Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
could be something could be nothing but the whole this is both exciting and nerve wracking.

It seems pretty strange to see two gm’s rumoured to be talking trade to be seen meeting so much in plain sight hah. It sometimes happens at the draft but it’s pretty unique

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
are we there yet.png

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

The fact they are talking and in town still means something but Dorian could be using the Jets offer as leaverage to get a richer deal done with other teams. The possibilities are endless and Ottawa with their ownership are a bit unpredictable so I will believe it when I see it.

This isn’t boring though :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Didn't see this posted, my bad if so Jets fam

This was the lad who broke the Matthews deal. So maybe he knows stuff?

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 4.31.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 4.31.49 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 4.31.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 4.31.59 PM.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: ps241

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
if Canes want a Connor level player for Pesce straight up they can find a young 22 year old Forward on pace for another 30 goal year elsewhere. Chevy is not going to get Hall for Larsson'd here. It would be Pesce+Significant piece (& im not talking about a 3rd pairing RD in TVR). KC would be 2nd on there team in goals and would have been 1st last year. Just because the Canes foolishly sold their previous 30 goal scorer for cheap doesn't mean we should supply them another one just like that. Connor would have tremendous league-wide value if made available.

Necas for Trouba is an ok starting point, but again, need a significant add. Wouldn't deal Trouba to the Canes either. There are more desperate teams looking for a 25 year old top pairing RHD that scores at the efficiency rates that Trouba has demonstrated.

Trouba is less than full value? Perhaps, it's speculative but not 100% for sure, same could have been said for Evander Kane who tried to get traded every year & was a locker room disaster and Bogosian who was a 5M+ band-aid and look at the haul Chevy got for them.

OK, fine. Add a better piece to Pesce for Connor. I don't mind. But if you ask for too much, where else are you going to get a Trouba replacement and what will it cost?

What did Kane get when traded as a pending UFA?
2018-Feb-26 Traded from Buffalo Sabres to San Jose Sharks for Daniel O'Regan, conditional round 1 pick in the 2019 draft and conditional round 4 pick in the 2020 draft
Look for something in that neighbourhood. That 1st was conditional on an extension and is likely to be a very late 1st.

You're right that my saying he is less than full value is somewhat speculative but so is the idea that he will still bring full value. Even what that full value might be is speculative. It can't be known until it happens. I'm quite convinced that his value is down. We'll see.

Who are these desperate teams wanting Trouba? Do they believe they will be able to sign him? Do they have the cap space and the assets to send to us? There are a lot of things that need to come together.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
could be something could be nothing but the whole thing is both exciting and nerve wracking.

Yes, I have to admit, it is fun - similar to draft day. I hope I don't come away feeling like I did when Logan Stanley was called. :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If it is true BIG IF........That seems like an odd deal......why would Stone sign a 5 year deal to stay in Ottawa from when he was 27 to 31 eating up his best years while they are rebuilding?

Sign and trade to Winnipeg? :huh:

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If Isles and Sabres are also in on Duchene, who do they have that would make any trade enticing for the Sens? Over us?
NYI is sort of my sleeper team to be players for Duchene.... need of a top 6C to go along Barzal, solid prospect depth and huge cap space next year. they can work a trade + extension

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
That seems like an odd deal......why would Stone sign a 5 year deal to stay in Ottawa from when he was 27 to 31 eating up his best years while they are rebuilding?

Sign and trade to Winnipeg? :huh:
5 x 9.5M is to much for Stone imo

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
W

Yep we have one stubborn coach I'll tell you! Only way he'll try anything different to fix stuff is if he's totally backed into a corner with injuries or Chevy gets rid of his pets. Any other coach would have tried something different with Scheif/Wheels by now to split up the totally inept Laine-Little combo, but only listens to a couple guys on the team & if they say they want to be kept together forever, thats the way it will be until injuries dictate otherwise.

He waits for the last minutes.

Like elimination game against the knights to make changes, to late.

Chevy needs to force him.

Took little injury to make scheifele #1 om this team.

Reactions: CaptainChef

Whileee

May 29, 2010
My take

If they were going to get a deal done with Stone it would have happened last off season. Mark Stone is going to be 27 next season why would a high end pending UFA pass on a deal last off season and risk injury this season to turn around now and sign up for a full rebuild on a team with really sketchy ownership challenges?

Dorian’s last gasp at either a negotiating ploy or some PR spin to the Sens fan base.
Jets couldn't fit him under the cap this season without giving up one or two core players. Makes more sense for the Jets to acquire at the TDL and then extend because they can fit the entire roster plus Stone under the cap for the stretch drive and playoffs.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Isles and Sabres are also in on Duchene, who do they have that would make any trade enticing for the Sens? Over us?

Isles - Beauvillier, Maybe? Wahlstrom? Dobson or Wilde might look pretty good beside Chabot. Picks, Bellows, Aho all might be possible.
Sabres - Thompson, Scandella, Beaulieu, Guhle, Nylander, picks.

Just throwing out names in a hurry. Really don't know.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well we are most likely getting worse next season when we make room for the raises so what’s your plan? What do you think changed from last season when we were dominant, I am not being a smart ass it’s a serious question.

Fantasy world time you are now the GM for a post you give me your take and plan for what to do now and why and I will give you mine if you care to play along.

:laugh: Already did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad