Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'm fine with standing pat. We are the only team who has given up our 1st 3 years in a row. Unlike many ppl here I like Roslo and think he was actually better than Laine last night. He had an assist and set up Laine twice. We seem to be willing to pay as much for stone as sharks paid for Ek who is generational not just great. No way I give up Niku. I get it ppl want to win now as we are all aging and not patient. I just don't want a bottom feeder team.
We need our young guys Niku is top 4 next season. Perrault already is a passenger lets trade him.
I like our team more than anyone not named TB. I mean I'd really like a scoring Laine he's asking for too much money for one hot month and what he did last year. NHL is a what have you done for me lately league which is nothing. We overpaid for Wheeler as he has clearly lost a step.
Mo needs to try coaching before Chevy gives him new toys.
Muzzin was the right price if we had to get someone. A 1st ves and Spacek for a 1.5 vs just 20 games.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I'm fine with standing pat. We are the only team who has given up our 1st 3 years in a row. Unlike many ppl here I like Roslo and think he was actually better than Laine last night. He had an assist and set up Laine twice. We seem to be willing to pay as much for stone as sharks paid for Ek who is generational not just great. No way I give up Niku. I get it ppl want to win now as we are all aging and not patient. I just don't want a bottom feeder team.
We need our young guys Niku is top 4 next season. Perrault already is a passenger lets trade him.
I like our team more than anyone not named TB. I mean I'd really like a scoring Laine he's asking for too much money for one hot month and what he did last year. NHL is a what have you done for me lately league which is nothing. We overpaid for Wheeler as he has clearly lost a step.
Mo needs to try coaching before Chevy gives him new toys.
Muzzin was the right price if we had to get someone. A 1st ves and Spacek for a 1.5 vs just 20 games.
am I missing something here?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
What do we get back for Trouba? A top 4 D which we are already losing in Niku + a center prospect we are already losing in Rosie. + something else?
As we are already losing all that for Stone a winger. And ppl keep saying D are more valuable. So why are we giving up Niku?

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Elliotte Friedman reporting that Stone and the Sens have resumed contract talks and Duchene is being shopped. Im starting to get a worst case scenario feeling. Stone stays in Ottawa, Nashville lands Duchene, and we end up with Brassard or Hayes.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Elliotte Friedman reporting that Stone and the Sens have resumed contract talks and Duchene is being shopped. Im starting to get a worst case scenario feeling. Stone stays in Ottawa, Nashville lands Duchene, and we end up with Brassard or Hayes.

Of all the rumours I doubt this one the most. This could be as simple as Dorian saying to Elliotte yea we are always trying to extend these guys first.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Just gotta hope Chevy doesn't succumb to closing time desperation. :laugh:

article-2227008-15D0CE25000005DC-613_634x511.jpg

Whileee

May 29, 2010
we moved down in the draft and got vesa, big difference then trading it away. In the 8 drafts since we came back we've had 9 first round picks
Also added Armia and Dano (two previous 1sts), and Lemieux who was equivalent to a late-1st.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
I wonder if, had we kept Armia, there would now be such urgency to pick up a defensively strong forward who is great on the PK and adds some scoring.

Not talking about a Stone obviously, but he would sure have filled a worrying gap.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'm not sure you can count trading away a 1st round pick if you get another 1st back in the deal.
A much later pick. We could have had Brannstrom, Suzuki, Glass, Frost. A prospect who would set us up well for future. We hear VESA is a floater. He is in a position that doesn't help us as much.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
A much later pick. We could have had Brannstrom, Suzuki, Glass, Frost. A prospect who would set us up well for future. We hear VESA is a floater. He is in a position that doesn't help us as much.

11 spots isn't much later. By all accounts Vesalainen was a top 10 pick on the Jets list.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Yep, and when we gave up our 1st rounder, we could have had Veleno. When we moved up in the first round, we blew it on Stanley. And when the league saw fit to mess with our 1st round position, we end up with the most polarizing player in Jets' history and spawned an epic megathread that has pitted fan against fan over everything from his on ice play to his training habits and recreational choices.

The moral being, Chevy should pick where Chevy is supposed to pick or it all goes to Hell in a hand basket real fast! :scared:

:nod:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
In actual facts no. In spirit, yes. That we are getting a pretty weak prospect pool and trading for Stone only weakens it.
The main reason the Jets have a weakened prospect pool is because they have so many good young players on the roster. In all honesty there is little opportunity for our young surplus players to take the next step. We have 3 grade A prospects in Niku, Samberg and KV and none of us know if Chevy is willing to package them with a 1st.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I think Stone negotiating again is a smokescreen.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad