Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Ehlers and a healthy Buff will give the team a jolt.

I think a 2nd tier rental like Zuccarello, Dzingel, Johansson, etc. will also be fine. If the price is exhorbitant for Stone and Duchene, or even Hayes, then the Jets should pass on them.
The more I hear about Vesalainen, the more I'd make him available in talks for Duchene/Stone. I want a cup.

You might be right on that one. Dorion knows no bounds on what can be leaked to the talking heads. He is pretty much the polar opposite of Chevy.
Yep, Dorion is the king of leaking info to the media.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
The more I hear about Vesalainen, the more I'd make him available in talks for Duchene/Stone. I want a cup.

Yep, Dorion is the king of leaking info to the media.

He needs to feel like he is in control somehow. :laugh:

He hasn't been able to get into Chevy's head, so he is trying to rattle his cage.

Good luck with that, Melnyk's Pool Boy...

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
What do we get back for Trouba? A top 4 D which we are already losing in Niku + a center prospect we are already losing in Rosie. + something else?
As we are already losing all that for Stone a winger. And ppl keep saying D are more valuable. So why are we giving up Niku?

I would wait to see how this Ottawa thing works out until we decipher what we are going to do in the summer. We have no idea what parts are moving which way. Who knows, Chevy may have fandangled a Chabot deal (oh man that would be t!ts). I’ll wait til the off season before worrying about gaps to fill on moves that may or may not be happening now.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Off-season trade...
Trouba for Trochek and we switch 1st round picks...do we do it?
I'd do it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ehlers and a healthy Buff will give the team a jolt.

I think a 2nd tier rental like Zuccarello, Dzingel, Johansson, etc. will also be fine. If the price is exhorbitant for Stone and Duchene, or even Hayes, then the Jets should pass on them.

I love Stone but hell Yea if a fair deal can’t be found you move on.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Uh oh guys. Eklund just gave Stone to Winnipeg an (e4). Guess it’s not happening...

I pretty much guess that this isn't going to happen anyways.

I think Chevy will make a move no one saw coming again. That sounds like his style. :nod:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
W
Yeah you go from rentals to shake up. Problem is the ship is sinking and the coach is refusing to inflate the life boats
Yep we have one stubborn coach I'll tell you! Only way he'll try anything different to fix stuff is if he's totally backed into a corner with injuries or Chevy gets rid of his pets. Any other coach would have tried something different with Scheif/Wheels by now to split up the totally inept Laine-Little combo, but only listens to a couple guys on the team & if they say they want to be kept together forever, thats the way it will be until injuries dictate otherwise.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If I was going to get the same money whether I played in Vegas or by family I'd rather be in the same city as my family. As he is 27 and that's the age most players start having family and I'd much rather grandma babysits then some stranger. Hopefully, that's his mindset too.

There are all kinds in this world. We shouldn't expect everybody to be interested in or attracted to the same things.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know if were going to get Stone or Duchene but this teams needs someone to give them a shot in the arm. Theyre playing uninterested lazy hockey and have been for quite a while now. Two loses in a week against Ottawa. That is a team the Jets should absolutely burry. Avalanche too. It seems like theyre resting on their laurels, expecting to make the playoffs. Someone should tell Wheeler to pump the brakes.

He's been pumping them since pre-season. Someone should tell Wheeler to get off of the brakes. Pump the gas!

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Well we are most likely getting worse next season when we make room for the raises so what’s your plan? What do you think changed from last season when we were dominant, I am not being a smart ass it’s a serious question.

Fantasy world time you are now the GM for a post you give me your take and plan for what to do now and why and I will give you mine if you care to play along.
I'll play that game. Reverting back to Whilleees plan pretty much. Maybe get a guy like Staal for a 2nd this TD & perhaps some depth on D. In the offseason trade Connor/Ehlers for a dang good D like Pesce. Trade Trouba for a good C &/or prospects. Sign up Stone (or if not available Duchene) as a FA.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad