Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There really does seem to be a ton of smoke with this one. Very curious on how this all plays out.

So Dax how big could this thing get?

I'm hearing a lot of stuff. But it could end up being huge if the best case scenario plays out. Worst case scenario is negotiations completely fall apart but all indications point to this being deep in negotiations already. For all we know this could just be a ploy by the Sens to drive up the price of both of their big pieces. It's all being done so publicly which is odd for any negotiations even negotiations potentially this big.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm hearing a lot of stuff. But it could end up being huge if all est case scenario plays out. Worst case scenario is negotiations completely fall apart but all indications point to this being deep in negotiations already. For all we know this could just be a ploy by the Sens to drive up the price of both of their big pieces. It's all being done so publicly which is odd for any negotiations even negotiations potentially this big.
Deep in negotiations suggest the general framework is in place and just the details need to be worked out.

Reactions: Jets 31

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Realistically you’ve got to give up value to get value. I’m fine with Vesalainen (character issues anyway), Lemieux, Appleton, Stanley and (I guess) Samberg leaving. But they better not touch Niku! Would prefer holding onto Samberg and Stanley as well tbh

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah that's what I'm hearing. We know what we want from the Sens, Sens are still digesting what they want from us. Likely why they are in town with all the big guns.
So do you think Stone is exerting pressure on the situation? If Winnipeg is his desired landing spot and he is willing to sign, that truley brings this to a level beyond rental.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Duke749

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Realistically you’ve got to give up value to get value. I’m fine with Vesalainen (character issues anyway), Lemieux, Appleton, Stanley and (I guess) Samberg leaving. But they better not touch Niku! Would prefer holding onto Samberg and Stanley as well tbh

I'd be okay moving any younger guys but Roslovic, Niku or Samberg. Prefer not to move Lemieux, Vesalainen or Appleton as well but it depends on the situation.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So do you think Stone is exerting pressure on the situation? If Winnipeg is his desired landing spot and he is willing to sign, that truley brings this to a level beyond rental.

I'm not entirely sure but I hear Stone wants to be here and if he plans on signing an extension the Sens know about it and will be looking for compensation as if he was a straight up trade with term though obviously not full value. If this is true and a big if, Stone likely wants to be here long term. I have also heard Duchene may be being worked on as a pure rental but that it may be a lot more difficult for the Jets to get both. I should note that last part is very speculative by my sources.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Samberg fits a Mo model more than Niku. Strong in his own end, big is more Mo than super skilled in their end.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not entirely sure but I hear Stone wants to be here and if he plans on signing an extension the Sens know about it and will be looking for compensation as if he was a straight up trade with term though obviously not full value. If this is true and a big if, Stone likely wants to be here long term. I have also heard Duchene may be being worked on as a pure rental but that it may be a lot more difficult for the Jets to get both. I should note that last part is very speculative by my sources.
That's a lot of moving parts and will require something significant going back.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
There's still a salary cap. Jets could fit Stone, but not both under the cap this year.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There's still a salary cap. Jets could fit Stone, but not both under the cap this year.

Both have prorated contracts from now. We have a good portion of deadline space especially since Ehlers and Buff were on IR, if i'm not mistaken we saved some cap in that process that accrues to the end of the season. But you are right we likely have to move some salary the other way. I said it before but I think Perreault could end up being a target. Petan likely goes back which gives us just enough breathing room for both without moving Perreault as well. Either way if we get a signed Stone out of this there will be some moves in the offseason to clear cap.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What names u hearing. Petan Stanley Comrie Rosie and 1st should be enough for both no?

No names yet. I think that's why the Sens big guns are here. They aren't sure what they want yet. But yeah I'd hope that is the most we'd send the other way for both which includes Stone signed.

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
So do you think Ottawa is on Wheelers modified NTC right now? His NTC does not happen until July this year. Scheifele will never be the captain while Wheelers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad