Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Sent him to the Sharks for Karlsson. No retention.

Barrie + Campbell + Puljujarvi 2023 1st + 2 2nd and a prospect . I think Campbell would waive to go to the Sharks. I also think it easier trade then getting them to retain for the next 4 years
Why would he waive to go there? Why is anyone really waiving to go there from a contender?

It's not like SJ is a couple years away from competing either

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Can't doubt your sources with people that know him. Will say context wise a couple years back he was on a much better team than the Oilers which won a Cup and looked like it might be a sustaining threat to chase more. Now the Blues look to be a team that's exited their winning window, and facing down either a re-tool around mid-20's forwards or a deeper rebuild.

It is an older defense corp so makes sense for the Blues looking to move out one of them. With a no-trade clause Parayko will drive his decision to play out his career in St. Louis or move on. Fit wise, his hometown Oil would be excellent and he would stabilize Nurse's game, imo, and lead a team now fully emerging into its winning window.
Yeah no clue how it is nowadays but like wouldn’t 100% rule it out but sounded like he strongly just considered STL his home as well.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So if Petry would come to Edmonton, what would that cost? Is it possible to get patty Kane and Jeff petry?
I don't know that it would work. Seems like they would be moving him so they can go after another big fish.

Unless maybe they want a guy like Barrie to help their PP.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
My ideal TDL

Chychrun for 23 1st, 25 1st, XB/Schaeffer, Pulju/yams.

Kane@25%+Lafferty for JP/Yams, Foegele, 24 1st, Another 3rd going out for a 3rd team to retain an extra 50% on Kane.

E. Kane-Mcdavid-Hyman
Nuge-Drai-P. Kane
Mcleod-Lafferty-Kostin
Janmark-Ryan

Chychrun-Ceci
Nurse-Barrie
Kulak-Bouchard
Desharnais

Broberg to the minors. He looked good for a bit, but has had more mishaps lately. Let him go down and keep the confidence building rather than have him shaken going into the playoffs.

Ideally you haggle Arizona down to a 2nd from the 25 1st to keep some draft capital for trades in the next couple years. But I would pay that much if it meant us getting Chychrun over another team getting him. Esp Colorado who could be looking to add with EJ out and Makar questionable.

If Bouchard takes a bridge deal (which why wouldn't he? Hes not getting a big payday from this year.) That D is set for the rest of Mcdrai's contracts. We keep a couple really decent forward prospects in the pipeline to hopefully fill the hole in the top 6 permanently in the coming years.

That top 6 is perfect imo.

The west is wide open, and I feel these moves would make us favourites.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
So they don't have to retain money for 4.5 years. At least with Campbell they can trade him in a year or 2 or buy him out . It is a better option then retaining 4 million on Karlsson for 4.5 years.
There's zero chance San Jose takes a project goaltender while also retaining big money on their elite trade asset. If that were the case, easy decision to ride out Karlsson's epic year for its thin fanbase support and wide trade market options in the summer. (And quite likely never take a trade call seriously again coming from Ken Holland).

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
They're interested in draft picks? Did you think Campbell would be the center piece for a Karlsson trade?
He's yet another dead contract option. The Sharks are not picking up 4 years on a project goaltender. They might take functional NHLers like Barrie and even Yamamoto (1 years remaining in their deals); maybe even option on Foegele or expiring second chance former high pedigree, Puljujarvi. Then add high picks and maybe a quality young NHL player like Bouchard or pipeline pedigree like Bourgault or Shaefer.

We're talking epic, history making retention requirements. Their peak trade asset is going to go for highly questionable pieces like a struggling age 30+ goaltender.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
My ideal TDL

Chychrun for 23 1st, 25 1st, XB/Schaeffer, Pulju/yams.

Kane@25%+Lafferty for JP/Yams, Foegele, 24 1st, Another 3rd going out for a 3rd team to retain an extra 50% on Kane.

E. Kane-Mcdavid-Hyman
Nuge-Drai-P. Kane
Mcleod-Lafferty-Kostin
Janmark-Ryan

Chychrun-Ceci
Nurse-Barrie
Kulak-Bouchard
Desharnais

Broberg to the minors. He looked good for a bit, but has had more mishaps lately. Let him go down and keep the confidence building rather than have him shaken going into the playoffs.

Ideally you haggle Arizona down to a 2nd from the 25 1st to keep some draft capital for trades in the next couple years. But I would pay that much if it meant us getting Chychrun over another team getting him. Esp Colorado who could be looking to add with EJ out and Makar questionable.

If Bouchard takes a bridge deal (which why wouldn't he? Hes not getting a big payday from this year.) That D is set for the rest of Mcdrai's contracts. We keep a couple really decent forward prospects in the pipeline to hopefully fill the hole in the top 6 permanently in the coming years.

That top 6 is perfect imo.

The west is wide open, and I feel these moves would make us favourites.
It's favorable trading four 1st round picks to run a short roster?

The Kane trade at the very least is going to cost what Toronto paid for their package, which was the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. We also have to account for salary moving out. Trading Foegele would cost capital.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Sending Campbell in a package for Karlsson is the most obvious move, but Holland would never do that.
Holland seems the stubborn type to admit when he made a wrong move or signing. And it's almost like he will go down with that ship before admitting he goofed Instead of trying to make it right

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
There's zero chance San Jose takes a project goaltender while also retaining big money on their elite trade asset. If that were the case, easy decision to ride out Karlsson's epic year for its thin fanbase support and wide trade market options in the summer. (And quite likely never take a trade call seriously again coming from Ken Holland).
What did you miss? By them taking Campbell they don't retain on Karlsson amd that evens out the money. Some people need to read before responding jibberish

Why are we scouting both these teams?

Edmudson of course 😂😂😂🤣😂

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Sent him to the Sharks for Karlsson. No retention.

Barrie + Campbell + Puljujarvi 2023 1st + 2 2nd and a prospect . I think Campbell would waive to go to the Sharks. I also think it easier trade then getting them to retain for the next 4 years
This. But that is a summer deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad