Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Vatanen gone as well

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Don't go nuts, this is a question and looking to see if the value is off. With the lack of Defenseman available would the Oilers possibly be willing to do this trade?
Oilers trade 1(4) to New York Rangers for Rick Nash, Kevin Hayes and Marc Staal. I think Nash slots in well with McDavid. Staal becomes a veteran leader for your defense and helps develops young defenseman like Klef and Nurse. Hayes slots in as a third or fourth line player. What are your thoughts? You guys are getting ready to take the next step forward. Staal is my favorite Ranger player and I believe he will bounce back because this summer will be the first time in three summers he is not recovering from an injury and he can train.

A) the oilers can't add that much salary b) even if they could, they wouldn't trade the 4th overall for Marc staal who the Rangers would be lucky to give away for free and Rick Nash who is coming off a 30 something point season.

DipsyMcDoodles

Apr 6, 2014
Edmonton
A) the oilers can't add that much salary b) even if they could, they wouldn't trade the 4th overall for Marc staal who the Rangers would be lucky to give away for free and Rick Nash who is coming off a 30 something point season.

What's up with Nash's performance in NY? Looking at his yearly point totals, he alternates from PPG to like 0.55 PPG ever since he got traded there

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Don't go nuts, this is a question and looking to see if the value is off. With the lack of Defenseman available would the Oilers possibly be willing to do this trade?
Oilers trade 1(4) to New York Rangers for Rick Nash, Kevin Hayes and Marc Staal. I think Nash slots in well with McDavid. Staal becomes a veteran leader for your defense and helps develops young defenseman like Klef and Nurse. Hayes slots in as a third or fourth line player. What are your thoughts? You guys are getting ready to take the next step forward. Staal is my favorite Ranger player and I believe he will bounce back because this summer will be the first time in three summers he is not recovering from an injury and he can train.

There's nothing that you could give to get the Oilers to take on Marc Staal.

But if the Oilers do end up trading 4 for 7/20, I'd probaby swap 20 and Yakupov for Nash.

What's up with Nash's performance in NY? Looking at his yearly point totals, he alternates from PPG to like 0.55 PPG ever since he got traded there

Had a bone bruise last year.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I only move #4 if we get a D-man between 23 to 26 with either a long term or would be a UFA when his current contract ends.. we need a top guy--that is painfully obvious.

I don't that's in the cards. Just isn't a top Dman available. I believe we are going to have to get over the disappointment and try another way.

Maybe we can trade Eberle for Ryan Ellis, or trade for Vatanen (i don't what we would send Anaheim's way). that's about the best we can hope for; we will have to improve the defensive play of the top 9.

I've given up on hoping for the big splash for a dman. Aint gonna happen.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I don't that's in the cards. Just isn't a top Dman available. I believe we are going to have to get over the disappointment and try another way.

Maybe we can trade Eberle for Ryan Ellis, or trade for Vatanen (i don't what we would send Anaheim's way). that's about the best we can hope for; we will have to improve the defensive play of the top 9.

I've given up on hoping for the big splash for a dman. Aint gonna happen.

So depressing. A month ago I would have been surprised if we didn't make a big splash for a top-dman and now I'd be surprised if we did.

It's hard not to feel like this horror show will never end.

Gretzky to Kurri

May 9, 2015
Just havin a little fun here.

If Chia ends up trading Hall for Mr. Super Stud D (hypothetically), I'd consider offersheeting Johnny Hockey.
But heard he's not eigible?

Watchin Burke snap.....:popcorn:

EDIT: Oh yeah, Johnny Hockey hasn't played enough games to accept an offersheet.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Just havin a little fun here.

If Chia ends up trading Hall for Mr. Super Stud D (hypothetically), I'd consider offersheeting Johnny Hockey.

Watchin Burke snap.....:popcorn:

Burke_zps17db61bb.jpg.html

oqPkjIf.jpg

that would be fun

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey guys,

Just popping in to relay some info I heard today. Barrie talks obviously on hold, but interestingly Hamonic talks heating up. Increasingly likely that Oilers send 4th OA + Yakupov for Isles 1st + Hamonic.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Hey guys,

Just popping in to relay some info I heard today. Barrie talks obviously on hold, but interestingly Hamonic talks heating up. Increasingly likely that Oilers send 4th OA + Yakupov for Isles 1st + Hamonic.

Not loving that deal at all. But... If we could flip that pick for vatanen id be interested...

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Hey guys,

Man, I hope not. That's a brutal deal and I like Hamonic more then most.

On a side note does anyone think that Myers could be dealt? If so what can we send Winnipegs way? Pouliot + Nurse or Reinhart would be my starting point.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Nash + Staal + Hayes is roughly infinity money in the cap era. Just take em all for your cost controlled expansion exempt player dudes!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hey guys,

Wouldn't hate this deal.

Would completely be worth it to see the three stooges' heads explode...

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

On a side note does anyone think that Myers could be dealt? If so what can we send Winnipegs way? Pouliot + Nurse or Reinhart would be my starting point.

Trouba is more likely than Myers to be dealt.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Hey guys,

I'd say that's actually not a bad hockey deal. Hamonic is signed low for years. Draft a d-man with the Isles pick, immediately improve the D significantly without losing the core.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hamonic's gem of a contract could do a lot for us, though. I like Hamonic a lot but I think we've all been a bit poisoned by some of the mainboards talks.

4 and Yak for Hammer and 19 isn't a FANTASTIC deal, but it's probably pretty close to on the mark.

At least it's not Hall... :laugh: :cry:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I've been wondering about Myers too. I could see the Jets trying to move him in order to retain Trouba. Coming off off-season knee and hip surgery. For such a big man that certainly wont help his mobility.

I've never been a big fan. He's a second pairing guy and nothing more imo. I'd take him for sure as he'd be our best RHD. But I wouldn't pay a fortune for him.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Hey guys,

Im down, Hamonic fills a need now and while Tkachuk is great theres a chance we could draft a player just as good if not better with the Isles pick. (unlikely but not that uncommon)

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Hey guys,

Ehh, not a fan of that deal on paper but if chia flips that first for Vatanen or something along the lines of that, it wouldn't be too bad. We need to give to to get and the d market is dwindling at this point. Essentially, we flip 4th (Tkachuk) and Yak for Hamonic and Vatanen. I can live with that but I hope Chia can make some deals happen without moving down that far in the draft.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
yeah, I would do that Hamonic deal.

Then again I would have traded our 1st last year for Talbot. I would argue he would have been worth it, but Chiarelli got a great deal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ehh, not a fan of that deal on paper but if chia flips that first for Vatanen or something along the lines of that, it wouldn't be too bad. We need to give to to get and the d market is dwindling at this point. Essentially, we flip 4th (Tkachuk) and Yak for Hamonic and Vatanen. I can live with that but I hope Chia can make some deals happen without moving down that far in the draft.

It does help to look at it in this manner. Basically by doing this we turn 4th overall and a piece we're going to lose anyway into a #2 and a #3/4 defenceman.

It would sting, no doubt, but it would have immediate dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad