Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hearing a lot of talk that there is a very big deal coming down the pipeline. Jesus the anticipation is killing me.
To be honest, I hope it's not overpaying for a high end rental. The Jets can't lose the plot in terms of their future. Now, if they can find a way to get Chabot in a big deal (maybe including Connor and or Roslovic), we might be onto something.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why wouldn't the Jets say the Sens got fair market value for the rental. They are only getting an additional player/prospect at the time of the signing. If Stone doesn't sign, they don't get the extra add.
If Chevy is confident he can sign Stone, then tell Dorion to pound sand if he tries to get a conditional boost in trade value. Remember, if the Jets have an inside track on signing Stone long term, it should not only reduce their need to get a sign and trade value, but also might diminish his value to other teams if they see his value as a pure rental.

Reactions: Highway1

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What's Petan's value right now? Is it even as high as a 3rd round pick? The Oilers could do much better than that for Puljujarvi.

Seriously, what would you give for him? He looks great in the AHL, useless in the NHL. Pretty close to busting already - except that at his age, nobody is a bust - yet.

He doesn't have long until he will require waivers to be sent down. I think they should have sent him down quite a while ago - and leave him there. Don't bring him back after a few good AHL games. But the Oil still don't seem to have figured that out.

He certainly seemed to have everything he needed to succeed. Maybe it isn't too late in another org. But how much is any GM going to risk on him?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've been hearing some stuff about this. Can't put any weight on it due to the sources but I do wonder if the Jets are considering it. It would be an all in move.

It would that!

I don't like rentals.

I also don't like half-measures.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
if done, please no Niku going back the other way

OTT would be silly to send both in the same deal imo

By doing that they might get fewer pieces in total - but 1 of the pieces might be significantly better than any piece they would get from 2 deals.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
By doing that they might get fewer pieces in total - but 1 of the pieces might be significantly better than any piece they would get from 2 deals.
this is true, however i dont think that's smart from us for 2 rentals to unload the farm

i think they can get a 1st+Tolvanen/KV level prospect for each player, perhaps another small asset for Stone given that he's better (although Duchene plays a more coveted position)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Maybe Stone told Dorion that he wants to be a Jet which is sorta forcing Dorion to make a deal with Chevy .

Reactions: KingBogo

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Maybe Stone told Dorion that he wants to be a Jet which is sorta forcing Dorion to make a deal with Chevy .
This may be delusional thinking but the idea has crossed my mind too ;) The Sens-Jets dialog just seems to be more "exclusive" than it would be normally in a situation in like this.

Reactions: Jets 31

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
This does make for intrigue and drama in February which is fun. Not sure what will come of it but it has a vibe.
Yeah it's just fun! I don't think we need an addition but it's very entertaining and I'm not worried that Chevy will screw up the locker room or cap

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Stone doesn't have any trade or movement clauses. If Dorion wants top dollar it's gotta be a sign and trade, in which case you'd be right!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You know stuff too Dax? Was not aware. Been here since the move but man do I feel out of the loop sometimes. :laugh:

Canadien bias :sarcasm:

My sources are all over the place but not completely reliable. :laugh:
I'm more knowledgeable in the prospect department.

Reactions: Duke749

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Duchene-Stone
Connor-Little-Perreault
TLC

I think 1st+Roslovic goes in a Stone (with Extension)+Duchene (rental) deal

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This may be delusional thinking but the idea has crossed my mind too ;) The Sens-Jets dialog just seems to be more "exclusive" than it would be normally in a situation in like this.

This almost never happens in trade negotiations. The Gm, assistant GM, Director of Scouting and multiple scouts in town for 4 nights watching 4 games and all of it right out in the open.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This almost never happens in trade negotiations. The Gm, assistant GM, Director of Scouting and multiple scouts in town for 4 nights watching 4 games and all of it right out in the open.
There really does seem to be a ton of smoke with this one. Very curious on how this all plays out.

So Dax how big could this thing get?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
To be honest, I hope it's not overpaying for a high end rental. The Jets can't lose the plot in terms of their future. Now, if they can find a way to get Chabot in a big deal (maybe including Connor and or Roslovic), we might be onto something.

Boy, if we could get Chabot that easily I’d do a backflip.

Reactions: jgimp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad