Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The only player moved today that I'm a little upset over missing out on is Dickinson. Would have been nice to have a pick to throw Dallas' way.

He would have been a nice fit at #3C. He played well enough there for the Stars that he bumped Faksa down to #4C. He could give you 25-30 points and solid possession numbers with a more defensive focused usage. He's even had a little success moving up with skill guys.

Obligatory #graph:

Last edited:

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Well they better not be whiffs when in 4-5 years McD and Drai need a new contract.

I’m split on how we approach the next three years as well
One hand cheap players who can earn top 6 rolls are gifts that cannot be under rated
But we’re also
On the brink of going for it, at what point do we move a high value prospect for a high value player?
Had our farm been managed better in the past we would have some assets but just not the case

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Well they better not be whiffs when in 4-5 years McD and Drai need a new contract.
AT this point ...
Holloway probably a pretty good bet after 40 or 50 games AHL.
McLeod needs to be in and out of the lineup at this point and when he is ready to move in he needs a winger that can create.
Lavoie has got a lot to learn....I really hope it takes cause he has a couple of skills we could really use.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
We’ll see.

EDIT: Also I find it hilarious that I get flamed and mocked in consecutive posts yet I’m the one that gets thread banned because I’m criticizing Holland. Apparently we’re only allowed to praise him. What a joke. Right sorry, need to do the HFOil prayer:

Long live Holland, praise Holland!

If you don't respond to this post it means you LOVE Ken Holland and he's your favourite GM of all time :laugh:

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Doubt it, Ovi has his Cup already and by all accounts loves Washington. Zero reason to leave, if anything I expect him to sign a discount.
Also money isn’t the issue, their owner said he could literally have whatever he wants because of everything he’s done for that organization.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The only player moved today that I'm a little upset over missing out on is Dickinson. Would have been nice to have a pick to throw Dallas' way.

He would have been a nice fit at #3C. He played well enough there for the Stars that he bumped Faksa down to #4C. He could give you 25-30 points and solid possession numbers with a more defensive focused usage. He's even had a little success moving up with skill guys.

Obligatory #graph:

Glad someone else is annoyed about missing out on Dickinson.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Loool we’re fans of the team and players, not the organization and definitely not the management/Holland. Can’t say the same for you bunch.
Are we though. Tons of people here hate most of the players too. If we hate the players and the coach and the management, what's left?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Nothing that went down made me feel like we really missed out on something:

• Ellis deal- IMO we didn't have the disposable pieces to be a player for him, plus our D protection slots are already accounted for
  • Howden deal- Who cares
  • Goodrow deal- He's of interest, but lower on my pecking order of guys to target in free agency, this is more of a if free agency doesn't work out you whip out the crystal ball and lament not making a play for his rights with the full benefit of hindsight.
  • Adin Hill deal- I'm not familiar enough with the player to be comfortable paying what SJ did, I've got no idea if it was a good or bad move.
  • Jared McCann deal- Pitt likes the prospect, I'm doubtful they consider Lavoie to be a direct equal of Hallander and trading Holloway is obviously stupid for us, we don't have many B tier quality forward prospects to really compete, also if we top TO there is no saying TO doesn't come back with a better offer. This deal strikes me as relatively fair, it doesn't feel like we lost out on some great value deal that we easily could of paid.
  • Dickinson deal- he was my under the radar acquisition target for the day, but I was expecting the price to be dirt cheap, a 3rd round pick is a little stiffer than I was expecting for a bottom six guy about to be exposed, not a big loss, small chance he blossoms into something more than what he presently is.
  • Ladd deal- this is the only I could see a bit of remorse on being justified and not in acquiring Ladd ofcourse, but in terms of getting a team to eat capspace. Based on what ARI got, I'm guessing it would of cost roughly a 2nd rd pick to get them to eat half of Keith's remaining contract. It makes the acquisition price of Keith feel all that much higher and almost feels like compounding the damage of overpaying for Keith in the first place, but $2.75M more cap is probably the difference between a mediocre 3rd line and a quality 3rd line.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad