2024 Islanders Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Does anyone know anything about RHD Aiden Fulp? Apparently he has incredible endurance because he's been killing it during the bag skates.

He played 3 NCAA season and had a very uneventful rookie season as a pro, but if his skating is high end and he's got size he could be a candidate to make some noise down in BPT this season. This organization really needs a RHD prospect since Hutton never took it to the next level.

Yep, saw that bag-skating clip of him being a bit ahead of the others.

But Fulp's first pro season, as what, a 23/24-year-old, was absolutely nothing to write home about.

I mean, those 5 points in 50 games were also accompanied by a -22 rating. Brutal!

Hutton doesn't really have stats that south of the border. A -5 was the worst he ever had. Even had a plus rating in 21/22 and 22/23. Only had 5 points in 21/22, but that was the Covid-induced 24-game season.

Sure, here's hoping Fulp (and like anyone else down there) puts in a big season and turns himself into some kind of option down the road. Would be great.

I'm thinking that Hutton and Cholowski will have to be the go-to guys down there. Newpower is the only guy brought in as a free agent from the outside, but he looks like he's little more than a 2-year older version of Mitchell and Fulp.

I guess much of the hope for the blueline is being placed in Warren and George (who I personally wanted to see back in London). They'll be perhaps the best skaters down there (along with Cholowski), although I seem to remember Warren's skating being a bit choppy.

They also brought over Rajaniemi on an AHL deal. Dunno if he'll be with Bridgeport or Worcester? But he's a redwood and has 4(!) full seasons of pro play under his belt.

BPort had signed low-scoring Providence captain Cam MacDonald (1-6-7 as a senior).

A couple of these guys will surely end up in Worcester if everyone is healthy, which only has 6 Dmen of its own.

PS) If you're wondering what happened to Trevor Cosgrove, who went 12-27-39 in 59 ECHL games last season, he took his act to Sweden where he's playing in the 2nd tier pro league "HockeyAllsvenskan". Had 2 points in his first game.

Reactions: seafoam

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yep, saw that bag-skating clip of him being a bit ahead of the others.

But Fulp's first pro season, as what, a 23/24-year-old, was absolutely nothing to write home about.

I mean, those 5 points in 50 games were also accompanied by a -22 rating. Brutal!

Hutton doesn't really have stats that south of the border. A -5 was the worst he ever had. Even had a plus rating in 21/22 and 22/23. Only had 5 points in 21/22, but that was the Covid-induced 24-game season.

Sure, here's hoping Fulp (and like anyone else down there) puts in a big season and turns himself into some kind of option down the road. Would be great.

I'm thinking that Hutton and Cholowski will have to be the go-to guys down there. Newpower is the only guy brought in as a free agent from the outside, but he looks like he's little more than a 2-year older version of Mitchell and Fulp.

I guess much of the hope for the blueline is being placed in Warren and George (who I personally wanted to see back in London). They'll be perhaps the best skaters down there (along with Cholowski), although I seem to remember Warren's skating being a bit choppy.

They also brought over Rajaniemi on an AHL deal. Dunno if he'll be with Bridgeport or Worcester? But he's a redwood and has 4(!) full seasons of pro play under his belt.

BPort had signed low-scoring Providence captain Cam MacDonald (1-6-7 as a senior).

A couple of these guys will surely end up in Worcester if everyone is healthy, which only has 6 Dmen of its own.

PS) If you're wondering what happened to Trevor Cosgrove, who went 12-27-39 in 59 ECHL games last season, he took his act to Sweden where he's playing in the 2nd tier pro league "HockeyAllsvenskan". Had 2 points in his first game.
I agree the +/- was brutal, but anytime a prospect makes themselves standout even against NHL players, I find it to be intriguing. The fact that his first pro season was as a 23/24 year old and he did not stand out kind of tells you all you need to know here in my opinion. For every guy like that that pans out, there are hundreds of guys that don't.

FYI - I am seeing that Mayfield, Palmieri, and Tsyplakov will be playing tonight.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Isles latest draftee.

3185EFA2-6FE3-490D-B34B-50224851CD1B.jpeg

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Maggio looks shifty but is still a step behind. He needs more seasoning in the minors but I can see the upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad