Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's nothing to do with losing games, it's about how they look in these games and even in the games they win. Thinking the Jets should just stand pat with this group is a reasonable perspective to have.

Well we are most likely getting worse next season when we make room for the raises so what’s your plan? What do you think changed from last season when we were dominant, I am not being a smart ass it’s a serious question.

Fantasy world time you are now the GM for a post you give me your take and plan for what to do now and why and I will give you mine if you care to play along.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Sens with a weak attempt to play hard to get. Chevy should start focusing on other rentals and let Dorion get back to him when the Sens decide to stop messing around. This leak-fest must be pretty tiring for a GM like Chevy.

Yea for closed door group like Chevy I am sure dancing with the Devil in Ottawa who has the assets is less fun. In fairness Dorian is trying to survive to fight another day and I can’t imagine his job of blowing it up and pleasing “Eugenie” is much fun.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yea for closed door group like Chevy I am sure dancing with the Devil in Ottawa who has the assets is less fun. In fairness Dorian is trying to survive to fight another day and I can’t imagine his job of blowing it up and pleasing “Eugenie” is much fun.
As long as Eugenie has a nice low payroll , i think that makes him more happy than any Cup win would .:shakehead

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
It is mid February and you want to give up on a season when all those around them are also struggling? We have the talent, which can find there way. It just astounds me me how people are so willing to give up so early so easily.

Ok, let’s talk about that. I am in the camp of win now. Our window is now and think that we will probably take a step back next year with the probable loss of Trouba and someone like Frenchie, Tanev and Copp because of cap reasons.I do believe that we should be picking up a forward like Stone, Duchene, Ferland or others who can drive our second line and a LD like a Zadorov who can slot in behind Morrissey and be able to sit guys like Morrow. There meant to be more sarcasm in my post than maybe was read into it, but to be a realist, there is something off with this team right now. There seems to be no urgency, we play down to lesser teams and are giving up (what should be easy) points that will determine who we play in our first round, we are getting out shot almost every game and our coach is hell bent on not breaking out the blender and is stuck in his old ways of coaching. I love the Jets and would love to party on Portage and Main in the spring and I plan on making the 24 hour from Ontario to do it. Anyone who thinks we can make the SCF playing the way we are needs to take the rose coloured glasses off. I want us to win, I think this is our best year to do it as I think the roster will be significantly different next year, so yes let’s go get a Stone and maybe pry someone like Zadorov out of Colorado. But all of that will be for naught if the Jets, coach included, don’t smarten the hell up! As of now, we have trouble making it past the first round, that’s a fact!!

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
People I know(don't work for the Jets mind you) believe the Jets/Sens are working on something big, I think we will have more clarity this weekend.
Ok this is what is going on ;

Stone
Duchene
Dzingel
Cicci

Roslovic
Perreault
Petan
Lemieux
Appleton
Comrie
Spacek
Niku

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
My take on the Sens rumours are:
  • Jets want Stone, and Sens want a 1st, and quite possibly, Roslovic and Niku.
  • Now if the Jets give up Roslovic, a C prospect which they have precious few of in their pipeline, there needs to be a C prospect coming back as part of the deal. Enter Logan Brown.
  • Now the deal is getting ‘larger’, with multiple pieces including prospects from each side.
  • Dorian will want to wait to see if the desperation level increases closer to the deadline and the offers improve.
  • Chevy will stay firm as he’s set his offer based on value and will not want to exceed it.
  • Question becomes, as other deals go down this week, can both GMs remain steadfast in what they want to have happen and what they are prepared to give up?
Ultimately I see a deal like:

To Jets:
Stone
Brown
Small piece (d prospect)

To Sens:
1st rd pick 2019
Roslovic
Niku
Stanley
Petan (he’ll be a throw in with any deal Jets make)

Stone isn’t signing so Sens get a few young pieces and pick. Jets give up spare parts for chance at getting Stone and keeping him, and a C prospect in Brown.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
  • Now if the Jets give up Roslovic, a C prospect which they have precious few of in their pipeline, there needs to be a C prospect coming back as part of the deal. Enter Logan Brown.
  • Now the deal is getting ‘larger’, with multiple pieces including prospects from each side.
  • Dorian will want to wait to see if the desperation level increases closer to the deadline and the offers improve.
  • Chevy will stay firm as he’s set his offer based on value and will not want to exceed it.
  • Question becomes, as other deals go down this week, can both GMs remain steadfast in what they want to have happen and what they are prepared to give up?

To Jets:
Stone
Brown
Small piece (d prospect)

To Sens:
1st rd pick 2019
Roslovic
Niku
Stanley

Stone isn’t signing so Sens get a few young pieces and pick. Jets give up spare parts for chance at getting Stone and keeping him, and a C prospect in Brown.
Sens are more future oriented than the Jets so I'm not sure why they would be so keen in taking Roslovic but giving up Brown.

I would rather the Jets not give Roslovic and find another way to make the value work.

In any case, Chevy will likely stick to his price. When all is said and done Stone and Duchene are pending UFA rentals and Dorion is under the gun to move them. He'll need to take what the market gives him and the Jets only need to give a bit more than the next highest bidder.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As long as Eugenie has a nice low payroll , i think that makes him more happy than any Cup win would .:shakehead

I would find it exhausting to be scrambling for investors and money to keep the ship afloat but some guys have no quit in them. Many people are frustrated and a bit down on the Jets right now. Can you imagine how much more painful it would be to be Sens fan when you watch guys like Karlsson and Stone (even worse) leave you city and quit your owner. Stone is a dream player for any market and he is leaving in the middle of his prime. We are dealing with that with one asset in Trouba and think of the problems that is causing and the back lash some fans have towards him.

It would really suck to have an owner like Eugenie

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016

To Jets:
Stone
Brown
Small piece (d prospect)

To Sens:
1st rd pick 2019
Roslovic
Niku
Stanley

Way too much movement.
Jets : Stone
Sens: 1st/Ves/Stanley/Petan

I could see Perrault swapped out with Stanley

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
My guess is Dorian was watching Comrie, Spacek and Stanley on the Moose. Not sure why Spacek is getting no mentions, he’s a sleeper.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I would find it exhausting to be scrambling for investors and money to keep the ship afloat but some guys have no quit in them. Many people are frustrated and a bit down on the Jets right now. Can you imagine how much more painful it would be to be Sens fan when you watch guys like Karlsson and Stone (even worse) leave you city and quit your owner. Stone is a dream player for any market and he is leaving in the middle of his prime. We are dealing with that with one asset in Trouba and think of the problems that is causing and the back lash some fans have towards him.

It would really suck to have an owner like Eugenie
Going through Jets 1.0 i will never ever take having a NHL team for granted again . Also why i yell TRUE NORTH so loud at games at home , on the road , and in my basement . :nod:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Toth just tweeted that he passed Dorion and two staff walking back to the BellMTS Centre.

Maybe we shouldn't go to bed.

I was at Fairmont lounge last night and Dorian was there with a couple other guys. Probably about 1030-1130 Given the Toth tweet, the ironic part is he may have literally forgotten his keys because he couldnt have been there long.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I was at Fairmont lounge last night and Dorian was there with a couple other guys. Probably about 1030-1130 Given the Toth tweet, the ironic part is he may have literally forgotten his keys because he couldnt have been there long.

Yes. Toth suggested he forgot his pen.

I love the Fairmont Lounge btw. Great rum selection.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Yes. Toth suggested he forgot his pen.

I love the Fairmont Lounge btw. Great rum selection.

Far above my pay grade lol. The whiskey my brother had was exceptional lol..

Was just visiting my brother there, and some Sens fans I chatted up pointed out Dorian was in the lounge.

Figured people shouldn't read too much into it if he wasnt at the arena too long after he went back in.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Far above my pay grade lol. The whiskey my brother had was exceptional lol..

Was just visiting my brother there, and some Sens fans I chatted up pointed out Dorian was in the lounge.

Figured people shouldn't read too much into it if he wasnt at the arena too long after he went back in.
C'mon it is the time of the season where we get to read way to much into every little piece of information;)

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Ok this is what is going on ;

Stone
Duchene
Dzingel
Cicci

Roslovic
Perreault
Petan
Lemieux
Appleton
Comrie
Spacek
Niku

That really doesnt work for us beacuse it doesnt eliminate any salary at all and wipes out pretty much 80% of our prospect pool. If we sign duchenne and stone then I'm ok with it but I just dont see how.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I never thought that Chevy would give a first for a rental that he knew would be hard to re sign but he did that last year, team fell a little short but it was a great run, this year there is talk about another first but also good prospects and even some of our younger players, now I don't think that Chevy will give up a King's ransom for players that he would have a 50/50 chance to re sign but I've been wrong before. Point is if he keeps on given up all these pieces and doesn't have the ability to restock and the Jets don't win Sir Stanley in a few short years we will be at the bottom looking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad