Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Lets do this

Roslovic Perreault (cap) Comrie for extended Stone

Petan Stanley 1st for Duch (rental) Petan likely has no value so this is the Stastny trade.

I think I'd be ok with that as i think Stone replaces Roslo anyways

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler
Laine Duch Stone
Connor Copp Little
Lemieux Lowry Tanev.

Apples upstairs.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm not entirely sure but I hear Stone wants to be here and if he plans on signing an extension the Sens know about it and will be looking for compensation as if he was a straight up trade with term though obviously not full value. If this is true and a big if, Stone likely wants to be here long term. I have also heard Duchene may be being worked on as a pure rental but that it may be a lot more difficult for the Jets to get both. I should note that last part is very speculative by my sources.

All Jets fan should give him round of applause and duchene when they come out on the ice for their pre game skate.

Then boo those 2 the first time they touch the puck in the game.

They will probably get a laugh out of it and have them feel the Jets barn more, and thry can imagine how it will be like if they are on the right side.

:)

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This is Big Joe

No, this is Big Joe. :DD

roundtop003.JPG

Reactions: Stej and ps241

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Just watching the WheatKing/PA game having a text conversation with a buddy spitballing on what may go down.

So a few weeks ago I heard about the potential for Stone coming to Winnipeg and signing here. It just seemed far fetched because of what would have to do this off season.

So anyway it just seems Ottawa leaked what the Jets were offering for Stone, 2019 1st+Petan + Stanley. I guess in an effort to get more interest. We speculated that there is a lot of interest in him but he may ONLY want to come to Winnipeg. Now there is a lot of chatter that the Jets want a bigger deal so I assume that includes Duchene. What they have to give up for that? Seems the Sens really want Roslovic and Comrie in return. So I gather something like 2019 1st+Roslo+Comrie+Petan+Stanley + Another Roster player.

It just seems really complicated to make a deal like that and gut your system without making sure Stone is going to sign back here. We also think they are going to restock up by moving Trouba and possiblely a winger at this years draft but that is just us spitballin.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Lets do this

Petan Stanley 1st for Duch (rental) Petan likely has no value so this is the Stastny trade.

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler
Laine Duch Stone
Connor Copp Little
Lemieux Lowry Tanev.

Apples upstairs.

I am aroused by this line up.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Just watching the WheatKing/PA game having a text conversation with a buddy spitballing on what may go down.

So a few weeks ago I heard about the potential for Stone coming to Winnipeg and signing here. It just seemed far fetched because of what would have to do this off season.

So anyway it just seems Ottawa leaked what the Jets were offering for Stone, 2019 1st+Petan + Stanley. I guess in an effort to get more interest. We speculated that there is a lot of interest in him but he may ONLY want to come to Winnipeg. Now there is a lot of chatter that the Jets want a bigger deal so I assume that includes Duchene. What they have to give up for that? Seems the Sens really want Roslovic and Comrie in return. So I gather something like 2019 1st+Roslo+Comrie+Petan+Stanley + Another Roster player.

It just seems really complicated to make a deal like that and gut your system without making sure Stone is going to sign back here. We also think they are going to restock up by moving Trouba and possiblely a winger at this years draft but that is just us spitballin.

That is a lot of moving parts.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Heard similar things. Honestly we shouldn't do this deal without some sort of certainty that someone is signing.

Reactions: Jets 31

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
People I know(don't work for the Jets mind you) believe the Jets/Sens are working on something big, I think we will have more clarity this weekend.

My three year old son goes to sleep with two fingers in his mouth, a blanket and stuffed bear. He sleeps soundly through the night.

I am going to try that for the next three nights...or ten..whatever is required...I mean if it works for him to self-soothe...who am I to knock it...

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

As long as Stone is extended I don’t mind that deal at all. Depends on what that other roster piece is I guess but we would be insanely loaded this year.

Connor Scheif Wheeler
Laine Duchene Stone
Perreault little Ehlers
Copp Lowry Tanev/Appleton

Reactions: Jets 31

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I have a nightmare that nothing happens and I look like a big dope on these boards

I think your pretty safe....given the Jets brass have been hosting them for a week and had them view 5 games between the Moose and Jets....plus.....are the jets young stars now going to play in Belleville? I heard earlier the Penticton tournament is over....maybe a little trade sweetener there..

Last edited:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016

That's pretty complicated for a deadline deal. I wonder if the bigger deal has to do with getting him pre signed?

I just can't imagine having 3 of the current roster players off the roster in ten days, but I tend to get attached to them as well. I'd feel bad if we pulled a Boston-on-Wheeler to one of our young guys.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
I have a nightmare that nothing happens and I look like a big dope on these boards
Lots of conversations and discussions in the NHL never amount to anything, as they're just that - discussions. Clearly there's something going on otherwise you wouldn't have the majority of the Sens' brass watching a full week of Jets/Moose hockey.

That being said, it certainly isn't the only thing in play. I would honestly consider it awful if Ottawa traded both Duchene and Stone and only came away the Jets' prospects. Problem is, I would imagine Jets are thinking "if we don't get Duchene, Nashville will".

Ottawa can overhaul their prospects cupboard in the blink of an eye... and yet it still wouldn't guarantee that they would have a solid team 3-5 years from now. But not trading certainly lowers their chances. Only risk is your job, really.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Man I am just loving the possibilities of that line up!

Last edited by a moderator:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Lets do this

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler
Laine Duch Stone
Connor Copp Little
Lemieux Lowry Tanev.

Apples upstairs.

I would like to live in the world you live in.

Reactions: Deku

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Connor is. Rosie might not be. Not something I agree with but it could end up being the cost of getting a signed Stone.
Once again, why should Chevy pay more for a signed Stone. If Stone is happy to sign long term with the Jets then acquire him for a rental price and extend his contract the day after the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad