Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
It's far too simplistic to say sign Stone for money in the off -season....the cap space is not there...maybe a deal exists where ottawa is taking back salary now...
Not simplistic at all. It's called managing for a reason. The more options you have the easier it is to manage and that includes managing the cap. That's simple.

Surgery, Cheveldayoff was prepared to do that for Stastny he's prepared to do that as needed.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Honestly the lead up to the deals is part that is the most fun! Every little move can be analyzed and speculated on. I mean Brown could just have a nagging injury that is keeping him out, but isn't it more fun if we think he;s included in deal? The Jets haven't really been on this side of the trade deadline often so it's fun just watching it all unfold and not being a spectator like we were for so many years.

I am finding it quite entertaining. Honestly I haven’t had this much fun with a “Will they won’t they” scenario since the team coming back rumors but the stakes were obviously much higher on that.

Yeah it is fun, means we get to break out the extra large press box sized popcorn and dream of the possibilities :popcorn:

I'm with you guys. Talking between posts I've even got my wife intrigued on the possibilities :laugh:

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Not simplistic at all. It's called managing for a reason. The more options you have the easier it is to manage and that includes managing the cap. That's simple.

Surgery, Cheveldayoff was prepared to do that for Stastny he's prepared to do that as needed.

It's impossible to know what or how many options exist unless your in the room Chevy is negotiating in right now. Hopefully we get some sort of answer soon.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's impossible to know what or how many options exist unless your in the room Chevy is negotiating in right now. Hopefully we get some sort of answer soon.

I was in an online sim league once. The negotiations there would go on for days. But we were just doing it for fun. Couldn't imagine having to deal with real peoples lives in the process.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
:laugh: I told my wife a few minutes ago and she had the gall to tell me she knows because I told her a few hours ago. She doesn't appreciate my up to the minute updates.
This is actually quite a bit of fun around here, and if something really big happens holy s*** we are at ground zero.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Logan Stanley for a ham and cheese sandwich. Add in Mayonnaise (lottery protected) to make it fair.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
As long as Stone is extended I don’t mind that deal at all. Depends on what that other roster piece is I guess but we would be insanely loaded this year.

Connor Scheif Wheeler
Laine Duchene Stone
Perreault little Ehlers
Copp Lowry Tanev/Appleton

That looks deep, like insanely deep.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I mean if Stone is interested in staying here we could move salary out right away if Ottawa is willing to take it. I don't think we can afford to deal Kulikov with our already weak blueline (IMO) but Perreault is a good add on. Great veteran underrated player, but likely could not stay here if we were to try and keep Stone. To keep Stone without dealing one of Ehlers or Connor (which I would do because Stone is better then both) we would need to not re sign Myers, deal Perreault and trade Trouba for a young promising player on an ELC or cheap bargin deal. Would be easier IMO to deal Trouba for an ELC forward, and trade one of Ehlers/Connor for a top 4 D cheaper then Trouba would cost though.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Can you imagine a block buster with multi players on each side. It will be an absolute free for all around here. And the main boards will be even more so :popcorn:

Ugh......my head hurts just thinking about it. :help:

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Vegas is going to **** us over, book it.

I came to post this exact thing haha. I really agree. I have a strong feeling Vegas gets Stone. Because they would likely push for him anyways, but to block us again is also a big thing. The issue is GMGM is a tool, and will overpay to beat us. Which is fine if he wants to shorten his own window and we don't overpay. But it sucks because I think a Stone level player gives us just as good a chance as any team to come out of the West and face Tampa or who ever takes the east. Our roster as is now we have about as much of a chance as last year. Aka we will need a lot to go right, injury luck and a hot goalie. But maybe Chevy will pull another hidden deal or just go for a cheaper rental

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's reported that its basically down to the Jets and Vegas for Stone and that we are pushing hard for him.
Wasn't it just Garrioch reporting LV was in on Stone, and he is basically an Ottawa hack. Maybe trying to drive up the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad