Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
What do people think Jones and a third are worth?

Seriously?

I get people are stuck on the retention but Chicago wasn’t retaining under any circumstance unless we gave them a player like Samorukov, McLeod, or Bear.

Jones and a third arent worth a whole bunch that was never in contention.

The question being asked is if Duncan Keith is the right guy to commit 5.5 million to, and I think thats a fair question even as someone who has more time for him than most.

Reactions: Cloned and 3IR

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rumoured Stralman cap dump to Arizona. Hope it happens, would like to see the cost if only to get another comparable to the Keith trade. I feel it’s in the neck of the woods of the Leddy trade.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
One guy is still good enough to be an NHL regular, the other has played 4 games in 2 seasons. I don't see the comparison. And you only so cause it makes it easier for you to be a whiny baby

Is he though? I would venture to say Keith probably doesn’t crack the lineup of 14/32 teams.

Hell, Seattle probably wasn’t gonna take him for free.

But by all means keep being Holland’s lackey.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
People understand the off season isn’t over yet right?

Some deals are probably going to occur after the expansion draft.

The end is not near yet.
I eagerly await the rebirth of this narrative when the ED passes and nothing happens. Then it’ll be the draft, then free agency...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is he though? I would venture to say Keith probably doesn’t crack the lineup of 14/32 teams.

Hell, Seattle probably wasn’t gonna take him for free.

But by all means keep being Holland’s lackey.
Lol being Holland's lacky.
And Ladd doesn't crack the roster of 32/32 teams. So comparing them at all is absolutely ridiculous. But that's pretty on brand for you

Reactions: oilers'72 and North

North

Jun 25, 2009
Jones and a third arent worth a whole bunch that was never in contention.

The question being asked is if Duncan Keith is the right guy to commit 5.5 million to, and I think thats a fair question even as someone who has more time for him than most.

I just don’t think the amount of angst over the deal is worth it.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I had faith in you Ken. :cry:
0C2F3ACB-9899-4642-A4D3-2674BEFC167D.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ice time, schmice time.

Duncan Keith is a washed up ineffective player.

Andrew Ladd is a washed up ineffective player.

See the comparison?

You're making dumb comparisons again like when you compared Graves to Keith who played completely different roles on completely different teams. Maybe it's best if you stop making these comparisons?

I can't believe I'm defending this Keith trade because it was a dumb trade but some of your assessments of the player are really poor and misguided and it's making you look worse and worse with each post.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
There isn’t a single team Keith isn’t making the lineup on let alone 14. That’s a brutal take

We’ll see.

EDIT: Also I find it hilarious that I get flamed and mocked in consecutive posts yet I’m the one that gets thread banned because I’m criticizing Holland. Apparently we’re only allowed to praise him. What a joke. Right sorry, need to do the HFOil prayer:

Long live Holland, praise Holland!

Last edited:

North

Jun 25, 2009
Lol being Holland's lacky.
And Ladd doesn't crack the roster of 32/32 teams. So comparing them at all is absolutely ridiculous. But that's pretty on brand for you

You know someone is on the ledge when they start personally attacking you for disagreeing with them.

Reactions: oilers'72

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Andrew Ladd's trade today serves as a warning for anyone whose okay with overpaying for Hyman, hopefully Holland takes said warning seriously.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Too many fans drink the koolaid here, so no, people are not seeing how crazy this is.

All Holland had to do was literally wait until today in order to get a much better deal for Keith.
What changed today for Chicago? They protected Jones. Keith wasn't preventing them from protecting a defenseman. They still left deHaan and Zadorov exposed.

Taking Keith's cap-hit is what it is. I'll never be happy about it. But Bowman was never pressed to make this trade. Keith's existence on Chicago's payroll never complicated anything for him.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Versteeg was on the radio in Calgary this past week I believe (they replayed it this morning). He was asked about what Keith could bring to the Oilers, and of course it was glowing praise. We might not like the cap hit, but I think there is a real chance he can do a lot of good for the team.

The Leddy deal looks miles worse in my mind.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I so badly want my faith restored. I’d inject a good move into my veins if I could.

I get the frustration. The last good trade the Oilers made was Chia with Maroon. Some teams make positive trades once a year, the Oilers are more like once a decade.
Giving up a decent prospect for McCann would have been so easy and checked off one need going into free agency for dirt cheap capwise and assetwise. Nobody should be defending Holland not being in on that.

Reactions: Cloned

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I get the frustration. The last good trade the Oilers made was Chia with Maroon. Some teams make positive trades once a year, the Oilers are more like once a decade.
Giving up a 6th for McCann would have been so easy and checked off one need going into free agency for dirt cheap capwise and assetwise. Nobody should be defending Holland not being in on that.
Why would a 6th for McCann work when it was a prospect (that they liked and drafted) and a 7th?
It would have been Lavoie, and a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad