Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So a team could easily keep their player knowing they are a rental because if X happens that player then belongs to the other team. That just gives a team one extra top 6 player or top 4 D.

I don't think the league would approve a deal with that provision in it. Just my guess. You would effectively have a player playing for one team while belonging to another.

If that could be allowed, then so could us borrowing McD from the Oilers, just for the POs. Give something in consideration and insure against injury etc.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't think the league would approve a deal with that provision in it. Just my guess. You would effectively have a player playing for one team while belonging to another.

If that could be allowed, then so could us borrowing McD from the Oilers, just for the POs. Give something in consideration and insure against injury etc.
Can't blame a guy for thinking outside the box!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Why? Whats he done to show hes worth keeping? He might be a 2 center one day? Doubt it. Jets see him as a winger. His production 5 on 5 isn't good.
His production numbers aren't very good with Laine. He set Laine up with 2 perfect opportunities in the slot last game. If Laine was finishing at a higher rate the number of assists Roslovic would go up.
@Mortimer Snerd, see lots of people want to get rid of him, I'm trying to keep him. After all, he's more valuable than Vesa who has no chance of being a center. Who has a bad attitude.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The closer this thing gets to the deadline, the better it might be for us.

Ottawa might be pressured to take the best offer by then otherwise they’ll get nothing for their UFAs.

Even it’s not as strong as our previous offer(s), on deadline day Dorion will be under the gun and might take it on the run.

That works both ways. Dorion has more than just our offer. Now, if some teams get their man elsewhere and drop out, it could get interesting.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Skeptical means there's still a chance. We will be taken to the cleaners over Trouba and return won't be half as good as we give for Stone.
We won't be taken to the cleaners for Trouba. How is the Trouba return going to be 50% or less of the acquisition cost given up for Stone?

Stone doesn't want to re-sign in OTT, Trouba might not want to sign here.

Trouba has 1 more RFA negotiating off-season, Stone does not.

Both are excellent players at their position, id argue top pairing RHD is more coveted league wide

Reactions: Huffer and Snowman

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I thought I remember seeing an interview, although can’t recall specifically which one, think maybe it was hometown hockey night, and that Stastny really did want to stay in Winnipeg. He liked the direction they were going and thought he could contribute but after really thinking about it opted against resigning because he didn’t want to handicap them cap wise. He knew the young crew on ELCs were needing to be signed and decided to screw up Vegas’ cap instead.

:laugh: Thanks Paul.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This almost never happens in trade negotiations. The Gm, assistant GM, Director of Scouting and multiple scouts in town for 4 nights watching 4 games and all of it right out in the open.

I don't usually pay any attention to the idea that scouts in attendance means anything. Maybe 40 years ago when each team had only 2 scouts. Or was that 50 years ago?

But I don't think I have ever heard of such a full court press before.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
didn't see if this was posted...

Well, obviously if Chevy was to trade for Stone and wants to sign him long term, he has to make room for him. Only way to make room is going to be moving warm bodies out.,

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There really does seem to be a ton of smoke with this one. Very curious on how this all plays out.

So Dax how big could this thing get?

If it extends to players with jobs in the NHL and term? Pretty damn big, is possible.

Lets see .......... (cue dream music) Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Chabot, White
for
1st, Petan, Stanley, Connor,Roslovic, Samberg (sorry Whileee, we need to give up a LD for Chabot :laugh: )

Either we got very, very good, or we became the Ottawa Senators. :laugh:

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Well, obviously if Chevy was to trade for Stone and wants to sign him long term, he has to make room for him. Only way to make room is going to be moving warm bodies out.,

Are they putting glass or brannstrom on the table

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Just watching the WheatKing/PA game having a text conversation with a buddy spitballing on what may go down.

So a few weeks ago I heard about the potential for Stone coming to Winnipeg and signing here. It just seemed far fetched because of what would have to do this off season.

So anyway it just seems Ottawa leaked what the Jets were offering for Stone, 2019 1st+Petan + Stanley. I guess in an effort to get more interest. We speculated that there is a lot of interest in him but he may ONLY want to come to Winnipeg. Now there is a lot of chatter that the Jets want a bigger deal so I assume that includes Duchene. What they have to give up for that? Seems the Sens really want Roslovic and Comrie in return. So I gather something like 2019 1st+Roslo+Comrie+Petan+Stanley + Another Roster player.

It just seems really complicated to make a deal like that and gut your system without making sure Stone is going to sign back here. We also think they are going to restock up by moving Trouba and possiblely a winger at this years draft but that is just us spitballin.

:laugh: That's a lot of spit! Better have another beer.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Does Vegas even have that much more cap space then us?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
We won't be taken to the cleaners for Trouba. How is the Trouba return going to be 50% or less of the acquisition cost given up for Stone?

Stone doesn't want to re-sign in OTT, Trouba might not want to sign here.

Trouba has 1 more RFA negotiating off-season, Stone does not.

Both are excellent players at their position, id argue top pairing RHD is more coveted league wide
Ya, I agree. I think a re-signed Trouba should bring back a good 2C plus a substantial add.
That or Trochek plus Matheson or Tippett for a re-signed Trouba and a 2nd.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Just watching the WheatKing/PA game having a text conversation with a buddy spitballing on what may go down.

So a few weeks ago I heard about the potential for Stone coming to Winnipeg and signing here. It just seemed far fetched because of what would have to do this off season.

So anyway it just seems Ottawa leaked what the Jets were offering for Stone, 2019 1st+Petan + Stanley. I guess in an effort to get more interest. We speculated that there is a lot of interest in him but he may ONLY want to come to Winnipeg. Now there is a lot of chatter that the Jets want a bigger deal so I assume that includes Duchene. What they have to give up for that? Seems the Sens really want Roslovic and Comrie in return. So I gather something like 2019 1st+Roslo+Comrie+Petan+Stanley + Another Roster player.

It just seems really complicated to make a deal like that and gut your system without making sure Stone is going to sign back here. We also think they are going to restock up by moving Trouba and possiblely a winger at this years draft but that is just us spitballin.

What if the bigger deal is not for Duchene? How about Stone + White? I know there is a little fantasy talk here now about Chabot but that would be a blockbuster. Maybe Dorion then ups his last best offer to Duchene by 500k/yr and keeps him. Just spitballin'.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
What if the bigger deal is not for Duchene? How about Stone + White? I know there is a little fantasy talk here now about Chabot but that would be a blockbuster. Maybe Dorion then ups his last best offer to Duchene by 500k/yr and keeps him. Just spitballin'.

Ottawa isn't trading any of its youth. The bigger deal would be a Stone+Duchene or Stone+Dzingel or something of that nature.

I don't know what to make of Vegas stepping in. They don't have the cap space to sign Stone. They do have a lot of draft picks to trade though

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ottawa isn't trading any of its youth. The bigger deal would be a Stone+Duchene or Stone+Dzingel or something of that nature.

I don't know what to make of Vegas stepping in. They don't have the cap space to sign Stone. They do have a lot of draft picks to trade though

That is the obvious - but if youth is coming back, why not?

Vegas is a spoiler. Chevy must have ****ed in GMGM's cornflakes when they were children or something.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
It seems like GMGM hates Chevy. Maybe Chevy hit on GMGM's wife or something :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad