Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I would add Appleton too, although he might just barely be worth considering. I have really liked Apples though. Consider the opportunity he has had when measuring his achievements. If Rosie doesn't make it at 2C then I think he and Apples are near even.

Then there is Lemieux. May also be close to the cut off line. Not quite as skilled as the others but as long as he continues to control his worst impulses the grit he brings is valuable. I'm not anxious to include him either.

All I could see adding would be a little more quantity.

I wonder if Ottawa has interest in one of our 4 underrated dmen? Kovacevik, Gawake, Vallati or Chisholm?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Is it too much to ask for resolution on the Stone thing by the end of the weekend?
Yes.

Jets aren't really in a hurry, and Chevy likes to do his work at deadlines when he can get the best deal possible. My guess is that this will come down to the last day or two before Chevy makes his move.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Also, carried by Lowry. This has been established over a larger sample size. Perreault can carry others, Tanev cannot. Only one of then has been submarined by Maurice, though.

Imagine adding at the deadline and simultaneously getting rid of your good players for the simple **** of it.

We likely have to move Perreault anyways. So it's the same damn thing really. He isn't getting time over Ehlers or Connor and that is a simple fact. Tanev and Lowry carry each other. Or is Lowry shooting all of Tanevs goals into the net? Tanev is also made of stone. Perreault misses a lot more games. I value Tanev over Perreault at this point both on the ice and with the cap.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Also, carried by Lowry. This has been established over a larger sample size. Perreault can carry others, Tanev cannot. Only one of then has been submarined by Maurice, though.

Imagine adding at the deadline and simultaneously getting rid of your good players for the simple **** of it.

Perreault has been bad this year. Hes a non factor. Id move him in a second cuz at this point hes a cap casualty anyways

Lol at ppl not willing to part with the aging vet for what likely becomes a guy who we sign long term.

If u are moving Rosie and Perreault.. Stones extension is announced shortly after. Stone makes us better

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yes.

Jets aren't really in a hurry, and Chevy likes to do his work at deadlines when he can get the best deal possible. My guess is that this will come down to the last day or two before Chevy makes his move.

Hard to say. He's made moves well before the deadline before. Stats he waited for but the rest he made before Stempniak, Tlusty as examples.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
To me Ehlers is the one necessary guy if Chevy ever was to try and pull off a blockbuster. Everyone wants to keep him because he has the better possession numbers and has the great contract for his stats. Bit that's also what would make him insanely valuable.

Only worth it if the return is worth it obviously. But that's how I see it.

Valid point. But I think we would miss Ehlers just too much. OTOH, Connor's b2b 30+ goal seasons (presumed) would carry a lot of market value, especially in Carolina where the owner is running things and wants exciting offensive players.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Perreault has been bad this year. Hes a non factor. Id move him in a second cuz at this point hes a cap casualty anyways

Exactly, he's not lasting on this team beyond the summer anyways. If it helps us get both then we might as well move him now.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wonder if Ottawa has interest in one of our 4 underrated dmen? Kovacevik, Gawake, Vallati or Chisholm?

Hard to say. Those guys are way off the radar but NHL teams have scouting staffs to know more than the 'insiders' do.

With Niku and Samberg ahead of them, I could see parting with one of the lefties, if they valued him.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
With both here Perreault becomes a 4th liner at best. Might as well move him, we have to in the offseason anyways.

I know what you're saying. Tough decisions have to be made. If now is the best time to dump salary, then so be it.

But players like Perreault have given their all for this organization. It would be a shame for him to get so close to the cup, only to be traded at the deadline. Not the best message to our tight room, but before you say it, yes "hockey is a business."

With that said if this is all about getting both Duchesne and Stone, are the Jets really that much better with Duchesne over Perreault, particularly with the cost involved? I'd say no. Frenchie is a stabilizing influence wherever in the lineup he plays and makes everyone on the bottom 6 better. I'd at least let him ride out the year and trade him in the summer.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
We likely have to move Perreault anyways. So it's the same damn thing really. He isn't getting time over Ehlers or Connor and that is a simple fact. Tanev and Lowry carry each other. Or is Lowry shooting all of Tanevs goals into the net?
I respect your takes, but this one is just garbage. Tanev's possession stats plummet whenever he is separated from Lowry. Doesn't work the other way around, though. Tanev hasn't carried anything.

Perreault should play much, much more with better linemates, but Maurice is determined to hinder one of the best play drivers he has at his disposal. And then people f***ing wonder why he has been bad. What do you expect? A guy who can create chances for others gets the two most offensively inept linemated, or is playing fourth line minutes? How do you not see the issue?

Perreault could be our Stone-lite for absolutely no cost attached. Emphasis on lite, granted, but holy shit, this wasting of talent is driving me insane.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hard to say. Those guys are way off the radar but NHL teams have scouting staffs to know more than the 'insiders' do.

With Niku and Samberg ahead of them, I could see parting with one of the lefties, if they valued him.

Yeah it could be on their radar. Who knows where they have scouts in Juniors.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I respect your takes, but this one is just garbage. Tanev's possession stats plummet whenever he is separated from Lowry. Doesn't work the other way around, though. Tanev hasn't carried anything.

Perreault should play much, much more with better linemates, but Maurice is determined to hinder one of the best play drivers he has at his disposal. And then people ****ing wonder why he has been bad. What do you expect? A guy who can create chances for others gets the two most offensively inept linemated, or is playing fourth line minutes? How do you not see the issue?

Perreault could be our Stone-lite for absolutely no cost attached. Emphasis on lite, granted, but holy ****, this wasting of talent is driving me insane.

Both Lowry and Tanev have driven possession in the same ballpark with Copp or Perreault I don't think he does dick all for them. Lets not pretend that Lowry and Tanev are useless players. Both are more valuable than Perreault. Better PKers by a country mile and have more manageable cap hits. Perreault is as good as gone this offseason if not sooner.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Both Lowry and Tanev have driven possession in the same ballpark with Copp or Perreault I don't think he does dick all for them. Lets not pretend that Lowry and Tanev are useless players. Both are more valuable than Perreault. Better PKers by a country mile and have more manageable cap hits. Perreault is as good as gone this offseason if not sooner.
I'm curious to know where you are getting your information from, but I guess it's not my loss if you believe that.

Just to clarify - you don't see a single problem w/r/t the way they have wasted Perreault's immense talent this year? Please say that isn't the case. And besides, Tanev is going out of the door too. If we cannot fit MP in, Tanev has no place here either.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If it is for a signed Stone, it is a blockbuster.
Why pay a premium to get a signed Stone? If Stone wants to sign long-term with the Jets then rent him at the deadline and then sign him, or just go after him as a UFA? Reality is that if Stone is willing to enter into a sign and trade then he'd be happy with a trade then sign, too.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm curious to know where you are getting your information from, but I guess it's not my loss if you believe that.

Just to clarify - you don't see a single problem w/r/t the way they have wasted Perreault's immense talent this year? Please say that isn't the case. And besides, Tanev is going out of the door too. If we cannot fit MP in, Tanev has no place here either.

I don't think Perreault has immense talent. Only player I'd play him over right now is Laine. Tanev might get a $500,000 raise. We will have zero issues keeping him.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Why pay a premium to get a signed Stone? If Stone wants to sign long-term with the Jets then rent him at the deadline and then sign him, or just go after him as a UFA? Reality is that if Stone is willing to enter into a sign and trade then he'd be happy with a trade then sign, too.

The key there is if the Sens know this, which they likely do. They aren't giving Stone up as a rental to us anymore.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
People I know(don't work for the Jets mind you) believe the Jets/Sens are working on something big, I think we will have more clarity this weekend.

Tomorrow's game could be a big factor if guys are held out. Wouldn't it be the cherry on the cheesecake if someone injures Stone in tomorrow game..

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Tomorrow's game could be a big factor if guys are held out. Wouldn't it be the cherry on the cheesecake if someone injures Stone in tomorrow game..
buff2.gif

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If you are looking for a block-buster, then there needs to something more than Stone or Duchene coming back from the Sens. They are pending UFAs, with a pretty set price.

If you wanted to go really big, then you need to start looking at other important assets on the Sens' roster or in their system.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If you are looking for a block-buster, then there needs to something more than Stone or Duchene coming back from the Sens. They are pending UFAs, with a pretty set price.

If you wanted to go really big, then you need to start looking at other important assets on the Sens' roster or in their system.

Hearing a lot of talk that there is a very big deal coming down the pipeline. Jesus the anticipation is killing me.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Tanev has been not only better at entries, exits and maintaining possession this season he is also producing the same in the exact same role. And giving up less goals on the ice. Not to mention he has been the superior PKer. Tanev has been better than Perreault this year.
Not only that but hard to argue that Tanev and Lowry are worse offensively than Lemieux and Appleseed. Also Perrault has got minutes with Laine and Little and they haven't exactly lit it up. They have done no better or worse than Rosie and everyone is already talking about how Rosie is a bust at 21.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I know what you're saying. Tough decisions have to be made. If now is the best time to dump salary, then so be it.

But players like Perreault have given their all for this organization. It would be a shame for him to get so close to the cup, only to be traded at the deadline. Not the best message to our tight room, but before you say it, yes "hockey is a business."

With that said if this is all about getting both Duchesne and Stone, are the Jets really that much better with Duchesne over Perreault, particularly with the cost involved? I'd say no. Frenchie is a stabilizing influence wherever in the lineup he plays and makes everyone on the bottom 6 better. I'd at least let him ride out the year and trade him in the summer.

Duchene brings more value for sure. Especially when it comes to a top 6 role. Which Perreault likely won't touch if both Duchene and Stone are here anyways. And he's hasn't even been better than Copp this year. Copp has done a fantastic job at 4C and on the PK.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Please don't get rid of Niku, that's all I ask

Yeah. I would like to hold onto Samberg as well, but Vesa/Apples/Lemieux I’d be fine with. Goes without saying Roslovic is off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad