Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
OK, fine. Add a better piece to Pesce for Connor. I don't mind. But if you ask for too much, where else are you going to get a Trouba replacement and what will it cost?

What did Kane get when traded as a pending UFA?

Look for something in that neighbourhood. That 1st was conditional on an extension and is likely to be a very late 1st.

You're right that my saying he is less than full value is somewhat speculative but so is the idea that he will still bring full value. Even what that full value might be is speculative. It can't be known until it happens. I'm quite convinced that his value is down. We'll see.

Who are these desperate teams wanting Trouba? Do they believe they will be able to sign him? Do they have the cap space and the assets to send to us? There are a lot of things that need to come together.

Neither Connor or Trouba are pending UFAs. Connor was also a better player+person than Kane at the time, and Trouba was a vastly superior player to Bogo at the time so id expect a better return too

Like i said, if they don't like the price for Connor that's fine. A 22 year old 30 goal scorer has tremendous value, Pesce+2019 1st depending on where they pick (if they go deep in the POs we'd have to reconvene on the additional pieces though).

and Trouba to Philly or FLA or NYI, it depends - Chevy would need to find a team in the States he's willing to extend with. Drouin got traded to a team that he was willing to extend with for Sergachev it's not impossible.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Maybe Dorion is talking terms with Stone's camp as a precursor to letting Chevy talk to them. He'll probably only give an acquiring team a window of a few hours to close a deal with the agent, so Dorion will have to know that the two parties can be in the general neighbourhood on terms. Just spitballing.

Reactions: HannuJ and KingBogo

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Normally if the owners is involve in the meeting, its the money involve already. Big amount that needs their authorization.

Might have some sort of agreement which players to move. But doesnt mean there is a deal already.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Normally if the owners is involve in the meeting, its the money involve already. Big amount that needs their authorization.

Might have some sort of agreement which players to move. But doesnt mean there is a deal already.

Think Chevy involves Chipper on any big move. He's a sounding board as much as anything.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Assistant GM and Pro Scout of the Jets to watch Florida vs Montreal.

Anyone think that the Jets might try to address their Trouba situation before the TDL along with acquiring a big fish like Stone on the rental market?

Let's get crazy...

Trouba to Panthers for Huberdeau.

Connor to Canes for Pesce +.

Stone to Wpg for 1st and prospects.

Reactions: ps241

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This all seems so opposite of how Chevy works , so much seemingly out in the open . Maybe because it's a huge trade , just seems so different .:dunno:

Reactions: Flair Hay

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Maybe they need Chipman in the discussions if there is big up front signing bonuses each season.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Yes, but it is giving Dundon what he said he wanted. Exciting offensive players. I assume the belief is that they will sell tickets. One of 'Canes assets right now is cap room.

Make some other proposal to get us RHD and strong top 6 C for the next 5 years.

I thought of Faulk instead of TVR but I think he will he harder to retain beyond next year. He is also maybe a little more than we need. And I think TVR is a little underrated. But maybe it looks better to Dundon because of salary and is more player value for us, IDK.

The value looks good to me, but the specifics don't matter. What I am getting at is attacking our real, immediate and long term issues with some vigour, or boldness. I would rather see Chevy's aggressiveness focused that way than focused on trying to load up for the play-offs every year.
You want bold? I'm prepared to ship then Laine for a boatload. Sure, it may come back to bite us, but thats one team that has enough defensive & other good young player/prospects to get us well over the hump. And do this right, we clear up our caps issues, make us more than competitive for the next few years & best of all extend our window.
Yes, Laine is a huge dilema & a trading him is a huge gamble, but if we need to do something like shipping off Connor or Ehlers +++ to make the cap work anyway, lets go all in to make our team competitive. And yes losing a goal scorer like Laine would hurt immensely, but Connor, Ehlers & Scheif aren't chopped liver in that department either.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Maybe Dorion is talking terms with Stone's camp as a precursor to letting Chevy talk to them. He'll probably only give an acquiring team a window of a few hours to close a deal with the agent, so Dorion will have to know that the two parties can be in the general neighbourhood on terms. Just spitballing.
the problem is that this makes a lot of sense.
Chipman being there is also interesting. you wonder what kind of move (in a cap league) would require an owner's blessing.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Anyone think that the Jets might try to address their Trouba situation before the TDL along with acquiring a big fish like Stone on the rental market?

Let's get crazy...

that's a lot of cap to take on. that's nearly 17M coming in and 5.5+ELC going out, plus Stone is getting a 2M+ raise reportedly (9.5M x 5)

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
If the Sens can get pen to paper on a Stone deal with the intent of trading him to the Jets it might explain Chipman and the cap guy, this could be a truly huge and complex deal then again it could be a bunch of smoke

Reactions: Flair Hay

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Chipman being there is also interesting. you wonder what kind of move (in a cap league) would require an owner's blessing.
Lot's of the money up front in signing bonuses' especially during a likely lockout season.

Reactions: HannuJ

Whileee

May 29, 2010
TSN should switch their Trade Centre extravaganza to tomorrow. Looks like a lot of the moves are more likely tomorrow than a week from tomorrow.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Let's get crazy...

This made me dizzy :laugh:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Anything that is above the set internet budget at the beginning of the year requires usually an owners approval specially if its huge amount of money involve. SOP

This is one of them, might not be just a ufa trade. Which i think most Jets fans would accept a sign and trade deal.

Then again Sens GM might say still no deal in the end and take his trade to preds and knights

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Neither Connor or Trouba are pending UFAs. Connor was also a better player+person than Kane at the time, and Trouba was a vastly superior player to Bogo at the time so id expect a better return too

Like i said, if they don't like the price for Connor that's fine. A 22 year old 30 goal scorer has tremendous value, Pesce+2019 1st depending on where they pick (if they go deep in the POs we'd have to reconvene on the additional pieces though).

and Trouba to Philly or FLA or NYI, it depends - Chevy would need to find a team in the States he's willing to extend with. Drouin got traded to a team that he was willing to extend with for Sergachev it's not impossible.

Jeez, that buffalo trade was 5 years ago! Both Bogo and Kane were under contract for a relatively long term.

What I have proposed is a helluva lot more value than what we got from Buffalo for EK & Bogo so I am just baffled why you are bringing that up.

Trouba is, for all practical purposes a pending UFA. The rest of this year and that is what he will be.

OK, maybe the value for KC is better at Pesce + 1st. They should pick somewhere in the middle of the pack. I'm not sure that is more value than TVR. I think he is underrated. But I could be wrong. That pick wouldn't do anything for us next year. I think TVR would give us a pretty strong right side. If we keep him, we are better prepared for Buff declining, or leaving after 2 years.

If we don't take back 2 RHD then Trouba to Carolina falls apart completely. That doesn't bother you because you think you would have no trouble getting better elsewhere. I'm skeptical. It also ***** up my whole plan if we have to wait till the off-season to move Trouba. We are not setting up for this years PO's by having Pesce added to our right side plus a 1st when meanwhile we are down KC at LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad