Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Not only that but hard to argue that Tanev and Lowry are worse offensively than Lemieux and Appleseed. Also Perrault has got minutes with Laine and Little and they haven't exactly lit it up. They have done no better or worse than Rosie and everyone is already talking about how Rosie is a bust at 21.

Yeah I think Perreault is a good player but I don't think he is any better than Tanev or Copp and at his cap hit, he is the casualty. Both are tracking to be similar players to Perreault and are cheaper, less injury prone and younger.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I respect your takes, but this one is just garbage. Tanev's possession stats plummet whenever he is separated from Lowry. Doesn't work the other way around, though. Tanev hasn't carried anything.

Perreault should play much, much more with better linemates, but Maurice is determined to hinder one of the best play drivers he has at his disposal. And then people ****ing wonder why he has been bad. What do you expect? A guy who can create chances for others gets the two most offensively inept linemated, or is playing fourth line minutes? How do you not see the issue?

Perreault could be our Stone-lite for absolutely no cost attached. Emphasis on lite, granted, but holy ****, this wasting of talent is driving me insane.
Delete.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
From what I know, Stone wants to come here. He also would be interested in signing here long term.

We have a ton of talented forwards up front. We lack what Stone is up front. A big bodied possession winger who is really good in his own end. I think the Jets would be willing to sacrifice one of the other wingers in the off season if it means they keep Stone long term.

Mind you all that depends if they can get him and if he gels with this team.

This is Big Joe

Reactions: Duke749

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Yeah I think Perreault is a good player but I don't think he is any better than Tanev or Copp and at his cap hit, he is the casualty. Both are tracking to be similar players to Perreault and are cheaper, less injury prone and younger.

I really like Copp, but from the numbers Garrett9 have posted he doesn't seem to have the same positive influence on his linemates that MP85 has had, and Tanev isn't even close. Are you arguing for the combo of Copp + Tanev over MP. or that either is capable of replacing him at less cost?

I'm a bit puzzled at all the Duchene love here -- the "locker-room cancer" narrative seems to have followed him for a long time, and I just don't see him as a PoMo/Chevy/True North player. If Stone's in our sights do we need a rental Duchene at any price?

I'm nervous as hell about all this. Wonder if the Jets' uneven play of the past few months is maybe forcing Chevy's hand a bit.

Stastny was also interested in sticking here -- until he wasn't. Plenty of risk here.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This is true. I think I didn't consider it a blockbuster because we only got one player, and it seemed like a pretty standard rental deal (value-wise).

It was unexpected, exciting, and proved to be an excellent move. Last March - May was thrilling, I hope to be watching the Jets even longer this spring.

We will probably have to move Perreault this summer anyways, could be a good deal for us. That being said, it would be tough not to have French Jesus with us for the playoffs this year... probably crushing for him too.

Too bad this isn’t like baseball where he could be a player to be named later :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jets 31

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
From what I know, Stone wants to come here. He also would be interested in signing here long term.

We have a ton of talented forwards up front. We lack what Stone is up front. A big bodied possession winger who is really good in his own end. I think the Jets would be willing to sacrifice one of the other wingers in the off season if it means they keep Stone long term.

Mind you all that depends if they can get him and if he gels with this team.

Yeh Stone brings something we definitely lack on the wing. Could be a very key piece.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I really like Copp, but from the numbers Garrett9 have posted he doesn't seem to have the same positive influence on his linemates that MP85 has had, and Tanev isn't even close. Are you arguing for the combo of Copp + Tanev over MP. or that either is capable of replacing him at less cost?

I'm a bit puzzled at all the Duchene love here -- the "locker-room cancer" narrative seems to have followed him for a long time, and I just don't see him as a PoMo/Chevy/True North player. If Stone's in our sights do we need a rental Duchene at any price?

I'm nervous as hell about all this. Wonder if the Jets' uneven play of the past few months is maybe forcing Chevy's hand a bit.

We have to remember Tanev is 4 years younger than Perreault and Copp is 7 years younger. Both are producing at a similar rate and are much better on the PK. Tanev's entry and exit stats blow Perreaults out of the water and Copp is proving to be a very useful 4th line center in a pinch. Perreault wont even play center anymore because of a nagging injury. Both are right now more valuable to me long term than Perreault.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Can they get Stone as a rental with the agreement that they'll send another prospect, player, pick at the time of Stone signing a long term deal? Like can they give 1st, Stanley, Petan and an agreement to send Roslovic in the off-season if Stone signs an extension?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Can they get Stone as a rental with the agreement that they'll send another prospect, player, pick at the time of Stone signing a long term deal? Like can they give 1st, Stanley, Petan and an agreement to send Roslovic in the off-season if Stone signs an extension?

Never seen it done. Future considerations is a thing so maybe. Usually they just add extra picks for stuff like that.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015

You mean like conditional picks? Not sure I've seen it done with roster players.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

I believe they can. They'd have to agree on a specific player or list for futures.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I believe they can. They'd have to agree on a specific player or list for futures.
So a team could easily keep their player knowing they are a rental because if X happens that player then belongs to the other team. That just gives a team one extra top 6 player or top 4 D.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
So a team could easily keep their player knowing they are a rental because if X happens that player then belongs to the other team. That just gives a team one extra top 6 player or top 4 D.

Doesn't happen often just because adds a variable and there's still a quarter season to play. I'd imagine if the Jets wanted an IOU for say Roslovic, Ottawa would insist on the Jets adding something else to the deal like another pick.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Roslovic for Stone rental seems almost like straight up deal, maybe small add for the Jets. Could add a 1st conditional on re-signing.

The Sens don't have a 1st to add. :sarcasm:
Ohhh! you meant the other way. NO!

You were on the right track when you said straight up. Don't backtrack. :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I wonder if the Sens would include one of their young Defenceman if it would get them one of the Jets A prospects in the Stone deal.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

If he's willing to take league minimum on his next contract and the Oilers take Petan in exchange....

even throw in a 4th round pick.

Not sure if serious or sarcastic - but sadly, that is about right value, I think. Sadly at least for Pulju, if you don't yet pity Oilers fans.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
All depends on the competence of Dorion, which doesn't bode well.

I think he'll try hard to sign them right up until the deadline. He's moved what could be the first overall pick and a few prospects for two seasons of Duchene with no playoffs.

The closer this thing gets to the deadline, the better it might be for us.

Ottawa might be pressured to take the best offer by then otherwise they’ll get nothing for their UFAs.

Even it’s not as strong as our previous offer(s), on deadline day Dorion will be under the gun and might take it on the run.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Doesn't happen often just because adds a variable and there's still a quarter season to play. I'd imagine if the Jets wanted an IOU for say Roslovic, Ottawa would insist on the Jets adding something else to the deal like another pick.
Why wouldn't the Jets say the Sens got fair market value for the rental. They are only getting an additional player/prospect at the time of the signing. If Stone doesn't sign, they don't get the extra add.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Stastny was also interested in sticking here -- until he wasn't. Plenty of risk here.

I thought I remember seeing an interview, although can’t recall specifically which one, think maybe it was hometown hockey night, and that Stastny really did want to stay in Winnipeg. He liked the direction they were going and thought he could contribute but after really thinking about it opted against resigning because he didn’t want to handicap them cap wise. He knew the young crew on ELCs were needing to be signed and decided to screw up Vegas’ cap instead.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I thought I remember seeing an interview, although can’t recall specifically which one, think maybe it was hometown hockey night, and that Stastny really did want to stay in Winnipeg. He liked the direction they were going and thought he could contribute but after really thinking about it opted against resigning because he didn’t want to handicap them cap wise. He knew the young crew on ELCs were needing to be signed and decided to screw up Vegas’ cap instead.
I never knew Stastny was such a generous guy.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe, when Kuli is healthy he is good. It's just he is never healthy.

He played 33 games this year before getting hurt again. This one was minor. He could have played last night. He has mostly played pretty well.

If his value is low and he can't earn his contract we aren't going to be able to trade him without paying someone to take him or retaining a fair amount. So what's the point? One more year to go and then he just disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad