Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Man sauce those firsts out everywhere and make some deals for impact players.

Edit: if we are an easy out for LA or Seattle that would be completely unacceptable

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
At the moment Ceci is everything we chastise Bouchard for without the benefit of being able to handle or pass the puck.

He's getting absolutely murdered on the forecheck, but is also struggling to handle the puck at a basic level. Straight up insane that at this point in the season him and Nurse haven't been tried with different partners based on the results.
Remember when we almost traded Hall for him…

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Everybody knows. Ken Holland's brain though.
no-brain-loading.gif
Wait closer to the deadline and try to carve out best value?

Feb 9, 2013
No need to make excuses for Skinner either. Both Campbell and Skinner are 1B at best. They are more of a backup if anything
1B with the defense they have had in front of them isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Desharnais is a rookie, and I suspect the goalies will look a little better with him in the game.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If it's a buyer's market... there will be some decent deals at the deadline.. but you aren't likely to get the "big names" then either... someone will blink and pay up for them and the Oilers will get the 2nd/3rd tier players for a cheaper cost.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We've done that every year and every year we've paid exactly what the rumoured cost would be, if not a bit more.

Should be all over Parayko. Cost is less than EK and he’s a better fit.
Parayko's been sneakily pretty bad over the last few years. He's also got lingering back issues that aren't going away. I'd rather pay a bit more and get EK.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

I don't see it happening. Stauffer is already on the 'Karlsson in the summer.' I have no hopes for Ken Holland to make a good trade.
Watch Vegas acquire Kane after LTIRing Stone last night, and then Holland's excuses will be the typical crap we've heard for the past years.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I believe actual salary consequences for Minny due the rest of the year were around 74k though, which is what a lot of these teams are more concerned about, not so much the cap hit if they have room.
Sorry I missed that. Yeah with the signing bonus that drastically reduces the actual dollars spent by the Wild.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2013
I don't see it happening. Stauffer is already on the 'Karlsson in the summer.' I have no hopes for Ken Holland to make a good trade.
Watch Vegas acquire Kane after LTIRing Stone last night, and then Holland's excuses will be the typical crap we've heard for the past years.
I "liked" your post because its the feeling I'm getting ... I hope I am wrong, but it's the feeling I am getting.

Reactions: McAsuno

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
We've done that every year and every year we've paid exactly what the rumoured cost would be, if not a bit more.
Not going to change with their money situation.

I'd like to believe a Karlsson trade could happen with one phone call. But it won't. The alleged ongoing conversations on a whack of players including a super elite like Karlsson. This team has to be able to move out dead weight contracts and that is a real stumbling block. We're a week out and I'll avoid getting reactive to the market finally starting to move. We'll see what shakes out. But it will be likely Sunday/Monday.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I "liked" your post because its the feeling I'm getting ... I hope I am wrong, but it's the feeling I am getting.

It's always next year with Ken Holland.
Gotta hold out to the future for a prospect or pick to pan out in years instead of unloading assets to make this team into a cup contending win now type.
Same old shit.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Patience + dead contracts + no cap space = patience.

Tough concept to bend the universe. Especially if the organization is having conversations about Karlsson.

What I don't want to hear is 'we're out on Karlsson because we jumped in early on the Luke Schenn market.'

It could go the other way though. We waited too long now we settled for a Luke Schenn.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Stauffer was saying he thinks the emergence of Desharnais means they will be looking for an LHD, I doubt they trade for Schenn

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Honestly I think it’s riskier. He’s in year 1 of an 8 year deal and has had some back issues.
Not a perfect player and there are risks. But still, age 29, playing over his career TOI this year (23:19 vs. 22:09 with career low OZ starts 37.9% vs 45.8) while healthy with his size and two way defending game is pretty compelling veteran package. He's been durable since the injury playing 80 games last season and workload increased in the playoffs with 25 minute TOI, 5 points, +5 in 12 games.

Parayko's on my shortlist of players who could significantly impact this team's ability to defend from top of roster positioning. I'm sure Oil alumni could/would also be back-channeling McTavish to get some insight into Parayko's health and season which hasn't been light's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad