Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'm telling you, a re-signed Trouba and Laine for Trochek, Huberdeau, and Ekblad + ...

Reactions: GNP

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh man these proposals.
Here is my guess.
1st, Comrie, Spacek for Duchene.
Petan for a pick.
Sign Stone in summer.
Recoup picks and prospects for Trouba at draft.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Why do you think he's the better player

It's really just my opinion, but he looks "very talented" and has some great moves. He's sort of a fancy player, that can make those miraculous plays. His point per game average is around (1.1) I believe, which is pretty good. I'd also like a guy that can control the center ice position, and set guys up. We'd then have Scheifele and Duchene. I think if Duchene was not hurt and missed about 10-12 games, he'd be in the top 15 in scoring.( maybe top10) ??

With that said -Stone is no slouch as well, and I think he's somewhere in the top 20 in scoring, and his point per game is also decent. There's no doubt he'd be a big plus for the Jets, as their getting nothing from Laine. He doesn't look like a fancy player , skating wise, and play wise, as Duchene is, however he's one of those steady "big point producers" with great talent.

Adding either guy is a winning situation for the Jets , and I do have some reservations about what I hear about Duchene's character, and if he's trouble in the dressing room, your better off not to acquire him. These may be false rumors though, and he won't be causing trouble with guys like Buff and Wheeler around.

In summary -- I just think Duchene is a little more talented -- but I can't say if he's the better fit for the Jets. Chevy and management will decide that, but either guy is a big addition for the Jets. Both have great scoring numbers.

I have a "very strong feeling" that some kind of deal with the Sens is coming down. I guess we'll all wait and see.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Oh man these proposals.
Here is my guess.
1st, Comrie, Spacek for Duchene.
Petan for a pick.
Sign Stone in summer.
Recoup picks and prospects for Trouba at draft.

Just my opinion- but I think to get a Duchene or Stone--the Jet's may let Roslovic go, or somebody good. They are going to have to offer something decent. They could throw in Mathew Perrault as well. I can't see them letting Laine go, at this time tho.

Would not surprise me to see Roslovic traded, to seal the deal. This would only be smart if you knew The Sens player will "resign" otherwise, not a good deal.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Speaking of Enstrom, can we bring him back for our playoff run?

Toby? It's Chevy. Say, are you...

giphy.gif

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
These are all names I've heard could be involved in the stone duch deal.

1st. Petan. Stanley. Comrie. Roslo if Stone signs an extension.

I think id throw in Perreault.

And i think that's more than fair.

3 1sts 2 2nds. Perreault. Overpay maybe but worth it.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Just my opinion- but I think to get a Duchene or Stone--the Jet's may let Roslovic go, or somebody good. They are going to have to offer something decent. They could throw in Mathew Perrault as well. I can't see them letting Laine go, at this time tho.

Would not surprise me to see Roslovic traded, to seal the deal. This would only be smart if you knew The Sens player will "resign" otherwise, not a good deal.
Not smart at all to let Roslo go. Where will you get a potential Center replacement. Roslo might not become that but too early to give up on him.
I think Comrie, Petan, Stanley, a 1st and a 2nd should be enough. If you need to sweeten the deal throw in Perrault or Lemieux. You can even toss in Myers and move Poolman up. I'd even potentially replace Comrie with Broissot and ride Comrie as the back up.

Reactions: roccerfeller

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Good post--I think Roslo goes "for sure" for resigned Stone.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Doesn't sound like enough though from a Sens standpoint.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Way overpay considering we will only get scraps for Trouba. not worth it. We can win without Stone.

folix

Jul 24, 2011

Its a over pay but its a good one. I would honestly make them throw in that AHL centerman everyone is high on as well. This works for both sides this would ONLY work for both sides IF Stone signs here.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Its a over pay but its a good one. I would honestly make them throw in that AHL centerman everyone is high on as well. This works for both sides this would ONLY work for both sides IF Stone signs here.
I'd like it a lot more if there was a centre coming back with Stone if we are losing Roslo. Losing another 1st means we won't be able to draft one. Especially since I see us being taken to the cleaners over Trouba.
We would also lose Connor in bringing in Stone and I have high hopes for Connor.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'd like it a lot more if there was a centre coming back with Stone if we are losing Roslo. Losing another 1st means we won't be able to draft one. Especially since I see us being taken to the cleaners over Trouba.
We would also lose Connor in bringing in Stone and I have high hopes for Connor.
could gain a Centre prospect & picks in an offseason trouba deal. im skeptical about Roslo being a c

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
could gain a Centre prospect & picks in an offseason trouba deal. im skeptical about Roslo being a c
Skeptical means there's still a chance. We will be taken to the cleaners over Trouba and return won't be half as good as we give for Stone.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hard to say. He's made moves well before the deadline before. Stats he waited for but the rest he made before Stempniak, Tlusty as examples.

Dorion is trying for too much. Chevy will wait. According to the 'insiders' Dorion is also still trying to sign all of his UFA's. Don't know if there is anything to that or not. I think it is more likely just Dorion holding firm on his too high ask. He will have to budge when the deadline is close.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Exactly, he's not lasting on this team beyond the summer anyways. If it helps us get both then we might as well move him now.

I don't agree that Perreault has been bad this year. He has performed well in the roles given to him. But I'm pretty sure he won't be here next season.

I would not add him to a package that is probably already too high. I would swap him in for a lesser piece to improve the package. I think that would be an ideal way of giving it that last little push to get it done.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Is Nashville's offer of Tolvanen and a 1st much better than Ves and a 1st? Neither have done anything at NHL level. If we had to add you'd think it would be a small add. Say Perrault who would bring back a second in the off-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad