Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Toth just tweeted that he passed Dorion and two staff walking back to the BellMTS Centre.

Maybe we shouldn't go to bed.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Dorion is trying for too much. Chevy will wait. According to the 'insiders' Dorion is also still trying to sign all of his UFA's. Don't know if there is anything to that or not. I think it is more likely just Dorion holding firm on his too high ask. He will have to budge when the deadline is close.

Interesting to see if anyone signs with Ottawa and what they sign for. There's a lot of variables there. Melnyk just said they are looking at being competitive in 5 years, probably not too attractive to guys in their prime. Also could be signing to play in Houston or Quebec, who the hell knows with the situation there?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Interesting to see if anyone signs with Ottawa and what they sign for. There's a lot of variables there. Melnyk just said they are looking at being competitive in 5 years, probably not too attractive to guys in their prime. Also could be signing to play in Houston or Quebec, who the hell knows with the situation there?

I think the Sens stay put. Arizona on the other hand...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
At this point should we even be looking at a trade? Something is definitely off and we would be lucky to make it past the first round. We can’t even beat bottom feeders right now
It is mid February and you want to give up on a season when all those around them are also struggling? We have the talent, which can find there way. It just astounds me me how people are so willing to give up so early so easily.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It is mid February and you want to give up on a season when all those around them are also struggling? We have the talent, which can find there way. It just astounds me me how people are so willing to give up so early so easily.

We are so new to being a good team that I think some feel we should be winning every game by a landslide. Outside of Tampa, who is having a historic season, we are plugging along like every other contender ever has. Ups and downs but mostly ups.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

this 100%

It was a poo poo game; these happen. These are part of the ups and downs of a season

It's almost like people have never followed winning teams before. Maybe this is new to many Jets fans? I dunno

We can certainly vent about the poo poo games but the whole "flush the season down the toilet" dialogue is too much

Also, is Toth staking outside Stone's room to see if he stays lol? Cause where there's smoke....

Reactions: Snowman and Jets 31

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We are so new to being a good team that I think some feel we should be winning every game by a landslide. Outside of Tampa, who is having a historic season, we are plugging along like every other contender ever has. Ups and downs but mostly ups.
Yep. Pulled out another point while Nashville looks like they will have a clean loss. Holy s*** only 3 points up in 1st with 2 games in hand 23 games to go. How did things go so horribly off the rails :sarcasm:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

It's nothing to do with losing games, it's about how they look in these games and even in the games they win. Thinking the Jets should just stand pat with this group is a reasonable perspective to have.

Reactions: drumzan and folix

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's nothing to do with losing games, it's about how they look in these games and even in the games they win. Thinking the Jets should just stand pat with this group is a reasonable perspective to have.

If they maintain the group yeah. We are going to be a worse team next year. Mark my words.

Reactions: ps241

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

Why stand pat? Im in the theres a severe problem with the team category and even i think they need to make a move. The boys have gotten 2 comfy. There are no consequences for 55 and 26 but maybe with Duch or Stone or both here.. There are.

Jets need to make a trade to shake things up. Ya .They playing like crap but still good enough for 1st..

Make a move cuz something aint right at the moment. Jets can do 2 things..
1. Fire Maurice - wont happen yet
Or
2. Make a trade to shake up the room

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
You can keep your picks I'm keeping Tanev. Take the money out of Connor and Laines checks.
I know wishful thinking.

I'd definitely take money out of Laine's checks. I'm puzzled as to what I think of this guy. He's so soft on the puck, and really quite slow, and people talk about giving him $ 8-9 mil per year ??

Really right now Laine is a hinderance to the team. He doesn't even have his shot right now, but you'd have to think it will come back.

Giving this guy a huge contract right now, could hurt this team for years. I sure hope he'll develop into the star that some posters think on here, but I'm not sold on this guy, other than his shot. Bridge the guy -- 3 years --play it safe.

Although the Jet's won't trade him--I'd be open to it as GM. If you could get Duchene and Stone -- for Laine and Petan --I'd be all over that.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Why stand pat? Im in the theres a severe problem with the team category and even i think they need to make a move. The boys have gotten 2 comfy. There are no consequences for 55 and 26 but maybe with Duch or Stone or both here.. There are.

Jets need to make a trade to shake things up. Ya .They playing like crap but still good enough for 1st..

Make a move cuz something aint right at the moment. Jets can do 2 things..
1. Fire Maurice - wont happen yet
Or
2. Make a trade to shake up the room
If you are only doing it to shake up the room than make a cheaper trade that will cost us less. Right now, we look like we aren't going to win and Duch or Stone cost an arm or a leg.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm curious who you think looks good in the West? No one has stood out, so why should a team that has found a way to stumble to the top throw in their chips for the season?

Reactions: Snowman and Jets 31

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I think the big issue is and it's on everbodies mind is this team good enough to win a cup with two rentals? Or one? Is that all it needs to push it over the edge to win a cup?

Right now it sure doesnt seem that way.

So if it's not, if that is what Chevy decides that we are simply treading water good but but not good enough then you have to seek out hockey trades. So then I ask you honeslty who out of your told 6 and your top 4 d are you shipping out and for who?

You need term and age and comparative salary back so then it gets very complicated very fast.

I honwalty dont know about this team. Its jot just lately either since the start of the year they look off.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

I'd definitely take money out of Laine's checks. I'm puzzled as to what I think of this guy. He's so soft on the puck, and really quite slow, and people talk about giving him $ 8-9 mil per year ??

Really right now Laine is a hinderance to the team. He doesn't even have his shot right now, but you'd have to think it will come back.

Giving this guy a huge contract right now, could hurt this team for years. I sure hope he'll develop into the star that some posters think on here, but I'm not sold on this guy, other than his shot. Bridge the guy -- 3 years --play it safe.

Although the Jet's won't trade him--I'd be open to it as GM. If you could get Duchene and Stone -- for Laine and Petan --I'd be all over that.

I feel ppl are piling on the kid. The real problems start elsewhere tho. The 20 year old kid isn't the biggest problem and trading him for 2 rentals is dumb. U wanna trade him? Do it at the draft for a legit haul

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
So Stone is negotiating again with Sens?
Duchen is on the table?

In a couple of days Duchene will be negotiating and Stone will be on the market and a couple of days it will switch again as the networks try to get eye balls on there shows that have way to many talking heads and is usually a non event as the big trade happen days before.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

I still dont know how to handle it after not having our team all those years.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Is Hayes good on PK?

Jets PK sucks!

I know the pp will turn it around.

PK needs to be better. Almost lost the series last year against the Preds with bad PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad