GDT: Preseason Game 02 - Winnipeg Jets @ Edmonton Oilers - Sunday, September 22nd, 2024 - 5:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com

Our guys...

giphy.gif

play their guys...

giphy.gif

at Rogers Place...

giphy.gif

at...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

streaming live at WinnipegJets.com...

giphy.gif

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'd like to see Yager with 2 NHLers on his wing this game if possible. He thinks the game at an NHL level and kept coming up with pucks all night by just being in the right spots.

If we were rebuilding I think he could probably carve out a role on a third line right now, but if he can get another 100 point dominant year in the WHL under his belt I think he'll be a top 6 option as soon as next year.

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
I'd like to see Yager with 2 NHLers on his wing this game if possible. He thinks the game at an NHL level and kept coming up with pucks all night by just being in the right spots.

If we were rebuilding I think he could probably carve out a role on a third line right now, but if he can get another 100 point dominant year in the WHL under his belt I think he'll be a top 6 option as soon as next year.
Is there any chance he plays with the moose this year?

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
Very inexperienced lineup. Based on what I have seen at practice so far I would suspect the lines look something like this tonight:

JAD - Gus - Kupari
Walton - Toninato - AJF
He - Zhilkin - Ford
Torgersson - Loponen - King

Stanley - Coghlan
Anhorn - Salomonsson
Sautner - Bauer/Barteaux

Reactions: hn777 and surixon

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Is it too soon for this to be The Real Test?

Predicting a feisty contest with the ECHL/ AHL Jerts hanging in.

Just.

But not for long.

With these players:

G: Eric Comrie and Kappo Kahkonen

D: Dylan Coghlan, Elias Salomonsson, Ashston Sautner, Logan Stanley, Tyrel Bauer, Dylan Anhorn and Dawson Barteaux.

F: Rasmus Kupari, David Gustafsson, Dominic Toninato, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Daniel Torgersson, Kevin He, Danny Zhilkin, Axel Jonsson-Fjallby, Parker Ford, Kieron Walton and Ben King.

Maybe Salmo will get up to speed? Not sure who else to watch, really. Coughlan, I guess. And He and AJF will skate fast.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Very inexperienced lineup. Based on what I have seen at practice so far I would suspect the lines look something like this tonight:

JAD - Gus - Kupari
Walton - Toninato - AJF
He - Zhilkin - Ford

Stanley - Coghlan
Anhorn - Salomonsson
Sautner - Bauer/Barteaux
I wish salomonsson would show something, he has such a huge opportunity right now.

Reactions: hn777 and voyageur

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Just finishing up watching the game recorded last night.
Chibrikov definitely looks ready to take a step. A bit concerning that he tends to disappear every now and then but overall a very good game.

Lambert had a good game as well but there’s still more in his game.

I like Miller’s shoot first mentality but had one bad giveaway.

Fleury? Hmm.

Kako needs to get his pads down.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

JAD - Gus - Kupari
Walton - Toninato - AJF
He - Zhilkin - Ford

Stanley - Coghlan
Anhorn - Salomonsson
Sautner - Bauer/Barteaux
The only players I’m really interested in watching this game are He and Zhilkin.
I guess it’ll also be interesting to get a first glance at JAD and Coghlan too.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I wish salomonsson would show something, he has such a huge opportunity right now.
I think it's good to temper expectations with 20 year old defensemen, you need an elite skill level to break through to the NHL at that age. Defense is a development position. I don't see anything elite in Salomonsson's game but I do see growth potential throughout the season...He has a good frame to play defense. As he gets stronger and faster, and starts to see the ice in a more North American way I think the game will get easier...The fact Chevy talked about him getting a development season on the Moose at 19 makes me think the Jets just want to give him a positive first year experience.

I thought it was interesting that Lundmark was still talking about improving core strength and speed out of strides after completing his ELC. He's a player who is probably close to NHL ready. Coghlan I'm hoping is ready to compete too, so it's not completely barren on defense. A forward trade out of TC still seems within the realm of possibility.

Reactions: Royale With Cheese

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

JAD - Gus - Kupari
Walton - Toninato - AJF
He - Zhilkin - Ford

Stanley - Coghlan
Anhorn - Salomonsson
Sautner - Bauer/Barteaux
This is ugglllee

Reactions: Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

He is adjusting to a new country, a new league, a new level of play and different ice size. He is going to require a little time. The ice size and the time and space that it implies may be the biggest adjustment

Reactions: bustamente

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad