florida. That would likely take a roster player and then some so I doubt it but it is intriguing nonetheless with our cap guy there.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I wonder if the Jets may be looking at Huberdeau from Florida. That would likely take a roster player and then some so I doubt it but it is intriguing nonetheless with our cap guy there.
Yea maybe some scouting & number crunching for a Trouba to FLA deal in the off-season while Chevy/Chipman work on Stone

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You're missing the point. Trade Connor for Slavin or Pesce+High Pick/Prospect, Trouba for Huberdeau+ (yes FLA needs top 4 RHD)

Huberdeau-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Laine

Morrissey-Pesce
Niku-Buff

top prospects: Necas, KV, Samberg.

Why do you want us losing trades so bad?

The point was not any specific trade. You don't like mine, make your own. The point was that we have needs that are not being addressed by TD rentals.

That's looks OK. We trade Connor for RHD and Trouba for a replacement for Connor. Works if you can get it. But my trades were not losses. If you can get more, I'm not complaining.

You still have the ineffective ELL line. I'd try Huberdeau there instead of Ehlers. But maybe now we get Stone for 2RW. What have you got for a 3rd pair D? There will be a problem when Buff's contract expires. Only 2 more years. Or when Buff expires, whenever that turns out to be. But there is at least a little time to deal with that.

I don't think you can get Pesce + Necas for Connor. If you try that with 'Canes fans, they will claim that Necas alone is worth Connor.

I wonder why Tallon would trade Huberdeau for Trouba. He has Ekblad as his 1RHD. Huberdeau is a lot for him to give up for something he doesn't really need.

From the start I said I was not committed to any specific deal. Just get the results.

Last edited:

folix

Jul 24, 2011
This is gonna be a blockbuster if something gets done. I feel a shakeup is coming and im not sure who is or isn't going. If the cap guy is involved.. Gotta think cap money is going out also.

You dont visit Winnipeg with your staff for a week if its a simple rental trade. I agree something huge is in the works here, im scared shitless and excited all at the same time lol.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I'm going to the Moose game tomorrow. Will Dorion and his entourage still be in attendance?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Dorion could give Chevy permission to talk to Stone and his agent.
Which I assume he may well have done given that both Stone & agent were in town. But, no way you can get this binding before a trade I imagine; if Ottawa does the sign & trade, you have 100% assurance its going off the way you want.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Elliotte Friedman reporting that Stone and the Sens have resumed contract talks and Duchene is being shopped. Im starting to get a worst case scenario feeling. Stone stays in Ottawa, Nashville lands Duchene, and we end up with Brassard or Hayes.

My interest is limited to Stone on the assumption we can sign him. If we must get an expensive rental, I will take Hayes.

I would rather spend our assets better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad