Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It was my go to.

You should use this as your avatar for your makeover

upload_2021-7-17_15-10-18.jpeg

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Why would a 6th for McCann work when it was a prospect (that they liked and drafted) and a 7th?
It would have been Lavoie, and a pick.
If we could get McCann for Lavoie I would've been ecstatic, a McCann level player is what I hope Lavoie can become. He's a young cost controlled ~30-40 point guy at minimum with strong defense and plays multiple forward positions even if you think last year's 60 point pace was a mirage (I think it is too). The only way you don't make that move is if you think Lavoie is a future 20-30 goal 60 point guy in which case I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Asking Holland to engage in some creative thinking about trades is the proverbial fish riding a bicycle.

Not going to happen. He probably doesn't even know who McCann is.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I get the frustration. The last good trade the Oilers made was Chia with Maroon. Some teams make positive trades once a year, the Oilers are more like once a decade.
Giving up a decent prospect for McCann would have been so easy and checked off one need going into free agency for dirt cheap capwise and assetwise. Nobody should be defending Holland not being in on that.
Dickinson too.

But like I said earlier, it seems like we just ignore all the easy moves for good assets and instead try to outsmart everyone by going off the board. Sometimes the best moves are the simplest ones.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Asking Holland to engage in some creative thinking about trades is the proverbial fish riding a bicycle.

Nobody is asking him to be creative. Most creative thing the Oilers need to do this summer is buyout Neal.

We're just asking him to fill basic and obvious holes. Something we seem to be the only team in the league that struggles with.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
You guys seems to be missing the point totally on the judgement on the Keith deal.
It has little to do with How Keith performs the coming season (though him out performing his contract would be a plus).
It was truly a headshaking moment!
I'm surprised we don't have some conspiracy theorists saying Bettman got involved.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’ll reserve flipping my lip when the Hall saga ends. Can’t really judge if Holland is or isn’t doing enough in this expansion draft until we know what other bullets he fires.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Nobody is asking him to be creative. Most creative thing the Oilers need to do this summer is buyout Neal.

We're just asking him to fill basic and obvious holes. Something we seem to be the only team in the league that struggles with.
I want some creativity.!
I guess that's why im disappointed.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

He is still wondering why so many cards from his rolodex have gone missing over the years.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
You guys seems to be missing the point totally on the judgement on the Keith deal.
It has little to do with How Keith performs the coming season (though him out performing his contract would be a plus).
It was truly a headshaking moment!
I'm surprised we don't have some conspiracy theorists saying Bettman got involved.

The only thing that doesn't make it a bad trade (note: Keith could be an all-Star next year and it would still be a poor trade at the time) is if there is some kind of handshake deal where Keith retires after next season and the Hawks are hit with the recapture.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

This is it, really. And this is also the prime time to ditch at least one bad contract. If there's a trade involving Kassian, fine. But I don't see the need to protect him unless a deal is in place.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Random thought: but I think Isles will make a push for Ovi and I give them 40% to actually land him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad