Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
A leaked rumour that Winnipeg-boy Stone wants to only sign in Winnipeg would certainly diminish Vegas willingness to part with their top end prospects like Glass... if, of course, that were true.
Vegas bluffed interest to raise prices. Winnipeg bluffed homecoming desire.
Nashville takes Stone?

Reactions: Pongs21

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
A leaked rumour that Winnipeg-boy Stone wants to only sign in Winnipeg would certainly diminish Vegas willingness to part with their top end prospects like Glass... if, of course, that were true.

and that is the million dollar question, I have heard that yes he would like to play here but I have also heard that the opposite is true

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If I was going to get the same money whether I played in Vegas or by family I'd rather be in the same city as my family. As he is 27 and that's the age most players start having family and I'd much rather grandma babysits then some stranger. Hopefully, that's his mindset too.

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
I like having a gm that wont overpay. Chevy will have his price and wont go over. If vegas does, then stone goes there - no biggie. Not going to lose any sleep watching vegas spend their cap and trade their future to try to thwart us. Chevy will just go plan b and get what he wants somewhere else like last year. Besides, we have the horses to beat anyone, stone or no stone.

Reactions: Snowman

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
If I was going to get the same money whether I played in Vegas or by family I'd rather be in the same city as my family. As he is 27 and that's the age most players start having family and I'd much rather grandma babysits then some stranger. Hopefully, that's his mindset too.

That's exactly what i did around that age though im not a professional hockey player with millions of dollars involve on the table.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I don't know if were going to get Stone or Duchene but this teams needs someone to give them a shot in the arm. Theyre playing uninterested lazy hockey and have been for quite a while now. Two loses in a week against Ottawa. That is a team the Jets should absolutely burry. Avalanche too. It seems like theyre resting on their laurels, expecting to make the playoffs. Someone should tell Wheeler to pump the brakes.

Reactions: roccerfeller

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
At this point should we even be looking at a trade? Something is definitely off and we would be lucky to make it past the first round. We can’t even beat bottom feeders right now

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
At this point should we even be looking at a trade? Something is definitely off and we would be lucky to make it past the first round. We can’t even beat bottom feeders right now

Neither can Toronto. Nashville has lost some bad games to bottom feeders too. Just the way she goes. Can't win every single game.

folix

Jul 24, 2011

Yeah you go from rentals to shake up. Problem is the ship is sinking and the coach is refusing to inflate the life boats

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't agree that Perreault has been bad this year. He has performed well in the roles given to him. But I'm pretty sure he won't be here next season.

I would not add him to a package that is probably already too high. I would swap him in for a lesser piece to improve the package. I think that would be an ideal way of giving it that last little push to get it done.
Perreault has been pretty bad lately.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Dorion is trying for too much. Chevy will wait. According to the 'insiders' Dorion is also still trying to sign all of his UFA's. Don't know if there is anything to that or not. I think it is more likely just Dorion holding firm on his too high ask. He will have to budge when the deadline is close.
Dorion leaks rumours constantly to try to influence the market. Best to ignore most of the rumours and wait and see what Chevy does.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Whileee

May 29, 2010
it's probably close but i think Tolvanen is a more highly regarded prospect, but i dont watch him so i have 0 clue. WPG & NSHs 1sts will be within a few spots of each other so likely a wash
I might be in the minority but I've always preferred Vesalainen to Tolvanen. They both have a good skillset and great shots, but Vesalainen is a much better skater and is much bigger. I think his game will translate to the NHL better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad