Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Stauffer was saying he thinks the emergence of Desharnais means they will be looking for an LHD, I doubt they trade for Schenn
Desharnais may sadly be the piece going the other way in a trade for EK or Parayko type upgrade.

Other GMs know about him now

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Stauffer was saying he thinks the emergence of Desharnais means they will be looking for an LHD, I doubt they trade for Schenn
Good, cause last thing we need is another 3rd pairing D.

But, can we at least settle on need cause it seems we are all over the map.

Need a defensive D.
Nope, now a offensive RD.
Nope, now a LHD.
Nope, now a...

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
It could go the other way though. We waited too long now we settled for a Luke Schenn.
The market is only taking shape. They weren't going to be in on O'Reilly or Horvat. There's a pool of d-men they are apparently looking at and forwards that include elites like P. Kane. Don't think they will burn high draft collateral on a rental UFA D, so as it looks, Boston is likely for Gavrikov.

We have excessively limited information and a ton of inconsistent gossip reporting on things. There's zero certainty at all for any team to get their player and certainly smaller likelihood for an Oilers team in LTIR, no cap money, and mediocre expensive contracts that have to move out.

People like to cite what Holland has done in the past and default into won't do anything. Can't forget he believes in elite defensemen and one trade deadline fished out an age 37 Chelios for multiple first round picks. He's been reported to have interest in this positional need since the off-season with Klingberg.
I think that's where the priority it and taking a run at Karlsson suggest that. And we're now starting to hear names like Parayko, maybe Ekholm as their teams fall into the playoff abyss. Those are all game changing names that would move the needle in this team's greatest area of deficiency.

We'll see but sounds like Holland's in a lot of talks trying to pitch out bad contracts and futures to move the needle for this team's players.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Fairly certain Parayko is a no go for us with his NMC from what I have heard via some guys who keep up with him from their high school days.

Sounded like he has a strong preference to not play in Edmonton a year or two ago when his name was coming up before

Reactions: Faelko

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Fairly certain Parayko is a no go for us with his NMC from what I have heard via some guys who keep up with him from their high school days.

Sounded like he has a strong preference to not play in Edmonton a year or two ago when his name was coming up before
Would not surprise me at all tbh. How many local guys do our fans rake over the coals all the time? Remember Holtby saying the same thing?

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Some people just don't want to admit Kenny H signed a bad contract and a Campbell buyout is looking like a very real possibility.
Sent him to the Sharks for Karlsson. No retention.

Barrie + Campbell + Puljujarvi 2023 1st + 2 2nd and a prospect . I think Campbell would waive to go to the Sharks. I also think it easier trade then getting them to retain for the next 4 years

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Can't doubt your sources with people that know him. Will say context wise a couple years back he was on a much better team than the Oilers which won a Cup and looked like it might be a sustaining threat to chase more. Now the Blues look to be a team that's exited their winning window, and facing down either a re-tool around mid-20's forwards or a deeper rebuild.

It is an older defense corp so makes sense for the Blues looking to move out one of them. With a no-trade clause Parayko will drive his decision to play out his career in St. Louis or move on. Fit wise, his hometown Oil would be excellent and he would stabilize Nurse's game, imo, and lead a team now fully emerging into its winning window.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Sent him to the Sharks for Karlsson. No retention.

Barrie + Campbell + Puljujarvi 2023 1st + 2 2nd and a prospect . I think Campbell would waive to go to the Sharks. I also think it easier trade then getting them to retain for the next 4 years
Sending Campbell in a package for Karlsson is the most obvious move, but Holland would never do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad